The Atlantis is one of those places that you have to experience at least once. My first time, my wife's second. I have heard it described as Disneyland for adults and that is not far off the mark.
Yeah it is expensive but you already know that you get what you pay for in life.
So much to do at the resort both day and night that you really do not spend much time in your rooms. You have to experience the Dig to believe it. Be sure to go both during the day and at night as the experience is very different.
I can say that we truly did not have one bad lunch or dinner the entire week we were there. Virgil's is absolutely amazing as far as the portion size. We ordered a salad and the BBQ brisket and I swear they simply asked the cow to lie down on the plate. SO much food that we ate the brisket for lunch for two days. Ok so you have read a number of reviews complaining about the cost. The dinners were not cheap. And it is true that you are over charged for everything and because the resort is isolated, you really do not have much choice but to pay. There are some things that you can do that can make the daily average price very reasonable. We brought items for breakfast and snacks. Lunch very often was left overs from the night before supplemented with a vegie bag. ($8.00) There is a mini bar fridge in the rooms that we used to hold our stuff overnight. Go off site to the stores located outside the main entrance and purchase soda for $1.25 a can rather than $3.50-$4.00 per on site. Our average daily meal cost was around $110 for the two of us and we ate WELL and at most of the really upscale places.
I believe it worth asking for a water view but be prepared, water view can mean (as it did for us) the lagoon in the center of the complex rather than the ocean. Also try to get a room above the 5th floor as the view will be better and you wont smell the mold from the lagoons and water features that surround the hotels. Not a major issue though as we were on the 3rd floor and survived. We were in the Coral Tower and I would certainly recommend it. But for sheer elegance, you cannot say enough about the lobby of the Royal Tower. Incredible. Of course you are not allowed to sleep in the lobby so save your money and visit the lobby.
There is a $20 per day charge for WI-FI which I always find absurd. We skipped it and used the 15 minutes per person free internet service in the library and made it ok. (Of course there were the 434 emails waiting when we got back to the US)
The water park is one of a kind. So many water slides that are so unique. We did the park in the mornings and the beach, poolside or the walk about in the afternoon when the cruise ship people would arrive. I have to say that the Atlantis should limit the number of cruiseys allowed into the park. I know it is big money for them but the crowds do get annoying late in the afternoon. The movie theater was a nice touch. After a few days we were getting tired and it was pleasant to be able to just sit back for a night.
One final note. I read a lot before we left as to how rude the staff were. I did not experience this. People are as you treat them and we found that people were very friendly and responsive to our needs. The only rude person that I encountered was the US Customs agent at the airport as we were leaving. Go figure.
So much for the Bahamas. I am glad we went and stayed at the Atlantis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection is a centrally located hotel on Paradise Island and within the Atlantis resort. We offer contemporary, relaxed accommodations within a tropically casual atmosphere. Guestrooms have one king or two queen beds with sitting areas and full balconies with water or terrace views. Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection is just steps away from marine exhibits, a seven-acre snorkeling lagoon, BLU Pool, water slides, the Crystal Court Shops, Marina Village, the casino and several casual and gourmet dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Coral Towers Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Coral Hotel
- Atlantis Coral Resort
- Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island