We stayed here as part of a large family reunion, and while resorts aren't my thing anyway, too many things didn't work quite right and the staff wasn't quite on the ball in the way I would expect at a large, popular, and expensive resort.
We arrived in our lovely suite to discover that the toilet didn't flush. The front desk promised to send up a repair person, which ended up taking several hours and multiple requests--no time estimate, no apology, just a hassle.
I requested toothpaste from the concierge, then went to take a nap. After repeated calls from the front desk asking if I'd received the delivery, I got up to discover that someone had come into the room while I was napping and left the toothpaste on the bed--the bed I was sleeping in at the time. I can't imagine an international hotel where that's an acceptably normal thing to do.
Little things just weren't right: The shower door wasn't hung perfectly so it didn't close all the way, a sewage smell came up through the shower drain, the clocks in our room and those of our other party members were all set to different wrong times.
And if we're going to pay $31 each for the mediocre (but vast and very nice looking) breakfast buffet at the Cove next door, it's pretty lousy to arrive to find a 40-person line waiting to get in. We came back to the Reef to find another dozen refugees who'd fled for the Starbucks. The cost is what it is, though, including the many, many fees added onto our final bill, and the $22/day you pay for the privilege of accessing the wireless. That part I did expect.
Oh, and one plus about the Reef: For what it's worth, the elevator rides were noticeably smooth and fast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Paradise Beach, guests of The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection enjoy miles of white sand and ocean in their backyard with all the wonder and excitement of Atlantis on their front doorstep. Our Bahamas resort hotel features studios, one and two bedroom suites that offer all the conveniences of home with a full kitchen or kitchen area complete with linens, cookware, table settings, refrigerator and private balconies with water views. Guests of The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection enjoy a semi-private pool, shared only with The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection and a Starbucks lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Reef Atlantis Paradise Island
- The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island