“Did the right thing!”

Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The Atlantis is a beautiful property. Unfortunately our trip was cut short due to a tropical depression. We checked out after one night. The Atlantis refunded us for the good plan we purchased and the dolphin experience we could not use. They gave us a credit to come back with in a year. We were pleasantly surprised and are looking forward to returning. The food was excellent at the 3 restaurants we ate at- Virgil's, Carmine's and Seagrapes. We went on the slides before the rain really fell and they were fun. I can only imagine how much fun this resort is in the warm sunshine.

Room Tip: Water view worth the upgrade
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank macmish

Reviewed June 8, 2013

It's not overpriced. My visit was with family and everyone had an incredible time. We did not opt for the dining plan because we wanted to venture out into town for the "fishfry". We stayed in one of the top floors overlooking the ocean and the lazy river. The staff is friendly, the resort is loud during the day. There are two Star@#! locations in the Coral towers: only breakfast fare available. Make your free Star@#$! coffee in room & take it with you. You will be charged a daily "utilities/maid service", don't be surprised, to cover your entry to the waterpark. The waterpark gets packed early so plan to stake out your poolside chair immediately after breakfast. Free movies nightly at theatre. Casino is a short walk through lobby, bet on 6&8! Don't miss the fishfry, go to "Cold A$$ Beers" and get Conch fritters, Conch salad and GROUPER!

Room Tip: request a top floor when you make your reservation.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I feel it as if I owe it to write a review since prior to our trip I studied the reviews and forum like crazy. We were at the Coral Towers from May 31 to June 5th and had a wonderful time. My husband and I have been to Atlantis for company conventions and have stayed in the Royal Towers both times. We loved it each time we went (especially since the company paid for it all) and felt we wanted to share our experience with our two boys (ages 14 and 19). They were thrilled with the waterslides and the grounds of Atlantis. We had a waterview room (room 10-316) and it was a perfect view. The rooms are just like the Royal so we were not disappointed. The Coral is near everything you need so dont hesitate to stay there. Yes, a new coat of paint and new carpeting in the halls would make the hotel look updated, but we were not disappointed at all.

My kids give it a nine because they didnt like the cruise ships coming in and making the lines 3x long at the slides. However, we took them because of the "Currant" and they loved it. We were on it at least 4x a day. They also loved the leap of faith, the abyss, and the power tower.

They also snorkeled at the ruins in which they were a bit hesitant at first, but the guides were wonderful and funny except the water was quite cold. They also hated going to the beach because of the hagglers for the jet skies but that was to be expected.

Food was good everywhere, Johnny Rockets,Marina Pizza, Dunkin Donuts. My husband and I had a fantastic dinner at the Seafire Steakhouse. Highly reconmmend!!

The staff was very pleasant and the only issue I ever saw was the lazy lifeguards in the chairs on the Currant. They were always on their phones. However, any of the staff who worked on the slides or in the water were very nice and helpful.

If you go to Atalantis, stop at the grocery store on the way, 10.99 for a case of water. I was hesitant but the store is very nice. Got bananas, soda, chips, very reasonable. The liquor store by Dunkin Donuts had a liter of Grey Goose for $36 and a bottle of Wine for $12. Our only disappointment was Anthonys. Poor service and WAY overpriced. $25 for chicken strips and fries? Even though they are not part of Atlantis they still add the 15% tip.

My boys did go to CRUSH (family day/night) for $25.00 each one night. Now my boys love the internet and xbox games, but CRUSH only kept them occupied for about 1 1/2 hours. Otherwise they were bored. I think they would get more kids interested (and parents) if they lowered the price. Needless to say they didnt go back.

We also took the private shuttle (SUV) booked through the resort Dan Knowles. Yes we paid for it but what a pleasant experience. Highly recommend if you want to travel comfortably.

Everyone complains about the 15% gratuity, deal with it, you know its there. Everything is expensive we all know that, again deal with it. If you dont you wont enjoy.

Will we return? Doubtful...I like to visit different places on vacation and obviously an all-inclusive is much more affordable. It is a place though to put on your bucket list.

Room Tip: Waterview Coral Towers, Beds were very comfortable and big enough for 4 adults. air worked great (f...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank adtlady
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Not sure of the excellent reviews on here? I attended a wedding and it was amazing, but the resort has a lot to be desired. The rooms were just OK...for what we paid I was expecting a 5 star resort, everything was extremely overpriced, poor internet (that you have to pay for), couldn't use our "free" items for booking a package. Beach, fish, grounds are amazing.

Tips: Beaches were crowded so either get there early or late. Pools were crowded, so don't same deal as the beach. Cruise ship days....everything is overcrowded.

Murray's at the Marina was probably the best value, Mesa Grill was very good.

Atlantis is a poor version of Vegas, add water and lots of fish, not even close on room quality, and then they nickle and dime you to death. Half the trip was amazing because of the wedding, beach, and grounds...the rest, not so much.

