This is the second time in Atlantis but first time at The Reef. During our first visit we didn't bring our kids who are 2 and 8 and stayed at The Royal Towers. We originally booked for The ROyal Towers but my husband decided to upgrade us for a studio at The Reef... What a difference! From the minute we arrived the service and attention of the staff was excellent! We arrived at 11am & we were able to check into our room right away. If in any case your room is not available they do have a very lush transit area where you can change into your swimwear and head for the beach or pool. We had an ocean view studio which we loved! The room was modern yet warm and cozy. Sitting out in the balcony at night watching and listening to the ocean and waking up to see the sun rise over the island was priceless! If you have young kids request to have the mini bar locked up. Every item inside has a sensor which if moved charges to your room automatically. They do have a full kitchenette so if you're looking into saving some money- keep in mind they have a stove,microwave, fridge etc.. you can bring small grocery items and stock up for the duration of your stay.
Once all set to jump into the water they have the cascade pool which is great for families- there are shallow parts great for toddlers. The beach right outside The Reef is not crowded at all- plenty of chairs unlike the beach behind the royal towers. Of course they too have a poolside fastfood place- must Try their jerk chicken and pina colada!... If you have kids and would like to take them to the water slides and tube rides it is a very easy walk from The Reef... If you prefer they also do offer a shuttle service to all the towers & it arrives every 5 minutes.
FOOD - Yes it is expensive but you are on vacation at the carribean so you should expect to shell out some cash even for the smallest items... you may cut some cost by bringing snacks and breakfast items as mentioned or sign up for the meal plan! We had breakfast @ The mosaic which was pricey but worth it!.. its gourmet buffet breakfast so we only had a light lunch every time we ate there. They also have starbucks at the lobby which offers cheaper breakfast/ quick lunch options.
Marina Village is a shuttle ride away which also offers restaurant choices. Make reservations! We weren't able to eat at the Great Wall( the restaurant in the royal towers) since it was fully booked for 2weeks... and we waited a hour @ Carmine's witrhout reservations. Do venture out for lunch to the Fish fry and you MUST try the poop deck which is right off the bridge. My husband made use of the gym and was very satisfied. I visited the Spa... and had the best massage ever ( and I do visit teh spa a lot) . ALl in all the kids, my husband and I had a wonderful time at the reef- it is more expensive but you do get what you pay for.. work hard to play hard!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Paradise Beach, guests of The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection enjoy miles of white sand and ocean in their backyard with all the wonder and excitement of Atlantis on their front doorstep. Our Bahamas resort hotel features studios, one and two bedroom suites that offer all the conveniences of home with a full kitchen or kitchen area complete with linens, cookware, table settings, refrigerator and private balconies with water views. Guests of The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection enjoy a semi-private pool, shared only with The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection and a Starbucks lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Vacatia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Reef Atlantis Paradise Island
- The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island