After reading a TON of reviews, my husband and I booked 3 nights at the Reef, and 3 nights at the Riu (see my other review on Riu). I wish we’d booked all 6 nights at the Reef! From check-in to check out, and even when we visited the casino and spa AFTER we’d checked out of the Reef, the customer service was amazing. Every person that worked at Atlantis said “good afternoon” and was beyond helpful.
We also really enjoyed the water park, the casino, and all the lagoons and aquarium.
Bring snacks. We took a carry-on of Pringles, peanut butter crackers, cookies, breakfast bars, etc. This cut down on our spending in a huge way. We had a meal at the more casual restaurant or Aquaventure “snack bar” once a day - $35 for two burgers and fries.
Stop at the grocery for water/drinks and at the liquor store. We didn’t even buy drinks during our stay, but on the menus we saw drinks run around $10 each. We saved a lot making our own cocktails.
Negotiate the cab fare BEFORE you get in! We learned this the hard way. The sign said $9 to get anywhere on Paradise Island, and the driver charged us $15.
Use the shuttle! Also learned this the hard way. Atlantis is HUGE. :)
If you have them, use your freebies! We got a “taste of Atlantis” pass that included some drinks/appetizers at a few of the restaurants. I thought it would be useless. Nope! We got 2 margaritas (small, but free) at Mesa Grill, and a sake/sushi sampler ($40 value, and delicious) at Nobu.
Bottom line – expensive? Yes. But worth it. The service, grounds, beach – everything was amazing. If you want a cheap vacation...go to Mexico.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Paradise Beach, guests of The Reef Atlantis enjoy miles of white sand and ocean in their backyard with all the wonder and excitement of Atlantis on their front doorstep. The Reef features studios, one and two bedroom suites that offer all the conveniences of home with a full kitchen or kitchen area complete with linens, cookware, table settings, refrigerator and private balconies with water views. Guests of The Reef enjoy a semi-private pool, shared only with The Cove Atlantis and a Starbucks lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Reef Atlantis Paradise Island
- The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island