Room Tip: If you absolutely have to stay here, make sure you pay extra to get a beach view. If not you could...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gerard R
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We just returned from a 3 night stay in the Atlantis Coral Tower, we had the best time, everyone in the hotel, the attractions, the casino and restaurants were cordial. Just to be sure we cover everything, we flew Bahamasair from FLL to NAS, on time, no lines, on either way back we had to change terminals but had plenty of time to do so. Same with Don Knowles tours, no issues. I am mentioning these as we saw mixed reviews on both. When we arrived it was around 330 so we had pizza and then shopped across the street for spirits and sodas and water. There are 3 places to shop within walking distance. We picked up a few snacks for the room. The room had 2 views, one was of the roof, but the direct view was of the harbor and boats which we liked, the room was the largest I have stayed in at Atlantis. We registered at the casino and then went swimming and exploring.The dig is still awesome! We did not have a meal plan so Saturday am we had an early lunch at the Dive shack near the Royal Towers, burgers and veggie burgers for 2 with soda was $26 and were fine, Atlantis is the best water theme park there is with all the slides and plenty of room to swim in the pools. We had dinner on Saturday night at the Bahamian Club, an upscale steakhouse in Coral Tower. Cost was $225 with a bottle of wine, and 2 steak dinners with escargot, all delicious! We went on a casino rate which was 79 per nite so we could splurge on the food. My husband spent all day Sunday on the water rides after brunch at the Marketplace which was $33 a piece and a ride on the Lazy River by Beach tower. Sunday night we ate at Johnny Rockets in the marketplace, price again about 26.00.
Hints: I would rethink transportation and get a cab on my return as we spent about 2.5 hours at the airport more than needed. To get the casino rate you must have a players club card from any number of casinos, just check online. You must present the card at the casino. The room rate is 79.00 and you do pay an average of 55 per night per room for taxes, tips and utility fee. If you play a total of 4 hours in the casino over the 4 days (1 hr per day or 4 in one day does not matter), they take off the 79 per day but you still pay the 55. We never left the property after shopping the first day and we paid an average of 300 per person for 3 nights and our food. This does not include our slot money. If you like the casino a good way to go. We saw lots of children everywhere, this is a great place for them. They have many kids activities and a pre-teen club. You feel safe everywhere. There is a lot of walking so be prepared with sneakers.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We spent 3 nights/4 days at Atlantis, just last weekend. We spend very little time in the room in general on vacation, so we opted for the Coral Towers, which are conveniently located though quite dated. We had some issues with our room; our air conditioning was a bit odd, it seemed to cool the room but make it increasingly humid!? Also the TV barely worked, and the remote would only go up through the channels no matter what button you pushed. But again, we barely were in the room so I would say if you are looking for something really nice, avoid the Coral Towers; if you don't care and just want to be conveniently located to use the resorts amenities, then go ahead and give it a try.

I had read plenty of reviews about the inconsistencies with the service, and cannot echo this sentiment enough. Our two most expensive meals (Nobu & Mesa Grill) were the only times we got what I would consider to be high quality service. Otherwise, from the dealers to the pools to the front desk, I found the attitude of the employees off-putting, disinterested and seemingly resentful? I'm not sure if they are limited with their pool of potential hires, or if management simply is not enforcing any sort of quality control mantra, but the lack of customer service is appreciable.
We walked out of Chopsticks after refusing to eat what appeared to be 2 day old chicken, and refusing to tip the mandatory 15% because after begrudgingly taking our order, the waiter never once brought us a drink and never once visited the table. Not once. The manager could have cared less. I told her we were still waiting for a drink AFTER the food had arrived, and she just walked away and leaned against a wall. It was $128.00 for 2 of us, with no drinks. That was for about $30 worth of bad chinese food. Nobody cared about our terrible experience, nobody apologized that we still had empty glasses when we were leaving, and nobody cared that we had taken one bit of the chicken. It simply was of no concern to anybody.
However, both Nobu and Mesa (much higher standards) were delicious and the staff was on point. Are they outsourced? It wouldn't surprise me.

The best encapsulating image of this lack of care/service/training was the 3 Aquaventure employees sitting on a wall laughing and joking, not doing much of anything work-wise, with a garbage can overflowed with garbage (a constant theme by the pools) that had literally spilled onto the ground just feet away.

Overall Atlantis is a remarkable place in that it's sheer size and volume of options are impressive. The slides are nice. The pools are fun, though the pool areas were quite dirty with empty cups, lots of garbage, cigarette butts....yuck. With impeccable service and better attention to detail this would be a world class place, but as it currently stands it's really just an oversized cruise ship with little authentic commitment towards the individual visitor. For that reason, while it's nice and I would maybe visit again, I won't be in any hurry to go back.

I'm sure this complaint is less echoed in the Cove, which appeared to be spectacular, but therein lies the problem. You shouldn't have to spend $1200 a night on a room and $300 on dinner to finally get good service. The overpricing is universal, so at least make people feel a little special when they commit to opening their wallets.

I will add that while the food was expensive, I didn't find it as crazy as the hype. I also found options off site (fish fry!) and on property that were generally reasonable.

My overall take is that I wanted to love Atlantis. Instead I just liked it. Maybe it got too big too fast, or maybe the management team doesn't stress the importance of servicing the customers effectively, but instead half the staff acts like you're having fun at their expense, which simply drags down the experience. The grounds are very nice, and the aquarium and common areas in the royal towers are also very nice.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sweetfan99
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Nothing but good things to say about our trip to the Atlantis Resort. Really nice accommodations and so much to do right there on site. We even had a little issue where some of our bathing suits and a couple of beach toys were blown off of our balcony and onto the roof of the restaurant below... the maintenance staff went out there and got then and they were delivered to our room. Great views from the Coral Towers. At the time of my visit it was my 8 year old daughter, 12 year old son, and my wife and I were both 36. We all really enjoyed our time in this well kept and clean hotel. I will be posting some other reviews of the attractions within the Atlantis resort as well.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Island
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
#5 of 14 in Paradise Island
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive

Been to Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!