“Worth every penny!”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Belleville,NJ
“Worth every penny!”
Reviewed July 23, 2008

This is the second time in Atlantis but first time at The Reef. During our first visit we didn't bring our kids who are 2 and 8 and stayed at The Royal Towers. We originally booked for The ROyal Towers but my husband decided to upgrade us for a studio at The Reef... What a difference! From the minute we arrived the service and attention of the staff was excellent! We arrived at 11am & we were able to check into our room right away. If in any case your room is not available they do have a very lush transit area where you can change into your swimwear and head for the beach or pool. We had an ocean view studio which we loved! The room was modern yet warm and cozy. Sitting out in the balcony at night watching and listening to the ocean and waking up to see the sun rise over the island was priceless! If you have young kids request to have the mini bar locked up. Every item inside has a sensor which if moved charges to your room automatically. They do have a full kitchenette so if you're looking into saving some money- keep in mind they have a stove,microwave, fridge etc.. you can bring small grocery items and stock up for the duration of your stay.
Once all set to jump into the water they have the cascade pool which is great for families- there are shallow parts great for toddlers. The beach right outside The Reef is not crowded at all- plenty of chairs unlike the beach behind the royal towers. Of course they too have a poolside fastfood place- must Try their jerk chicken and pina colada!... If you have kids and would like to take them to the water slides and tube rides it is a very easy walk from The Reef... If you prefer they also do offer a shuttle service to all the towers & it arrives every 5 minutes.
FOOD - Yes it is expensive but you are on vacation at the carribean so you should expect to shell out some cash even for the smallest items... you may cut some cost by bringing snacks and breakfast items as mentioned or sign up for the meal plan! We had breakfast @ The mosaic which was pricey but worth it!.. its gourmet buffet breakfast so we only had a light lunch every time we ate there. They also have starbucks at the lobby which offers cheaper breakfast/ quick lunch options.
Marina Village is a shuttle ride away which also offers restaurant choices. Make reservations! We weren't able to eat at the Great Wall( the restaurant in the royal towers) since it was fully booked for 2weeks... and we waited a hour @ Carmine's witrhout reservations. Do venture out for lunch to the Fish fry and you MUST try the poop deck which is right off the bridge. My husband made use of the gym and was very satisfied. I visited the Spa... and had the best massage ever ( and I do visit teh spa a lot) . ALl in all the kids, my husband and I had a wonderful time at the reef- it is more expensive but you do get what you pay for.. work hard to play hard!

• Liked — EVERYTHING- the room service location
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank adventurousfamily

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (423)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Abingdon, Maryland
Reviewed July 19, 2008

