Thank God I was on a business trip so my room and meals were paid for. Me and my husband would have been upset if we paid for anything out of pocket. We got a group rate but the hotel taxes and gratuities were nearly $100 a day.
It is the perfect getaway for families but honeymooners beware. Unless you stay at a higher end tower like The Cove get ready for annoying kids. Parents allow them to run freely. The Cove is an adult only hotel and unless you're staying there you won't be allowed to enter the pool area or go beyond the lobby. Even their lounge is private. I would definitely stay there if I ever return.
The food is overpriced but Carmines is worth every penny. They serve all the dishes family style so they can be shared. Our group of 7 ordered two appetizers, one salad and two entrees and we had food leftover. Beware you will need a reservation on weekends but you need to be a party over six to make one. We also ate at the pizza parlor and that too was affordable. A whole pizza fed the two of us for $25. We also ventured over to Anthony's for breakfast. It was nothing to write home about but it was diner pricing.
The slides and lazy river were a blast and the grounds are awesome. Once you leave the resort however you are in a for a rude awakening. The taxi driver tried to stiff us and the Fish Fry area recommended in other reviews was a disappointment.
I wouldn't suggest this hotel to anyone on a budget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection is a centrally located hotel on Paradise Island and within the Atlantis resort. We offer contemporary, relaxed accommodations within a tropically casual atmosphere. Guestrooms have one king or two queen beds with sitting areas and full balconies with water or terrace views. Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection is just steps away from marine exhibits, a seven-acre snorkeling lagoon, BLU Pool, water slides, the Crystal Court Shops, Marina Village, the casino and several casual and gourmet dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Coral Towers Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Coral Hotel
- Atlantis Coral Resort
- Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island