Having just returned from a Four day "weekend" trip to The Reef, I felt compelled to write a quick review. First off thanks for the previous reviewers who recommended Fergies Taxi service from the Airport, Sandra was there waiting for us (even though customs/immigration was short staffed and took almost an hour to get through) and arrived 15 minutes early for the scheduled pickup on the return trip. It is not a short ride to the airport and her rates were very reasonable.
The resort was everything it claims to be, it is very "disney-like" in a good way. Everything is perfectly manicured and it is overrun with helpful staff. The selection of places to relax either on the beach or one of the many pools was endless. My Twelve year old son had a blast at Aquaventure and claims it was one of the best vacations he has ever had, keep in mind that this lucky child has been to Disneyworld and several cruises in his short travel history.
The food, albeit expensive was top notch, pricing equivalent to New York City restaurants should have the same quality and it did, everywhere we ate. The only non positive events we heard observed were with other patrons either being rude to the staff or not being able to control their children or themselves, and was not a common occurrence but was observed more than once.
The resort does offer day passes to cruise passengers and the resort tends to get crowded from 10am til 3pm only, but this can be all avoided by staying at your private beach and pool at The Reef where day passes are not allowed. Overall it was a great "weekend"!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Paradise Beach, guests of The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection enjoy miles of white sand and ocean in their backyard with all the wonder and excitement of Atlantis on their front doorstep. Our Bahamas resort hotel features studios, one and two bedroom suites that offer all the conveniences of home with a full kitchen or kitchen area complete with linens, cookware, table settings, refrigerator and private balconies with water views. Guests of The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection enjoy a semi-private pool, shared only with The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection and a Starbucks lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Reef Atlantis Paradise Island
- The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island