My husband and I just returned from a 4 night 5 day visit to The Reef at Atlantis on Paradise Island in the Bahamas. We had an awesome time without breaking the bank. Prior to traveling to the resort, I read several reviews of the Atlantis Resort warning future travelers of how expensive the food would be. The cost of food was definitely expensive. The cost of a basic hamburger from the poolside snack bars ran about $11.00 and no that did not include fries. A glass of cheap wine would run you anywhere from $9.00-$11.00. Sodas on average were $3.50 and water bought at the snack side bars was $10.00 but $4.30 in the sundries shops and no it was not Fiji water just your basic bottled water. A medium 12 inch pizza from the Marina Pizzeria was $24.00, and slices were $7.00. Cereal and milk would cost you $10.00. Breakfast buffets were $23.00 and dinner buffets I believe were $46.00. The most reasonable meal aside from the gourmet meals we had on the resort property was at Murray's (a delicatessan). I had chicken fingers, fries, and a soda and my husband had a 1/2 chicken, mashed potatoes, and vegetables for $40.00 which included the 15% gratuity that is tacked on to EVERY food purchase in the resort except for at Starbucks, which does not include a 15% gratuity for some reason. I knew our room had a kitchennette so we packed a small duffle bag of food to help curb the cost of food on vacation. Some food items you may consider packing are sodas, water, granola bars, Ramen noodles, Spaghetti O's, peanut butter and jelly, bread (pack in a shoe box so it doesn't get smooshed). They do have a grocery store that you can take a taxi to but the prices are ridculous for items you can simply bring your self. For example, a box of cereal would run you $7.35 at the store. If you do find yourself in a pickle with food there is a mini mart across from the harborside marina in a small shopping village where items are slightly cheaper (bottles of water $3.80 and bottles of soda are $1.50). Located near the mini mart is also a liquor store called Bristols where you can purchase your own liquor for significantly cheaper prices(a bottle of cheap wine there was $7.95). I also suggest eatting at Carmine's, a family style italian restaurant in the harborside marina, early in your trip. The portions they give you at Carmine's is humoungous so you can save your leftovers for lunch the next day. We also found that eatting at the Starbucks which was located in the lobby of The Reef and at the Harborside Marina was the best value for breakfast ad lunch items. I had a large blueberry muffin ($3.75) and a breakfast sandwich (good size, a bit larger than the sadnwiches at say a Burger King $6.75) which were equally delicious. We also had a good lunch there one day (chicken salad and tuna sandwiches $6.75). Bothe were very good. As for the gourmet restaurants, we found that the prices there were only slightly above what you would pay for a gourmet meal say at a Ruth Chris or Morton's. We ate at Casa De Angelo and the Bahamian Club both of which I would highly recommend. If you choose to eat at the Bahamaian club either do not eat a lunch that day or do not order an appetizer as the entrees were gigantic! I ordered the onion soup and was not able to eat most of my entree. Both of these restarants serve their meals with bread. Last but not least in the food area I cannot leave out Anthony's Grill which is also located across from the Harborside Marina. Anthony's will gie you the most reasonable price for breakfast and dinner. My husband and I ate a large breakfast there for $25.00. We also previewed their lunch menu and a cheeseburger their would also run you $11.00 there but at leats it INCLUDES your french fries!
As far as service is concerned I would only rate The Reef as above average. My husband and I have stayed at many higher end resorts/hotels and have been treated better. When we visited Mexico we felt as if we were treated like royalty, not so much here although I do have to admit that all of our needs were met but I just can't rate it as high because of how friendly the Mexican people were. At the Mexican resorts all of the workers would say hello to you whenever you would walk past them, this did not happen here. I feel as if the workers at Atlantis could smile a little more while doing there job. Those of you traveling the first time would probably disagree with this statement.
The ocean water was AMAZING. It truly is crystal clear and warm. Great area for snorkeling. We did not bring our snorkel gear but wish we had. I could see many fish just from floating on my raft (which I purchased for $10.00 while I was there) and would have loved to seen more.
We also took a Ferry ride to walk around Nassau ($12.00 total for 2 people round trip). The Ferry is located right next to the bridge. When you get to the bridge area make a right and keep walking (you will think you are not walking in the right direction but you are). While on the Ferry, they had a tour guide telling us all about small tid bits of information about the island. His name was slim and he was very entertaining. Dowtown Nassau included various shops (low end to high end), restauraunts (Burger King, Sbarros, Hard Rock, and Senor Frogs), the Straw Market, and government buildings.
Entertainment at Night was pretty much limited to shopping, the casino, or the night club Aura. Aura is free to hotel guests Tuesday through Thursday but charges a $20.00 fee on Fridays and Saturdays. Although the club is frequented by many famous people I didn't think it was all that great. I enjoyed Coco Bongo's in Cancun much more. Aura however was the cleanest club I have ever been to.
The resort is very large but is totally walkable between destinations if you choose to walk. If you do not wish to walk you can always take advantage of the complimentary shuttles that are located out front of each tower. We enjoyed the walking especially after eatting such large meals!
My husband and I were suckered into doing one of those time share presentations. The incentive for sitting through the presentation was a $125.00 voucher and breakfast. Breakfast was a juice, water, or coffee and your choice of muffins, danish, croissants, or donuts. The voucher could only be used in the Royal, Coral, and Beach towers, at the Casino, or for room incidentals (we were not told this originally). We were also told that the presentation would take 90 minutes. Well, we were there from 9:00-11:45, kind fo irritating.
On the last day of the trip I did the Shallow Water program ($160.00) at Dolphin Cay. It was very fun. We had the chance to pet, feed, hug, and kiss the doplhin. It was a very safe place to do this sort of excursion. Each person received a drink, and a bag as part of the package. Pictures of your excursion could be purchased starting at $15.99. My husband did not want to do the excursion so he bought a beach pass for $15.00 so he could watch me up close. They do have a waiting area that family members can sit in if they do not wish to purchase the beach pass. The excursion lasts about 90 minutes, with close to an hour in the water.
All in all my husband and I had a great time and plan to visit Atlantis again in the future for an even longer stay.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cost of food
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
7 Thank HollyV12
Arizona
Reviewed July 18, 2008

