“Great family vacation!”

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great family vacation!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I just returned from Atlantis with our 2 kids and we had a wonderful vacation there. The staff was all very friendly and helpful. We stayed in an oceanfront room in the coral towers that was clean and nice with an amazing view. There are many dining options to choose from. Most of the restaurants offer kids menus and we went during a time where kids eat which was nice. We all enjoyed the beach and all the pools and water slides. Overall it was a great family vacation!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (772)
  • Turkish first
Rocky Point, New York
Reviewed July 27, 2013

After reading months of reviews I was a little worried. I had reserved 2 connecting rooms and a fter a quick check in we were in our rooms. They weren't as bad a s I was expecting. My husband did make a comment when we walked in which he usually doesn't but I was happy. The rooms were spacious and clean. The bathroom was pretty new. The only thing I don't like is carpeting. This carpeting could have been replaced but wasn't so bad that I didn't want to walk on it as I have experienced on occasion. We were on the 7 floor as I had upgraded to a water view before arriving and so glad I did because the view was priceless. I spent every morn and evening sitting on my balcony. My inlaws didn't up grade and were on the 2 floor with no view.

Atlantis is a beautiful place and not once did I encounter one unfriendly person. We had a small family reunion with various ages and everyone had a great time. Yes it can get expensive but know that going in. I bought a rolling cooler I used as a carrion and packed snacks and drinks and ordered soda/water from food2go and had it delivered and also bought beer and wine from Bristol liguors across the street. We wheeled that cooler everywhere. Food is not so great anywhere and that was my only disappointment of this trip. Atlantis was worth it just once but I would never return.

