Just returned from the Coral Tower at the Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island, Bahamas. Arrival around 2pm on a Friday was effortless. Tried to sweet talk into an upgrade (our 40th anniversary) like others suggest, but no deal. Still, room was perfect. In the Reef Wing closest to the beach, top floor of 4 floors. Great view of the BLU pool. Walks are long but to be expected in a resort that size. Water features are amazing. Our 4yo granddaughter too small for most slides but she still had a blast on the Splasher Pool slides, beach and pools. Food is crazy expensive like others have said. And beware of the room - after taxes, fees, tips, etc it is almost double. $225 room cost $2000 for five days (you know that when you book). But even at that rate it is similar to Polynesian Village at Disney. One memorable staff is the nice lady "pretending" to vacuum outside the library. She greeted each guest with a cheery "Good Morning... Have a wonderful time", etc., every time we passed. She was a day brightener we looked forward to every morning. Ate at several restaurants on the grounds (see separate reviews). Other reviews say bottled water is pricey. It is. Two HUGE bottles in the room are $7 each but I found worth the price when compared to lugging in cases of water. Drank tap water often with no ill effects. One thing that could be improved is the wrist band assignment. Need a wrist band every day if using the water features. Extremely SLOOOOOW having to key in information and wait for bands to print. But the up side, beach towels (and chaises) were abundant. Unlike the Nickelodeon in Orlando, they do not track towels and do not bill you if you do not return them to the kiosk. I LOVE THAT! No more guarding your towel from poachers! Service was pretty amazing depending on the day. First day they left extra coffee and condiments, arranged my granddaughters stuffies on the bed, and even filled the ice bucket. The fridge (formerly a mini bar but now just a stripped shell) was barely cooling - a problem I would overlook at a Holiday Inn, but not at a $400/night room. I called and a new working fridge was delivered within fifteen minutes. Second day not quite as good... no shampoo. Called again and was promply delivered a bag full of shampoo, soap, conditioner, etc. NO COMPLAINTS about the service or the attitude. Every person without exception said good morning, etc. when meeting them in the all or on the walkways.
We tried to not charge too much to the room so we paid cash when possible. But so easy to just flash the card we did that a lot too. Final tab for 5 days was about $800, but $400 of that was one meal at Virgils (for 8 people). Think of the Atlantis as a huge cruise ship permanently docked. It has the features of a cruise ship including the shopping arcades and entertainment, without the free meals! We were a little apprehensive about going there (son was performing comedy at the Jokers Wild Comedy Club), but was a great time and we will be going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Coral Towers at Atlantis are centrally located and offer contemporary, relaxed accommodations within a tropically casual atmosphere. Guestrooms have one king or two queen beds with sitting areas and full balconies with water or terrace views. Coral Towers is just steps away from marine exhibits, a seven-acre snorkeling lagoon, BLU Pool, water slides, the Crystal Court Shops, Marina Village, the casino and several casual and gourmet dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, TravelUp, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Coral Towers Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Coral Hotel
- Atlantis Coral Resort
- Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island