“Great place for family with kids”

Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Orlando, Florida
“Great place for family with kids”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We have been to Atlantis many times when our kids were little, and we decided to go again in May with our now teenagers. We had a great time! The lines for the rides were not long - maybe 15 minutes at the most. The place is huge!! We got the wine and dine package where they gave you freebies. We are wine snobs, so we didn't enjoy the free wine at the Italian place, but we enjoyed everything else. We arrived around 2pm and they gave us rooms on the 3rd floor right away. These rooms were disgusting - smelled like mold. We had stayed so many times before that we went back to the desk and told them it was not acceptable. They upgraded us and we ended up with beautiful rooms on the 6th floor overlooking the pools and vegetation. We enjoyed the free movie and painting ceramics as well. Fun times!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (782)
  • Turkish first
Toronto
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed the many aqua-venture: water slides, river rapids etc. Staff were exceptionally helpful and courteous, willing to go the extra. Prestige beaches. My only regret that the hotel/resort was so self contained and enjoyable I did not get chance to see the rest of island and try the popular Bahamian fish fry or fish stew. I shall return.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank NauticalSolutions
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

You will enjoy every second, and the time flies... Pricey but well worth it. Met all our expectations. Room service when you want it. Casino downstairs, waterparls, pools, the beach 200 feet from your room. Cant beat it.

P.S. Do not stay at the (paradise island harbour resort it is a dump)

• Stayed June 2014
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My husband and I went just the two of us to Atlantis last August and stayed at the Coral Towers. While we went again in January and stayed at the Cove, I would recommend the Coral Towers for families and the Cove for couples.

The coral towers is in a perfect spot on the resort and in close proximity to everything. The room was clean and perfect for us. We did a lot of pool hopping and hanging out at the beach.

For breakfast we walked to Dunking Donuts, had lunch by a pool and then went out for dinners. I would highly recommend Dune, Mesa Grill and Nobu. One night we made reservations at Montague Gardens off the resort where they will pick you up at your hotel and bring you back, that was fantastic!

The reason I would recommend staying here with kids is because to me, staying at the Cove, or Reef and spending the extra money, isn't worth it for me when my focus is on the kids. If I have time to enjoy the adults only pool, and the quiet beach at the Cove/Reef, then I will stay there, but with kids, you will be pool hopping and hitting up the water slides, which you can do while staying at the Coral Towers.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Christine M
Rockport, Texas
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The excitement of coming to such an exceptional hotel was so strong, until I got there! The place is HUGE with tons of activities. However, the rooms were dated in the Corral Towers and everything cost "extra". For example, $21.95 a day internet access (never could connect); $15 a day gym access; $15 a day for a refrigerator in your room. For the cost of the rooms per night and meal plans, I was expecting a bit more. Going 5 days without internet access, well, that was just crazy! Our conference presenters struggled with their presentations as the internet either wouldn't work or was intermittent. The pools were open 9-7pm, with some of the slides not opening until 10:00am. I was there on business, so the only time I had was before 9:00 and after 7:00. Spent most of my free time on the beach. Out there were tons of jet ski vendors constantly bugging you. Be sure to get a towel during the business time, as those close, too. The hotel staff was so helpful, courteous and professional! Many of them even remembered my name! All in all, it was a great time and wonderful resort, just plan on spending a lot of $$ at the Atlantis AND don't get in a hurry! It's island time over there!

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors provide less noise and better views. Higher floor facing pools/water more sc...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank twebblake
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed the many aqua-venture: water slides, river rapids etc. Staff were exceptionally helpful and courteous, willing to go the extra. Prestige beaches. My only regret that the Hoyle was so self contained and enjoyable I did not get chance to see the rest of island and try the popular Bahamian fish fry or fish stew. I shall return.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Leonard C
Coatesville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 24, 2014

The Coral Towers has many great perks that will keep you and your family running from morning to night. My wife and I took our 15 year old son for a 6 day trip to the Coral Towers for the use of the Atlantis water park and beaches. We had an amazing time, truly impressive resort.
The only concerns are the same as most on this board, the costs of everything. The one thing I would like to see the Atlantis do is offer perks to their on-site vacationers additional perks versus the one day visitors. Similar to what you would get at Disney or Universal? This is a big stop for the cruise ships, it would be nice if the water rides opened an hour earlier for on-site customers or an hour later, maybe free wifi or something. The Atlantis' boggles my mind as many vacationers would probably be repeat on-site customers if they offered real incentive to stay, but they don't. There are ways to save a few dollars, there is a small complex across the street with a few store, you can buy beer and soda at 1/10th of the price on the resort. We did pack water and food, brought it down via our checked luggage, also brought a rolling cooler to take beer / sodas / water from the store to the beach or water park. To give a idea on the cost, lunch for three costs $30+ a can of soda…$3.50 but at the beer store across the street it's only .80 cents.

So the positives; many, it was endless fun, the folks that worked through out the resort - wonderful ***except the front desk***, the building details - nothing was missed, many options of things to entertain the entire family for days, the beaches were beautiful!!!

Opportunities; the prices were bordering obnoxious, the aggressive jet ski vendors that are all over the beach - I wish the Atlantis would not allow them to harass their guests, the lack of incentives for on-site customers.

Would we go again, probably not but it was an experience that my family will always remember with a smile. I gave the resort 3 out of 5, mainly because of the costs, but with a few adjustments the resort could be a 4 out of 5.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
#5 of 14 in Paradise Island
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive

Been to Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!