“coral towers need a face lift” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection

Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Union, Kentucky
“coral towers need a face lift”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

This was our 4th trip to the Atlantis, and the first time at the coral towers. Although we love the Atlantis grounds and attractions, the hotel appeared to be in need of an update. The rooms were average size but dated. The bathroom was somewhat small, and there was a musty odor in the hallway , that reminded us of older beach hotels.
On a positive note, the staff were wonderful, and helpful, and the elevator was always there when needed. The location of the coral towers is centrally located, and has easy access to attractions, and the beach. The Marina Village, was very close, and an easy walk, to restaurants, and shops.
Overall, we had a great experience at the Atlantis, but for the price, the hotel could have been better, rather than an expensive comfort inn .

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Susan E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (768)
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

The Atlantis Paradise Island is simply a dream island!

The facilities are all over the top! Walking from attraction to attration is an attraction in itself with shark / ray / turtle / fish filled lagoons, tunnels and aquariums everywhere you look! And the actual buildings are a beauty in themselves. You will be blown away for a few days at least while taking in all the sights, sounds and activities!

There are so many things to do! We were there for a week but still felt like we could've stayed a few more days. You can spend a full day at the water park filled with heart rate raising slides and rides and many pools. For most of the rides the actual ride takes second place to its incredibly designed surroundings like slides through shark tanks or being spat out into a cave encased by aquariums.

We read other reviews of unfriendly staff but we didn't interact with one member who was unhelpful or friendly.

The price is a bit rough. To be fair, I only paid for half my stay there because I was attending a conference - but if you can afford the rooms, even if its a slight strecth, I don't think you'll be disappointed with what the island has to offer. Something worth mentioning is that I didn't notice much difference between our Royal Towers room and our Coral Towers room... in some ways the latter was actually nicer - so I would book in the Beach / Coral towers to save money.

Room Tip: Even the rooms that aren't sea facing can have incredible views of the Nassau mainland, bridges...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thebluetyphoon
Mahwah, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

My son and I took a quick trip to The Atlantis this past week and stayed for 4 nights at the Coral Towers at the Atlantis. The hotel was a very good value for the money. About 8 years ago my husband and I stayed in the Royal Towers and I was very disappointed considering how much it cost even at that time. Our room at the Coral Towers was very clean and the beds were comfortable. Unfortunately, we got stuck in a room on the first floor which was very noisy. I booked a "terrace view" room using another website and originally requested a king size bed, however my plans changed and I changed the room to 2 queen beds. Upon check-in they still had me down for a king bed. I was told this was the only terrace view room with 2 beds so I took it. It was on the ground floor and the sliding door didn't lock properly but it did have a safety latch so I didn't bother complaining. We really did not spend much time in the room except to sleep, shower and dress. As far as pros and cons of the Coral Towers here we go:

Pros:
Good price compared to Royal Towers-Reef-Cove, clean rooms, very convenient to Marina Village where there are a lot of dining options (Carmine's, pizza, deli, Johnny Rockets, Ben and Jerry's etc..), Virgil's Restaurant right in the lobby.

Cons:
A little bit of a walk to get to the water slides and fitness center, decor is a little dated but not horrible, no quick breakfast inside hotel-(Starbucks is in lower lobby but the line was out the door when I went so I turned around), they should have an area where you can grab coffee and quick bagel instead of having to order room service or have to go to Murray's deli which we did.

Overall, the Coral Towers was a good value considering you are at the Atlantis. It is centrally located and not as far as the Beach Tower to get to the water slide area. I have the usual complaints about the resort - food way too expensive, the grounds could definitely be cleaner. I understand there are a lot of kids but they really need to clean the grounds better, certain areas near slides smelled like urine (gross!) and the patio areas and walkways need a good power washing! My son (he is 12 1/2 years old) had a great time and was able to go around on the slides without me following him. I would go back to the Atlantis but I would pre order some groceries which would save on breakfast/snacks (another family from my hometown was there at the same time and did this-they saved a lot of money)

It was a great little trip for my son who has been dying to go there. I was looking for a quick trip for his spring break and it was the perfect place to go.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank momof3boyscdj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

They dont call it Paradise Island for no reason, Atlantis grounds are beautiful and the water park is amazing. The rooms are standard it was two adults on this trip we had a comfy king size bed and it was a flat screen in the room. We did not do the all inclusive because we would take a cab into the area known as fish fry and eat at Twin Brothers best food on the island. some might consider Atlantis pricey but i like the location and the whole experience Atlantis had to offer. overall great stay! Do all the water slides!

• Stayed May 2012
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed at the Atlantis about 7 years ago and just spent 5 days at the Coral Towers. It seems as if the resort grounds has deteroriated from my last visit; the hotel paint wasn't as vibrant, bird secretion was evident, the Poseidon pool was under repair and a unfavorable scent of algae in the water area. I was also disappointed that while laying at the BLU pool, hoardes of people from the cruise ships would walk through the area. The resort has become too commercialized. The Coral Tower is dated and the windows in the Library at the Reef Library need to be replaced. I also stayed at the resort during a major convention, which resulted in two of the resort restaurants being closed. Even with all of my negative comments, the staff is awesome!! They go out of their way to ensure that you are comfortable and have everything you need. While the room was outdated, it was clean and Estella was an awesome housekeeper. Each day, Estella would shape a towel into a different animal. My 11 year old daughter loved that! Do not buy the meal value plan. Head to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast and eat at the different restaurants at the Marina Village. The beach is ok, but not very large. We couldnt go into the water due to the strong rip tides. After this trip, I am heading back to Aruba.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

I recently came back from the Atlantis where I sustained an Open fracture of my foot going down the Drop water slide. Nothing out of the ordinary occurred except my foot slamming into the overhead covering. I would not recommend going down this slide. I probably would have died if I would have hit my head. The first aid was fair, and the nursing staff poor. They took me to the front of the hotel in my wet bathing suit and bare feet and told me to pay for a taxi to the hospital. I have had one surgery and will most likely require 2 more. The hotel was aware of the severity of my injury, and has not followed up to see how I am doing. Definly not worth it!!

Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Robin M
Vail, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed in the Coral Towers at the Atlantis for a reasonable price. The Coral Towers is centrally located to all of the fun, but because it is a bit older than the newer towers, our group of 12 women were able to get a nice rate, clean rooms with views to die for and we totally enjoyed the Atlantis Resort! This resort is so much for young and old, business or non-business. I will be back one day with my family to enjoy! Loved it!!! The staff was friendly from the wave pool to the casino to the beach, etc. Atlantis does not miss a beat on customer service. So great!

It is expensive to dine and do excursions on an island, but if I were to go back, it is Atlantis all the way! A truly stunning experience!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the stingrays fro your window. . You will also get the beach!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
#4 of 14 in Paradise Island
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,477 reviews
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
3.5 of 5 bubbles 3,657 reviews
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive

Been to Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!