We stayed at the Reef from June 6 to June 14. The rooms are beautiful. We travel a lot around the world and I was concerned whether the rooms would be too small. We were with 4 teenagers from 15 to 18 years old. If you have seen any of the new contemporary high rise condos going up everywhere, that's what the Reef was like. It was an upscale condo, plenty of room, with a kitchenette. The bathroom was beautiful too, and had a flat screen TV so you could lay in the tub and watch! Bathroom also had 2 double sinks, and separate shower.
Since we had read tripadvisor before we left, we did bring a suitcase of food. I'm glad we did. The kids ate in in the mornings. We stopped at the City Market on the way in from the airport to pick up eggs, milk, etc.
Another tripadvisor member had recommended Junior with Higgs Limosine Service who was everything wonderful she said about him. Junior's number is 242-525-3661. He knows everything and is very accommodating. We felt very safe letting him drive our kids to some places.
The cost of meals for dinner at most of the Restaurants was absurd! We had been warned so we were prepared. We loved Murray's deli - the food was good, it's a family casual restaurant, and the menu is great. Also Carmine's is reasonable because it is family style. We ordered 3 main dishes and there was too much for the 6 of us. The food was great there too.
Now, our meal and service and cost at the Great Cafe of Waters was horrible! Nothing tasted good, it was ridiculously expensive, and the service was bad. We don't mind paying for great food, but this was plain awful.
We loved Mesa Grill, pricey, but we thought the food was fabulous, and the room was terrific.
Cafe Martinique - gorgeous restaurant and very expensive. We went for my birthday. I think it cost $500 for the 6 of us. The service was outstanding and the food was great.
The food prices really put a damper on the trip. I wish Atlantis would lower their food prices to a normal amount, pricey is fine, but not THAT pricey!
There is a shuttle that runs every 10- 15 minutes from the Reef to any of the other towers. This service was outstanding.
The water park is incredible! Our 4 teenagers stayed there all day, every day. They ordered lunches from the grills there and they were reasonable. My husband and I enjoyed the lazy river ride. I could have stayed on that for days.
The beach is beautiful by the Reef and most workers were very accommodating and helpul. They bring you your chair with an umbrella attached. I sat right at the edge of the water and read my book. It was paradise.
Atlantis says there is a Teen Club for 14 - 17 year olds, which is one of the reasons we chose to go here. We, adults, were not allowed to go upstairs to take a peek at it to see if our kids would like it. Our kids did go one night, stayed 5 minutes, and said it was stupid. There were video games and a movie. They didn't see any DJ. We were disappointed about this. Plus they charge$15 per kid.
There's a movie theater for free, with popcorn, and they show 3 movies throughout the day. It was fun to have there.
We enjoyed the casino a few of the nights, it was fun too.

One thing we greatly resented, was when our kids were doing the dolphin encounter. We paid $560 for the 4 of them to do this. When we went to walk out to the area they were in, we were stopped at the door and told we could not go out to watch unless we paid another $15 per person!!! We were really angry about that. I think it's stupid of the hotel to do this. It just creates bad feelings.

Atlantis is a gorgeous resort. It kind of reminds me of a cruise ship, only on land, and much more magnificent. The Reef and Cove are the 2 nicest towers. They are new. They are also on the quieter side which was nice as well.