Room Tip: Definitely upgrade to a water view
1 Thank mom3DNS
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is going to be a long review but I promise it will be very informative to make sure you are aware of what may happen on your trip to Atlantis and I will share helpful tips to make the most of your atlantis vacation and how to handle any hiccups. Just returned back from a 5 day 4 night vacation at Atlantis Coral Towers. While researching this property, I was able to find out from other trip advisor reviews that they offer casino packages. Living in Las Vegas we have club cards so we called and had them rate our play to see what we qualified for. We were able to get 2 nights comped and 2 nights at $79 plus applicable taxes and resort fees, Great Deal, was very excited. My husband's daughter decided she wanted to join us with her family of 4. Was able to get a second room at $79 per night for them. My teenage son and his cousin also joined us and was able to get a 3rd room at $159 per night. SO excited to have this great deal for all of us to have a wonderful family vacation right?! Wrong! Should have known we were in for ride of a vacation when our plane had a flat tire and they delayed it for 6 hours before cancelling it til the next day. Husbands daughter took an earlier flight and she was already there. Called hotel to tell them we were not going to make it until the next day, they changed our reservation accordingly, however even though I told them one room would be occupied that night. they changed all 3 rooms at the same exact time that my stepdaughter was at the counter trying to check in. they told her she wasnt scheduled to come in til tomorrow and she said uh hello, I am standing right in front of you! After an hour of them trying to figure out what happened she was able to check in and get their room.When we arrived the next morning, they would not let us check in until 3pm. no exceptions! Now lets get to the room, room was on 5th floor overlooking pools, royal towers and you could see the ocean, would have got a better oceanview if on a higher floor but still happy with the location and very comfortable beds. 2 days into the trip, remote stopped working on the tv and they could not replace the box until the next day, at the same time the air also stopped working properly...Really?! hotel did give us a $50 credit for the inconvenience..thanks. As for the restaurants...AVOID THEM! read the reviews, everyone is right VERY EXPENSIVE, ridiculously expensive. never ate at them. I had done my reseach prior and packed an entire suticase full of snacks, water and juice boxes that I bought at dollar store to fill the voids during the day and it worked great, I get free bags with delta so it was an advantage but even if you have to pay the bag fee, trust me it will be worth the savings, there is a grocery across the street but their snacks are very expensive because of the 100% duty tax they must pay to get things into the bahamas. We needed a refrigerator because of medication so they waived the $15 fee for that so we stored everything in the fridge, very good size.Walk across the street everyday to get dunkin donuts, very reasonable and they have free wifi. for lunch, the hot dogs and fries at the cashless carts in the resort isnt that bad. hot dog, chip and drink $9. For dinner get the phone number for montagu gardens, they will come pick you up and take you back to hotel for free, food is good and very reasonable, you must get the ribs, they fall off the bone! went there for my birthday dinner, party of 8 was $197 with gratuity! ended up going there again just the 2 of us on our last night. Anthonys is right next to dunkin donuts, very large meals, not too expensive. thay have happy hour food specials 4-6pm $5 nachos, $6 wings and calamari. if you want pizza beware they will not serve you a large pizza in the restaurant only for take out. they did not tell us that, order a large pepperoni that I thought was going to be $18 and was going to take the rest of it back to the hotel for the teens but they brought a medium to the table and when i questioned it, they said you cant have the large inside, would have liked to have known that when I ordered because got half the size of large for $16, not worth it so order the large and take it back to hotel or eat it outside. Marina village also has several restaurants, mostly overpriced as well, except for johnny rockets, quiznos and marina pizza. We ate at Bimini Road I think it was called, not too bad but everything is a la carte. 4 adults, 2 kids meals, $200.As for Atlantis itself, it truly is a great time for everyone. Coral towers is the most conveniently placed tower in the resort. So now to our checkout, because we were delayed, my husband and I decided to stay an extra night since we lost one night, but the other 2 rooms checked out, I went with them to make sure they were clear that only 2 of the 3 rooms were checking out because I had a feeling they would screw it up and guess what...they DID! After we got the rest of the family in their cabs to the airport, we decided just to have a relaxing recovery day in the room. About 3pm as we were laying down, the door opens and a famly of 4 start to walk in! They see us and quickly shut the door! They checked us out when they checked the other rooms out. We go down and talk to the manager to get it sorted out, the family that walked in our room was there and were very apologetic but now this was their beginning of their vacation already screwed up. hotel apologized and gave us another $150 credit for our experience. OKAY Thanks! Keep screwing up and my vacation will be practically free! They are accomodating when they mess up so just make sure they compensate you and they will, more if you push them. Now finally, the next day we check out and get our bill and see they there is nothing to pay, we actually have a -$11 bill. we checked my sons room and realized they never checked that one out, that was why it was screwed up, they checked us out of our room instead of my son's room and charged that room another $159 a night when no one was there. saw the maid cleaning it at 9am and asked if there was a bill under the door, she pulled it out of the trash and saw they had transferred our bill to that room when it was supposed to be the other way around! So on our last day when we needed to pack and leave for the airport by 1pm, we spent all morning down at the front desk to clear it up, not only did they charge another night for an unoccupied room, when they transferred it back to my rrom, they transferred back my original balance plus charged my room rates again, took me almost an hour to explain to them their mistake. Finally they just made the balances back to the original as they should have been and all is good, but wait hey, what are you going to do for this inconvenience now, another $75 off!! Thank you Atlantis! Thier mistakes made us have a cheap vacation and wonderful time at the resort itself!! I would go back there in a heartbeat! Everyone at the resort are very nice to deal with, just be patient, this is a mega resort that employs about 20,000 people. Just saw a commercial they have a $99 per night special right now, jump on it because I cannot say I would pay the $220 plus a night rate for this hotel. after taxes and resort fees, you will be paying over $300 a night. I will return to Atlantis but only on special rates and fully prepared for when they screw up. Hope this was helpful. One more tip, DO NOT touch anything in the mini bar, they will charge you even if you just move something so you can store your stuff, just get a fridge. Enjoy Atlantis!

