Just came back from 8 days at the Coral Towers. First the good. The Atlantis resort is stunningly beautiful. The landscaping, pools, and water features are all beautiful. The marina, the shops, everything is well done. Staff is very friendly and accommodating! You can get to downtown Nassau with a $4.00 ferry ride or cab ride if you are sharing.
Now the bad. The Coral Towers needs to be refurbished. The hallways to the rooms look old and outdated. The air conditioning unit in our room was very loud. The sliding doors to the balcony had a make shift lock on it. Water pressure in the shower is not strong, and first couple of mornings, water never got piping hot. We found out the hair dryer in the bathroom didn't work while getting ready for a dinner reservation. With wet hair, I had to call and complain, and they sent another hair dryer in about 15 minutes which caused me to have to rush. Bottled water in the room, $7.00 a bottle. Internet WI-fi, $20.00 a day! Buffet dinner $70.00! Get the meal plan if you can. One morning at breakfast, while we were at the buffet, the waiter cleared our table and sat another guest there. We came back with our plates, and found that our table was gone. When I questioned the waiter about why he gave our table away, he said we took a long time, which was ridiculous considering the place was crowded and you had to wait for things like omelets. Our phone stopped working, on our last night. Had to stand in the hallway and use a house phone to call down to "prompt service" for over 10 minutes. They told me that no one could fix the phone that night. So on our last night, we had to pack up all of our belongings in a hurry, and move to another room.The clerk had the nerve to tell me that I could come down to the front desk and get my key. I told her, I am being forced to move, I don't want to move, send a bellman to move us. Bellman showed up 20 minutes later, without the room key. Waited another 10 or 15 minutes for him to come back with the key and move us. Not exactly how I wanted to spend my last night.
Water rides are nice, but there is only one section where you can purchase lockers to keep your belongings safe. They need to have lockers around the resort, because you may be at the Royal Towers where all the water rides are, but may want to go the Coral or Beach tower to go the beach or another pool. The Currents ride is fun, but somewhat unsafe. The rapids cause you to bounce around and can throw you into the sides which are all made of concrete, with no rubber or foam buffer of any kind. You can literally hit your head or jam a foot. The sides should be padded for guest safety.
I would go back to Atlantis again, but I would look for a sale, so I wouldn't have to pay full price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection is a centrally located hotel on Paradise Island and within the Atlantis resort. We offer contemporary, relaxed accommodations within a tropically casual atmosphere. Guestrooms have one king or two queen beds with sitting areas and full balconies with water or terrace views. Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection is just steps away from marine exhibits, a seven-acre snorkeling lagoon, BLU Pool, water slides, the Crystal Court Shops, Marina Village, the casino and several casual and gourmet dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Coral Towers Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Coral Hotel
- Atlantis Coral Resort
- Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island