Some of the service was really bad. For example, when we went into the gift shop at the Reef (they sell some food too, like milk,and drinks, etc.), there would always be an employee on the phone and they look at you like you are bothering them and/or there will be 3 of them standing together chatting until you finally have to interrupt them to ask for their help. I would fire them in a second! We found some of this type of behavior throughout the resort - perhaps it's just an island attitude.

If anyone would like me to answer any questions I will be happy to do so.

Continue checking their rates before you book. We wound up with a great rate of $330 per night at the Reef, which was reasonable considering it slept 4 and the room was large. Also they have this armband thing that you have to wear to go to the beach or pool.

I don't think you can go wrong here, unless you do not want to spend a great deal on dinners.

• Liked — The rooms were beautiful and modern and extremely roomy and well decorated.
  • Disliked — They never changed our sheets the entire week we were there even though I called everyday.
6 Thank TheWorld&I
Jersey Shore
Reviewed July 16, 2008

Stayed at the Reef for 5 nights in late June with a family group of 10. All had an incredible time, and were lucky with perfect weather and no rain. Property is excellent and thoroughly recommended for all ages. We had toddlers through seniors in our group and the only problem was finding somewhere to eat together. The first thing to do when you arrive is call restaurant reservations and book what you can.

Our accommodation was 2 suites and 2 studios on the top floor of the Reef with a Harbor view. The rooms are incredible and very well equipped, but the maid service was a little haphazard (coffee and face cloths never replaced, no shampoo). Reef suite has a huge balcony (including ashtray for you smokers), and includes an additional inflatable bed if required in addition to the sofa bed, not sure about the studio. We took a suitcase of cereals and snacks as suggested by other reviewers, and had the transfer bus driver stop en route from the airport for adult refreshments.

Beware of the cartoon map provided by the resort because it is deceiving when you are not familiar with Atlantis. Our first night we ate in the Mosaic Grill (at the Cove) because it was close by, and the concierge suggested we to take the shuttle bus from the Reef. On the return leg we later discovered it's only a very short, covered walk back to the Reef – no need for a bus. Aquaventure is only a 10 minute walk from the Reef, again we found this out after taking the Shuttle to Royal Towers and walking from there to Aquaventure on our second day. On busy evenings we sometimes had to wait for 2 shuttle buses but most of the time they were frequent and reliable.

Things to do.
The older kids and adults had a blast at Aquaventure, particularly on The Current, spent 2 days there, but it can get busy with loungers at a premium when Cruise ships are in town. Leap of Faith, Challenger, and Serpent Slide (all at Mayan Temple) are all worth while, but we felt the Power Tower was not worth the wait (30minutes floating in a tube), unless you walk up. The toddlers loved the River Pool and Splashers as well as the Cascades Pool at the Cove/Reef . Don't miss the dig and other sea life exhibits all around the resort. Also thoroughly recommend the deepwater dolphin experience. The Cove/Reef pool is much quieter than the other areas around Royal/Coral Towers and there are plenty of free loungers, even when the other areas were very busy due to cruise visitors. Suggest pool shoes for the kids/adults because the grounds around all the pools are very hot. Never found the time to make it into Nassau, perhaps next time.

Watch out for celebs, my son recognized a couple of big NBA stars and they were both kind enough to let us take photographs.

Mosaic Grill (Cove) - convenient buffet for Reef/Cove and good range of food.
Water's Edge (Coral Tower) – Nice buffet, only place we actually managed to book a table for 10 people before 9pm.
Bimini Grill (Marina Village) - managed to get a walk in for all 10 and had a great meal, best value we found.
Mesa Grill (Cove) - the 5 adults had an incredible meal, while the younger party members enjoyed room service!
Jonny Rockets (Marina Village) - great burgers and great atmosphere.
Note the dress code for some restaurants called for long pants, but we saw many people in shorts in Mosaic and Mesa Grill.

For lunch we ate at the various poolside snack bars which are very convenient and numerous, but beware the Bahama Mama's, they had a tendency to bite!

No point in commenting on the prices you’ve read it all before. Just relax and enjoy the experience and you will have a truly memorable vacation.