Room Tip: ask for high floor, royal tower view, lagoon/pool view
8 Thank moonshark7
Georgia
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Atlantis is a great place to take a child that is old enough to swim. The amenities are wonderful. The room was adequate and clearn...but nothing spectacular (it may be time for some renovations). The staff was friendly and answered all of my questions. The only "hiccup" was an errant charge for the minibar (why do hotels insist on putting these in the rooms?). However, I was able to get that worked out with the concierge. Meals for 3 cost about $125-$300 per day (depending on where we ate). We did not go with a meal plan, but figured out that we wouldn't have saved any money by doing so. My gripe with the eating establishments were twofold: (1)expensive for what we got, (2) Restaurants were closed that were supposed to be open (per the schedule)...a bit of a pain when we walked across the resort.
However, overall we had a good experience and would go back as the resort was fun, clean and safe.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upgrade. If they are not too busy you may get one.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tangent1
Amsterdam, New York
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My room was great as it was very close to the beach. The room was very clean and spacious and had a great balcony that overlooked the ocean. I was very disappointed in the resort which i felt was outdated and extremely overpriced. I'm used to paying high prices like $8/bottle of water at Disney, but the prices here were absurd. You can't get a normal meal at one of the restaurants for under $60. I'm not even exaggerating. It's a $20+cab ride if you want to get anywhere out of the Atlantis grounds and experience local bohemian culture. I will never return here. I'm pretty sure i remember seeing $18 for 1 egg for breakfast.

Room Tip: Get your room as close to the beach as possible, otherwise you may have a long walk, and who wants a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I went to Atlantis last summer. The beds were uncomfortable, so they gave us a suite. As you can see, they have great service. The waterslides were fun. The lazy river was fun too. My favorite part of Atlantis is the beach. It is very nice. The restaurants over the are pretty good. The best one is Café Martinique. The dolphins were nice to kiss hug and feed to, but the prices were too much. I would definitely come to Atlantis again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank shantt_13
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were upgraded to the Coral Towers after booking at the Beach Towers and we were so glad!!!! The Beach Tower is at the edge of the property and the Coral Towers is much more centrally located. One thing you can't understand until you are there is how HUGE the resort is. There is a TON of walking - you MUST have good shoes, even if you are just planning on going to the water park. We actually packed our water shoes in a backpack to take down to the pools and wore our sandals with good support to walk.

The room we had was not great - it had no view, the safe was not workable, and we had leaky pipes that actually caused the carpet to be wet. However, the room was large enough for us to add a rollaway comfortably. The room had adequate storage for our belongings and the hotel itself was very attractive.

The pools and water park are absolutely amazing - very well staffed and beautiful. The Current is a lazy river with sets of rapids to keep you interested. We went on it every day! The Abyss was another favorite water slide. My husband was the only one brave enough to do the Leap of Faith but he liked it.

We did the Shallow Water Interaction through Dolphin Cay and loved it! Yes it's pricey, but honestly, what do you expect? Be prepared to ASK when you look at the pix at the end (you can't take your camera in) to buy just a CD with all the images. That cost less than the cheapest package on the list which is $150 but has photo albums, etc. A nice surprise with the CD was that we got professional images of the resort as well and extra pix of dolphins from Dolphin Cay.

The staff was absolutely wonderful. We really enjoyed talking to many of the trainers. Ask people when the animals will be fed since it's not listed anywhere. My girls had the chance to help feed the sea turtles and the manta rays at the Beach Tower which was awesome. We watched the hammerheads, nurse sharks, and other fish be fed as well. These were FREE - which does not come easily here! :)

The food was the worst expense - the meal plan was ridiculously priced for each day. I brought many non-perishable snack items and breakfast items for us in our one checked bag, We ate almost all of them and then had room for souveniers on the way home! 15% Gratuity is tacked on to EVERYTHING - whether you are sitting down to eat or at a carry out place. If you plan accordingly, you can eat for $100 an evening.... but it won't be easy if you like to have several drinks at a meal or a bottle of wine or dessert.

The resort really surpassed our expectations - we truly loved our time here and wish we could have stayed longer!

Room Tip: Def look for a room at the Coral or Royal Towers as opposed to the Beach esp if you have a hard time...
1 Thank Lulu331
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
#5 of 14 in Paradise Island
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,539 reviews
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
3.5 of 5 bubbles 3,750 reviews
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive

Been to Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!