“Great getaway!”

Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

The hotel room was clean, comfortable and overall in good location on the Atlantis property. A bit overwhelming at first trying to navigate property but well worth the exploring. The lazy river is GREAT!! Stay away from the beach unless you enjoy being harassed the whole time by locals. The staff was not very friendly or helpful and some just completely rude. Very overpriced food items, be prepared to pay outrageous prices for basic meals

• Stayed: July 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (2,653)

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I have to say it's difficult to find something negative to write about this place. The service was top notch. Everyone was constantly tending to your needs. They were all extremely friendly and willing to go the extra mile if need be. I read negative reviews about the service, but that must have changed dramatically as not one employee gave us a bad experience. Well done Atlantis!
The grounds keeping is fantastic. The numerous restrooms located throughout the property are always clean and supplied. I would say that the "oldest" or "dated" property is the Beach Tower. There facilities keep use updating and the pool section of that property is pretty lame. The lazy river there is a snoozer!
The "aquaadventure" section of Atlantis is great. The only negative here is they let the cruise folks use the facilities. There are way too many of them coming to Atlantis so it spoils the splendor and relaxation of those actually staying in one of the towers. No cruisers!!! That said, if you know when the cruise folks are visiting, you can avoid them. They don't come everyday.
I felt the money spent on the Coral Tower was well spent.

The food pricing is a total rip off. They charge a premium price for sub par food. It's pretty poor quality food and we ate at Carmine's and Virgils which are supposed to be "fine food" restaurants.

Room Tip: Bring some food, or have the taxi stop by the market on the way to Atlantis. It will save you a ton...
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Ok, so where to start?

I'm from Canada and am 23 years old. I stayed at the Atlantis paradise hotel for 4 nights and 5 days with my mother and brother (21) in late July and just got back yesterday. Let me begin by saying that I also did a lot of research and read many comments on trip advisors before booking, because lets face it, everyone knows this resort isn't cheap, but honestly it was worth every single penny. If you have to do one vacation in your life, let this be the one. Everything exceeded my expectations. The beach is gorgeous: beautiful white sand and crystal clear water. The water is probably somewhere around 88-90 degrees (very warm), not many seashells and barely any seaweed. There are always plenty of chairs, so no need to go down at 7 am to put towels. The staff and service is impeccable. You truly feel like you are a queen or king. The bahamian people really go out of their way to always greet you and make sure you are 100% satisfied with your stay. I'm from Quebec, so I'm very use to bad service and miserable people and this was such a wonderful change. In just 5 days, my brother and I met and became friends with so many people who work on the resort. What about the pools you may ask? Um.. I think I read somewhere that there are like 11 pools. Needless to say, once again there are plenty of room and chairs for everyone to sit on. No need to go put your towels in the early AM, you will always have a sunny or shady place to sit in. The activities are a little on the expensive side, but not any different than in Mexico or any other sunny destinations. You do have to book them in advance though, because there are selected departure times that fill up very quickly so if you would like to swim with dolphins or snorkel the ruins better book in advance. We did the behind the myths tour with Travel Evans, which basically explains to you the myth behind Atlantis as you tour the ruins and the dig and get to learn a bunch of cool facts about marine animals. You finish by visiting the animal hospital, which is beyond amazing! Travel really knows his stuff about Atlantis and explains really well, I would definitely recommend it. It costs only 29 dollars (not sure about kids rate) and you really learn a lot. You also get two free professional pictures taken (these are complimentary to the tour). As for the restaurants, I personally don't find them that expensive. If anyone has travel to Quebec, expect prices similar to baton rouge, jack astors, mozza, elixor, etc. Obviously, there are those restaurants of 50-80$ a plate, but you have so much selection that if that isn't in your budget you wont be limited. There are many restaurants which average 12-25 a plate (which are delicious), and you can get a very good salad, wrap, or burger at johnny rockets for about 10-14 dollars. For breakfast, you can go to Starbucks and get a morning sandwich, or you can have continental breakfasts which can cost 10-15 a person (again, for me that is the same as going out for breakfast here) or you can go to see grapes for the breakfast buffet and pay 25 per person. Here, you really have an all you can eat sit down buffet. This is perfect for those with a very strong appetite. Very big selection and food is always 100% fresh. For the popular restaurants such as Carmines, and Chopstix please book in advance if you do not want to eat at 8 or 9. We didn't mind it, because we are all adults and like to leave the beach around 5:30-6, but for those traveling with kids might want to get earlier reservations. There is plenty shopping and a huge casino for those whose pockets will allow for. Also, there are clubs, lounges, arcades, a movie theatre and a bunch of activities to keep the little ones happy. Among them there are a build-a-bear toy store, pottery making and glass making centre cooking class and some type of car racing/building class as well. Everything is on the resort so you never need to leave, which is great for those who do not feel comfortable leaving (even though I saw many people do so). Often, in the morning you saw people returning from Dunkin doughnuts, so for those who love and prefer DD there is one very close by. The hotel is just out of this world. For those who love sea creature or are interested in marine biology you will be in heaven. There are sharks, turtles, sting rays, and millions of other marine animals surrounding you everywhere you go. Also, I would like to mention that Atlantis does a lot for the environment and animal rehabilitation. All animals are eventually released into the wild, there stay in paradise is temporary just as ours is :) To finish up, people often have questions about the rooms. In the coral towers, I was very satisfied: beds and pillows were comfortable, sheets were always clean, mini bar always full, and plenty of towels. No mold or weird stains anywhere. At the beach, there are pedlars, but they do not harass you. Simply, be kind and say no thank-you, and they will leave you alone no problem. We did the banana boat and jet skiing and the machines are perfectly safe so no need to worry.