4 Thank atydeman
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed July 14, 2008

We stayed at The Reef about 3 weeks ago for 4 nights. We were a group of 4 families. The property itself was really nice... the Lobby is very upscale. The rooms are clean and very modern... for the most part nice. I had some safety issues with the rooms. The beds are platform beds and have metal holders that keep them in place... which can be dangerous if you have a little one. Also, I did not find the studio w/double beds to be that comfortable for 2 adults, 1 child and a baby... mainly because we had a crib in the room... nowhere to sit. Another problem we encountered that I had read about...was the attitudes of some of the staff.... I was completely surprised when we experienced some of this. For the most part.... we encountered really nice people... especially all of the doormen...but we detected some attitudes with the front desk ppl and management... which was disappointing!

The Casade pools are really nice. I really enjoyed the pool area the best because it was nice, quiet, peaceful... there were no crowds. The brightside of our stay at the Reef.

We booked through a travel agent.... which did not work to our advantage... As we booked back in Jan ... However, Atlantis.com had a sale 2 weeks prior to the start of our stay... so we had friends join us last minute for a fraction of what we paid. Unfortunately it would have cost us too much to cancel and rebook. So instead we asked for an upgrade... which we were told could not be done. Only to find out that one of the families that came with us... who arrived separately was given an upgrade upon asking. Our friends who were received the upgrade to the one bedroom did really like their accomodations as ... the one bedroom provides the comforts of home.

The biggest problem we had ... seemed to be with the Management. We prepaid for our trip.... and did not know that we had to do an amenity hold for $2000... fine no problem; but, one of the couples that came with us did not have that available on their credit card.... they didn't offer many good options ... so we ended up covering their amenity hold as well. It took 2 calls and 3 emails to get the manager to actually do something about releasing the hold on our credit card. We were back for over one week before they finally released the $4000! I wrote and spoke to the Manager ... who in my opinion was less concerned and extremely uncaring. I explained to him we had another trip coming up and needed to use our card. To this day... he has yet to apologize or acknowledge that they made such an error. This really bothers me ... as I'm in the Hospitality Industry and I expect Management to be a good example of what you'd like your property to portray.

Atlantis itself offers a lot for families.... the waterpark is really great... truly enjoyable... you cannot go wrong with the activities.
I don't know if I would recommend The Reef right now... as my ex-husband went the week after and also encountered some problems... .so I think they still have some kinks to work out. I would definitely say check out the Harborside Condos (not sure of the name)... we did a tour of those and they seem to be really nice... it's like renting a condo... so no attitude.

This trip was for the kids and the kids enjoyed themselves... but the parents did not. I can't say it was really worth the money.

We actually just got back from Puerto Vallarta and enjoyed the service & resort there 100 times more.

• Liked — The Casade Pool Area
  • Disliked — The Management and the room
2 Thank GFLJAMES
San Diego
Reviewed July 11, 2008

The Reef was perfect for us. We were treated wonderfully all over the property, but spoiled at the reef. Our trip started out with an “issue” of a broken window in our Jr. Suite. 20 minutes after our arrival and 2 minutes after the Rum had hit the Coke for our long awaited (and well deserved!) refreshment there was a craaaash. A sliding window between the bathroom and the bedroom shattered when my 8 year old daughter closed it. I wasn’t there, so I’m not sure how hard she closed it, but I do know that there were no rubber stoppers, etc, just glass on glass in our room. She had some minor cuts. We called the front desk and said we needed help as there was glass everywhere. After 20 minutes no one had arrived. My husband called again and got the same answer “Someone will be right there”. We were a bit “stressed” after our long day of travel, so when another 20 minutes went by my husband decided it was time to head down to find some help. Just after he left, 3 maintenance guys arrived and this began the parade of wonderful, caring, nice, fantastic people! My kids were both very upset, as were we about breaking something in a room. The maintenance guys immediately said “It’s vacation! Accidents happen, don’t worry...”. Security arrived, another security person arrived, the hotel manager arrived and then one of the front desk ladies (Zeldarine) returned with my husband. Each person did their best to put us at ease, calm us down and make us feel welcome. They moved us to another room and even upgraded us to a one bedroom suite! Zeldarine teased my daughter that it was because all of the doors were wooden, not glass. She was truly one of the nicest people I’ve ever met. I can’t say enough about how helpful she was in getting our vacation back on track and she is a shining memory that we have taken from our vacation. Sean, the hotel manager called every day for 3 days to check on our daughter and to make sure we were all enjoying ourselves. So our rough start was quickly over and our fantastic vacation began.

