“Fraud, fraud, fraud, and more fraud”

Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I stayed at the Atlantis from 11-29-2013 to 12-3-2013. It was a complete fraud and an awful experience. I only wanted to stay two nights, but the booking agent told me I had to stay a minimum of four nights. Then I got to their Check In desk. I saw and heard persons checking in for one night and two nights.

My last two days and nights felt like I was in prison. When I checked out, I felt like John Belushi in BLUES BROTHERS as he was getting out of Joliet Prison. There was NOTHING that I enjoyed about my four days and nights at the Atlantis. It is the most over-rated hotel on this planet.

I tell my friends in Los Angeles, "Take a trip to Las Vegas instead. Vegas has at least 20 hotels that are far better than the Atlantis and a lot less expensive."

The worst part was that the Hotel Manager admitted to me that I should not have been required to stay there four nights. But the Atlantis still fought me when I tried to get my credit card company to reverse the charge for two nights. I lost on that matter and I am very angered about that. I wouldn't send anyone to the Atlantis. Not ever.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank BigAL90275

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We've stayed at Atlantis many times and every time we find something new and fun to do. Four of us stayed at The Coral Towers and 2 at The Royal Towers.
The staff at both places were exceptionally friendly and helpful. We were fortunate with great weather so spent alot of hours by the pools and attractions. All great. We loved the rapids and lazy river, the pool bar bartenders and poolside food.
A new plus is the free slot tournament every day. We played every day and had so much fun. We really had no negatives and come back year after year and this is definitely our 'happy place.' Susan

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank harborview
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We stayed for four nights in December 2013 at the Coral towers in Atlantis. I would probably go back. I paid a little extra for a harbor view room and was disappointed in the view. I mentioned it at the front desk and without hesitation they moved us to the top floor with one of the most beautiful views I have ever seen. The staff at the hotel was very helpful and friendly.
Next, a bonus of the Coral towers is Marina village which is right outside the entrance. This was a nice place to go see the large yachts that were docked, plus it has nice restaurants and shops. There was always a band of some sort playing. It felt very safe to hang out there at night.
The shops and restaurants in Atlantis itself are expensive. We didn't opt for the meal plan and I'm glad we didn't. We were able to eat on less money than we would have spent on the plan. The walk up window restaurants in Aquaventure were a good place for lunch, very reasonable prices and free drink refills, which is unheard of at other restaurants.
For dinner we ate at Johnny Rockets (good food & prices) Bimini Road (edible food, TERRIBLE service, kind of pricey) Murray's Deli (good food, pretty pricey, so-so service) Marina Pizzaria (good pizza, decent prices) and like I said, the grills/walk up window restaurants at Aquaventure, (decent food & prices). There are some very expensive restaurants and all we did was walk by, read the menu, and keep walking.
We did take a taxi to Nassau (I'd recommend only doing that during daylight hours). Go to the straw market for cheap souvenirs. We also went to the fish fry, which is an area with all seafood restaurants. We ate at Goldie's and is was really good. Somewhat pricey, but totally worth it. Very fresh seafood. Pat at Goldie's was the nicest person we met on the whole trip.
Overall, people were friendly, especially the ones that weren't working for a pre-arranged tip. Some of the servers at the restaurants were rude and not at all in a hurry. I don't like to rush a meal, but if I ask for water I think once, maybe twice to ask is a reasonable amount. At Bimini Road I had to ask four times. But the islanders are so friendly otherwise. Yes, you do get bombarded on the beach with people wanting to braid your hair or sell you jewelry, but they take a simple no and move on. To me, it's part of the experience.
This was a special trip celebrating a milestone, so it's not something I could do all the time because it is more than I typically spend on vacation. But it doesn't have to be totally outrageous money-wise. I just looked around at where I was and knew that the extra money I was paying for the experience. You're on an island in the middle of beautiful water, sun shinning, so yes, you will pay extra for stuff. But you just have to decide if it's worth it to you or not.

