We just spent 4 nights in a 2 bedroom ocean suite at the Reef. The master bedroom had a breathtakingly beautiful view of both the harbor and beach. For the high price, there were many things were poorly maintained. Which included switching out the mini fridge, resetting the thermostat, fixing the toilet seats and unlocking the safe. All the mentioned problems were promptly resolved by the polite staff. The washing machines and dryers in the rooms have been disconnected, so you now have to do laundry on the 2nd floor. I found this to be a little annoying. However, overall we LOVED it there. It is a third world country and I didn't expect perfection. The hotel did give us a $150 credit to make up for all the problems we had. The Reef and the Cove seemed to be the nicest and least crowded of the property hotels. We rented a car and purchased fresh seafood from the market daily, which was much less expensive then dining at the Atlantis restaurants (and poorly reviewed food). The suite had a nicely appointed kitchenette, so we ate most of our meals there.
Our 9 year old had the time of his life as we signed up for both the "Snorkel The Ruins at the Dig" and "Shallow Dolphin Encounter". The water park was huge and clean. A bit crowded when the cruise ships were docked mid day and the Atlantis allowed those people to purchase day passes.
Overall, a great family vacation that would do again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Paradise Beach, guests of The Reef Atlantis enjoy miles of white sand and ocean in their backyard with all the wonder and excitement of Atlantis on their front doorstep. The Reef features studios, one and two bedroom suites that offer all the conveniences of home with a full kitchen or kitchen area complete with linens, cookware, table settings, refrigerator and private balconies with water views. Guests of The Reef enjoy a semi-private pool, shared only with The Cove Atlantis and a Starbucks lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Reef Atlantis Paradise Island
- The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island