The whole property is beautiful. The water slides were a big hit with all the kids and even the adults (We were just one of 3 families traveling together). We spent many hours each day riding The Current in our tubes, everyone loved the waves and rapids. The kids did the Power Tower, Leap of Faith, Abyss, etc. all day long. The Leap of Faith is a blast, you drop and then slide through a tube through the shark tank. Very fun. We also did the jet skis twice (bargain with the guys and you will probably get the price down) and a bit of snorkeling offshore. The snorkeling was not the best, but fun for the kids as it is better than home. The beach was good, but it was nicer the farther away from the hotel you got with clearer water and less people along the Reef Beach.

Yes the food is expensive (think 3 Haagen Das ice cream bars poolside for $21!)! But after reading the boards we were prepared and not surprised. The food poolside is OK. Chicken sandwiches or hamburgers, fries, etc. On the 2nd to last day we did find a healthier option near the Cove pool... you will see it opposite the hamburger station, it’s the one with no lines! However, it had chicken or vegie wraps, salads, and fruit and vegie offerings. Starbucks in the Reef lobby is also a good option with sandwiches. Lines get long in the morning around 9:30, but were very small most of the rest of the day. They also offered some fresh fruit.

We ate at Mesa Grill twice and had fantastic meals the both times. We did an adult dinner for 6 one evening and had fantastic food and service. Then my husband and I had a cozy dinner for two with good, albiet slow service, but more excellent food - try the Black Bean Quesadillas and Pork Tenderloin or the Fillet!

For the most of the nights it was easier to just eat in our room as we stayed so late at the pools. We had a full kitchen that made cooking easy. We had hoped that the shop we had heard about that was in the lobby of the Reef would work for a few staples, but it really does not have enough to get by. Only things like milk, bread, bagels, cream cheese or chips, etc. All at extremely, unbelievable prices ($10 for a small bag of Tostitos!). Head to the grocery store and it will be worth the drive. We had a couple of dinners out on our balcony at sunset watching the cruise ships depart for other port. We found this easier than fighting the crowds in the Marina Village or the rest of the resort. Our last night we ate at Bimini Road in the Village. Very long lines, but a fun atmosphere and good food (Mahi Mahi was wonderful!).

The only complaint we had was the timeliness of some of our requests. It seemed if you made a call for something (like extra towels...) it was a long time if ever responded to. I agree with other posters that it is just “Bahama Time” (Something I slipped into myself just about the time we headed home...). However, if you asked someone face to face, every request was met with a smile and it seemed they would do anything to please you.

We took away some beautiful memories from this vacation. The Bahamian people are truly wonderful. I don’t think I’ve ever met so many honestly nice people in any other destination!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank DrmnOfMaui
texas
Reviewed July 5, 2008

WOW! I have traveled extensively to other countries but the only other beach resort I have done was Costa Rica and this just blew it away! I honestly dont think another resort would even compare to Atlantis....and the Reef was top notch!!

We went June 6th - June 12 and the timing was perfect! The weather was great and the crowd was few and the water was perfect! The hotel itself is very modern. Not generally my personal style but we loved it! We had a corner room which overlooked the harbor, partial beach and dolphin cay. It was great!

We had a studio room with a queen pullout Sofa. The bed was comfortable with a 42 inch flat screen and the bathroom was amazing....it even had a flat screen by the tub which my son loved!

