Traveled to Atlantis with wife and twin 9 y/0 girls 11/3-11/7 which is just the right amount of days. Took a cab/SUV from airport ($45) with a stop for supplies. The Reef was pretty empty because many people canceled b/c of the storm Sandy. We had a studio and they gave us an ocean view room. Studio is very nice size with balcony, pullout couch, large bathroom with tub and two sinks, dishes, dishwasher, iron, safe, silverware, plates, and coffeemaker. The staff was super nice. We had a problem with the INTERNET connection and they tried very hard to fix it but it kept cutting out. They did not charge us for the limited INTERNET we did get.
Pools and beach by The Reef are very nice and quite. The water slides were a big hit with the kids and even a lot of fun for adults. There is a large pool over by the Royal Towers that is being repaired. The marina area has some nice stores and restaurants and is a pleasant place to walk around at night. Felt very safe on the grounds even at night.
The food is ridiculously expensive, $4 for regular Starbucks coffee, and while we did get a great rate for our room, everything is extra, $15 for gym use, fee for maid service, $20 for Wifi, $30 to use spa whirlpool, and there is 15% gratuity on EVERYTHING you buy, even a pack of gum. I knew this going in, so it didn't bother me but if you get a great deal to go to the Atlantis, you should be aware of these extra charges that will add to the cost of your vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Paradise Beach, guests of The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection enjoy miles of white sand and ocean in their backyard with all the wonder and excitement of Atlantis on their front doorstep. Our Bahamas resort hotel features studios, one and two bedroom suites that offer all the conveniences of home with a full kitchen or kitchen area complete with linens, cookware, table settings, refrigerator and private balconies with water views. Guests of The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection enjoy a semi-private pool, shared only with The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection and a Starbucks lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Reef Atlantis Paradise Island
- The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island