This was my first time in Bahamas, and my family and I are already talking about returning next year!

Thank-you to everyone at the resort for making our stay in paradise truly out of this world!!!

Amanda

5  Thank Amanda G
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My wife and I visited the Atlantis from our Cruise. We took the ferry from Nassau, be carefull with the ferry, hard to get on and off the boat. We walked around The Island for a while and went to the Atlantis. We have been there a few times and it is still one of the best resorts I have seen. We walked around some stopped by the casino, nice place to gamble, we went down by the dock are and sat for a while and had a slice of pizza, nice cruise stop, had a good time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank millerb
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I read about the hotel, expensive food and crowds before arriving but was still disappointed by the hotel accommodations. The Coral Towers rooms are no better than a Holiday Inn. The grounds and beach are beautiful but there are so many smokers and cigarette butts it is gross. There is smoking at all the hotels and it smelled even in the non-smoking rooms. Stay elsewhere and go to Atlantis for the day. The one bit of advice I did take was to use Cheryl Ferguson for transportation. Her and her husband were amazing. Picked us up, gave us very reasonable prices, suggested places to eat and visit and transported us all over the island. Very professional....if we ever go back that is the one thing I would not change.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view..
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We've just returned from a week at Atlantis.
Huge kudos to Debra and Matt and Shinari who made our vacation so wonderfully memorable!

We had an awesome 2bedroom/2bath suite in Coral Towers -- top floor, lots of terraces with gorgeous views. ( we got an awesome rate or could not have afforded this room)

I did a lot of research before our vacation -- reviews on tripadvisor, on the web site and talked with friends who had stayed at Atlantis as well. Prior to our arrival, we had dinner reservations ( don't miss Seafire Steakhouse and Carmine's), spa appointments (pedicures were nice but nothing to rave about), golf tee tiime ( gorgeous course) , and stingray experience ( feeding and snorkeling with 100+ stingrays and tons of fish -- the feeding part freaked me out but it was super cool!)

Like many others we walked across the street to the grocery store for water and snacks....and ate most of our breakfasts at marina village (Starbucks or Quiznos). Meals at the restaurants are very expensive but we planned for it and weren't surprised/off put.

We spent the rest of our time touring the stunning grounds, enjoying the slides and the Current, playing on the beautiful beach, enjoying the Dig and relaxing.

We found everyone on staff very helpful and friendly.

Atlantis is a great place to vacation!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kelmorris
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I just returned from Atlantis with our 2 kids and we had a wonderful vacation there. The staff was all very friendly and helpful. We stayed in an oceanfront room in the coral towers that was clean and nice with an amazing view. There are many dining options to choose from. Most of the restaurants offer kids menus and we went during a time where kids eat which was nice. We all enjoyed the beach and all the pools and water slides. Overall it was a great family vacation!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Island
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
#3 of 14 in Paradise Island
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive

Been to Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!