We went through all the hotels in Atlantis through the week and the only other hotel I would stay at was the COVE right next door....but would take the Reef as my first choice. The crowds at the other hotels were terrible. Over congestion of people and the staff could not accomodate the crowd as great as the Reef. Beach Towers and Coral towers were the worst. They reminded us of outdated Holiday Inns.

We brought my oldest son who is 7. We are all for kid friendly, obviously, but the over run of kids and adults at Coral and Beach Towers was way to much. It was loud, wet, damp smelling and the staff was nothing compared to the Reef. Plus the cruise ships would dock and let everyone from the cruise out at either Atlantis hotel or the Coral Towers. Even catching the shuttle at those hotels was a pain. We were so spoiled at the Reef!

We rarely saw more than a couple of other guests at the Reef so it was peaceful and quite. I cannot think of one time the staff did not go out of their way to help us or know our names.

Its not well advertised but the Reef also has an entire schedule of daily activities either poolside or on their beach for the kids which are great for some nice downtime!

Personal recomendations for Atlantis:

Food:

We had a kitchenette in our room. We had the taxi stop at the local grocery on the way from the airport. All american products and within $1.00 of what we would normally pay. We bought a ton of snacks for poolside and night time and a couple of easy dinners like spagetti. Several nights we were just tired and content to hang our in our room and catch a movie.

If you like to dine out make sure to bring the proper clothes. Many restraunts are not casual attire. You have to dress appropriate, in some cases slacks, dresses etc. We went into town and dined at the local places if we didnt order in. The Poop Deck is a local favorite right outside of Atlantis. Great views of the Harbor and good food and very reasonable!

Anthonies Restraunt in Marina Village was very affordable and the food was great. I highly recommend the Ribs. The rack was enough for my husband and I to split. There is also a Dominoes that delivers.

We ate most lunches poolside. Usually hotdogs or hamburgers. You will pay $10 for one but it is made fresh and very filling.

Activities:

Dolphin Cay was great. We did the shallow dive with our son and the deep dive later. If your children are 10 or older I would skip the shallow and do the deep. There is much more interaction with the dolphins. The shallow is nice for small kids who cannot swim and want to touch a dolphin but its pretty short once you get to the dolphin and very limited. The have a little sea lion tour for $30....skip it.

Jet skiing a MUST! The water is AMAZING! You can jet ski out to the sandbars and all around the island and the water is crystal clear. We would stop the jet skiis and just watch the fish swim below us! We thought about parasailing but it was overpriced It was $50 for 5-7 minutes.

Snorkeling

Flying Cloud can be booked at the hotel desk. Its a great catamaran ride out to a little reef and sandbar and very enjoyable. It runs $60 a person. If you go on the weekend it includes a full lunch....during the week.....two drinks and chips. You will see Blue Adventures all over the island advertising but I was told you are shuttled around in a bus quite a bit. The catamaran was much better.

There is also an all day excursion out to some islands with turtles, sting rays and iguanas. We would have loved to do it but it was booked and I will do it next time.

Our son went to Kids adventure a couple of times and had a great time! It was nice for us to get some adult time in while he played too.

KIDS:

Without a doubt this is a very family friendly place! We have four children under 7 and although there was plenty for kids to do, FOR US, I am so glad we only brought our oldest this trip. The river ride is the best by far and even leads into some rides that you just float too. But you need to be 48 inches!!! I saw so many parents who were stuck at the "Little kids" areas because their kids were too scared of the tube rides, or they couldn't swim. Older kids were mad because younger siblings were holding them back and vise versa. If you truly enjoy just hanging out at a pool or the kids area there are plenty of them.

But we were so glad that we had the freedom to truly take our 7 year old everywhere....and knowing how to swim is huge for obvious reasons.

We are looking forward to taking our other children with us when they hit 48 inches and we can enjoy it with them as well!

It was amazing and we cant wait to go back again! It was our best vacation so far!!!

I would recommend the first two weeks in June if you can swing it. the crowds are still light and we saw a huge shift in the crowds our last two days as "peak season" was hitting.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Island
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
#5 of 14 in Paradise Island
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograp...
#10 of 14 in Paradise Island
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive

Been to The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!