Room Tip: Harbor view, 9th floor of the Coral towers is amazing!!! The higher the floor, the better.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank S C
Reviewed January 24, 2014

This was our first stay at the Atlantis, however we have visited the Atlantis , via cruises... And it will be our last stay....at the Atlantis ... We were told our rooms were complimentary and we checked out with a thousand dollar bill ... They charge you electricity, plus a room tax , plus maid service, plus another charge... All the restaurants were expensive and the food was average... The rooms were outdated for such a pretty property.... The rooms were clean ... And every one there complained about the casino it was like all the machines were set... You could not win anything ...if you go to Atlantis do get the cab driver to stop at a grocery and pic up drinks and all your snacks you would need.. Also kids were all in the casino, a little disappointing.. But our company and our anniversary made it worth while, and as far as the New Year's Eve party 1000. A ticket, thank goodness it was comped that was a joke....we have traveled the world and that was the worst ....

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank sclarke49
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Before I begin the review, I have a few things to note. Don’t let my lack of activity on Trip Advisor be an indicator of my traveling experiences. I have traveled the world. I have worked at a 5 diamond hotel as well as casual dining and upscale dining restaurants. I was very, very apprehensive to go to Atlantis/Coral Towers based on the majority of the reviews on TA. My expectations were extremely low. I was pleasantly surprised at how great it was. I don’t know what people are expecting when they book a room that is clearly stated ‘moderate’. It was moderate. It’s not a 5 diamond hotel and you aren’t going to get 5 diamond service or atmosphere. But that doesn’t mean it’s not a good hotel.

Arrived at Nassau via BahamasAir from Palm Beach International. Was going to take a cab to the hotel but when we exited the airport were asked if we wanted a Town Car for $50. Since it wasn’t that much more than a cab, we took it. Duchess was our driver and she was great. (There was no crazy line for cabs like others have said).

I went to Atlantis on a reciprocal offer because of my status at the Palazzo in Vegas. I haven’t seen anyone mention this but check out the Atlantis Casino page and you will see there are promos for comp hotel rooms if you have certain status at other casinos. To get the room comp’d we had to play a minimum of 6 hours slots or tables. They didn’t mention any minimums or dollar amounts, just 6 hours. Anyhow, the room was automatically booked in the Coral Tower. I asked if I could pay the difference to upgrade and was told no.

Check in was quick and easy. I did give a $20 tip to the front desk agent to ensure a great room. Got a room on the 11th floor with a great view. The elevator had a strange smell in it the whole time we were there. The room didn’t smell musty as some have said on other reports. The room was a typical hotel room. The sheets were clean. The bathroom was clean. That’s what matters to me. There was some wear and tear around edges of walls in the bathroom, but nothing that was such a turnoff as others have indicated. The shower drained properly too.
Arrived around 5:00 pm and walked around the property to get acclimated. Had a quick bite to eat at Johnny Rockets in the Marina Village.

Next morning had breakfast buffet at Mosaic in the Cove. I’m sick of everyone talking about how expensive the food was. We all know going in the food is expensive. But let me ask this---what other Caribbean resort have you gone to where the food wasn’t expensive? The buffet was good. Not great. Food wasn’t always hot. It was fresh though. They made omelets to order. Pancakes and waffles were made a few at a time and were always fresh. Service was great.
Went to the beach after breakfast and immediately upon walking down the stairs the beach attendant jumped up and asked if we wanted chairs. Great service.

Had dinner at the Deli at Marina Village. It was ok. We only had apps and salads so I can’t really comment on the food. Service was good.

Next day we did the Snorkel the Ruins at the Atlantis. It was $109 and lasted one hour from start to finish. It was good. Not as great as snorkeling in the open ocean, but still good and didn’t take up half the day. There were 8 of us in the group. The staff was super nice. They let you keep the snorkel and give you a recyclable Atlantis bag when you finish.

Grabbed lunch at one of the places near one of the pools. We tried out a couple of the water slides at the Mayan Temple. No lines at all.

