We loved the Reef. It is quiet, clean and very friendly. We ate breakfast everyday in the room. Everything you need is in the room. We ordered food from Foodstore2go and it arrived just after we did. The hotel staff was very friendly and accomodating. We always found a spot at the pool or the beach no matter what time we arrived. The beach was very clean and the chairs at the REEF/Cove beach were so comfortable. It so nice to go visit the action and then come back to the quiet side of the resort. I would not recommend a harborside room, mainly because it also over looks a huge parking lot too. I am also not interested in watching the cruise ships come and go. The ocean view is outstanding!
The downside to Atlantis is the cruise ship traffic. Most days, the cruise ship passengers did not seem to make it all the way down to REEF side of the water park/pools. On our last day, that was a little different. The usual beach spot we took by the waterpark on the Reef/Cove side was very busy with cruise ship passengers who were smoking cigars and swearing. But, we just picked up our stuff and moved to the private REEF beach and told the kids we were done with the waterpark for the day.
Kids absolutely loved the water park. We rented a private cabana one day by the current river rapids. It was a great private location, very close to the power tower water slides. We could easily take a tube from the cabana, hop on the rapids and take the river directly to some of the power tower slides.
Trip of a lifetime!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Reef offers the conveniences of home and the amenities of a luxury residential community. Adjacent to The Cove, The Reef rests upon the white sand beaches of Paradise Island with the gracious relaxation of the Bahamian culture. The Reef welcomes guests to unplug completely or plug in to all Atlantis has to offer. Residences at The Reef run from stunning studios to three bedroom suites with kitchenette or full kitchens, washer/dryer in unit or adjacent and magnificent ocean views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Reef Atlantis Paradise Island
- The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island