Took the Ferry over to Nassau around 4pm to do a little shopping before the stores closed. We should have taken a taxi. We had to wait and wait and wait for the ferry. The boat was there the whole time but what we realized was they were waiting until they sold enough tickets to fill the boat before it left.

There were 5 cruise ships in port and downtown was busy but it made it a good vibe. After shopping we walked to the Fish Fry. It was a nice walk and not too far at all. Just before the Fish Fry there are some little huts selling drinks. Our driver Duchess told us to get the Sky Juice from Metellus. He was a sweetheart and the Sky Juice was delicious. The Fish Fry is a strip of about 15-20 different restaurants and places for take away. We decided on Twin Brothers. Service was not good, but the food was good. We sat out front and watched the action which was fun.

Next morning we hit up the rest of the water slides. No lines at all.

Dinner at Nobu. Made reservations earlier in the day. It was my friend’s birthday so I went in a little before the reservation time and asked if I could have a dessert brought with a candle. It was great—they brought out the dessert with Happy Birthday written in chocolate on the plate.

All in all it was a great time. I’m glad I went. If I went again, I would choose the Royal Towers (more centrally located) or The Cove (more luxe). Don’t be afraid by all the negative reviews. I was and there really was no reason for it. All of the staff that we encountered were great. Everyone you passed said good morning or hello. I think some people just like to complain. I can’t stand complainers. Just relax. You are in another country. The culture is different. You’re on vacation. Don’t be so uptight. There are worse things happening in the world. You are on vacation and should consider yourself blessed

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
35  Thank OleoOleo
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Went to Atlantis. Stayed at Coral Towers. Cab driver said all the towers are decorated pretty much the same. Furniture was dated, but room was clean and fine--with a water view. We had a frig that wasn't working and a shower head that leaked. We called and they fixed both top within hours. Atlantis is a kids haven (and for those adults who still have some kid in them). DO: ask your taxi to stop at a grocery store and pick up water, soda, in-room adult beverages, snacks and breakfast bars. Food is expensive, so save it for the dinners. DO splurge on Mesa Grill. We also went to Olives and it was very average and expensive. We also went off property to the Poop Deck. Great food and atmosphere--worth the $30-35 cab ride (round trip). DO hit the slides as early in the morning as you can stand it (9am ish). They get more crowded as the day goes on--then hit the beach/pools. As we stayed in the Coral Towers, we hit the nearly empty Beach Towers pool in the late afternoon). Kids club got amazing reviews. Spa was average and overpriced. We will definitely be back!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank Mary R
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Long overdue review. We were there couple of years. Family of 5, for 6 nights.
Stayed in one room, got the rolling bed which was very comfortable and high quality. When we got there, we upgraded to a room with a view of the Royal tower. What a view! especially at night with all the lights on, and background piano music, worth every penny. Also, right underneath our balcony, was the little lagoon that nurses the barracudas.

We traveled on Easter Monday so nonstop flights was affordable in our area, and the hotel as well. Kids had to miss only 4 days of school, but prior to leaving we informed the school so they won’t miss any assignments or tests. We packed a full suitcase of fruits , snacks, cereal and breakfast bars, even juice boxes and organic milk boxes. We rented a frig, but we truly did not use it much, except for chilling the wine, but later we found out we could have used the mini fridge for that. Across the street, there is a mini mart for buying water, bread, cheese, etc.
For activities: My oldest did the scuba diving for the first time and snorkeling there, he loved it. The other 2 kids each got a bear from the “build the bear” shop. They also purchased lots of stuffed animals (nemo, barracuda, baby shark, you name it) from the gift shops, prices were reasonable, similar to the gift shops in US.
As for me, since I don’t get much chance to watch movies, I was entertained every night catching up on a movie in the theater. Will be back on day when the other two kids are older so they can enjoy the entire waterpark.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
#6 of 14 in Paradise Island
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive

Been to Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!