The Coral at Atlantis, Autograph Collection
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Comfort Suites Paradise Island(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$260
$198
Sunrise Beach Clubs and Villas(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$221
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Bay View Suites Paradise Island(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$140
The Royal at Atlantis, Autograph Collection(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$1,199
  • Beachfront
Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas - All Inclusive(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$381
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
2,697 results
All reviewscoral towersmeal planwater parkbeach towerlazy riverroyal towersmarina villageblu pooldunkin donutswater viewnurse sharksdining planbimini roaddolphin cayper personfish fryliquor store
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have yet to stay at The Atlantis resort for my very first time. I have made a reservation for Labor Day to see Michael Buble with a large group of Family. The system had a glitch and both Sonia in reservations and George in Guest Services have really made my experience great. They were extremely kind and attentive and I cannot wait to stay!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Well, what can you say about the Atlantis. Its enormous, its expensive, its great for kids with all the water amusements...and its enormous.

We stayed over a long weekend at the Coral in a two room suite with ocean views. We got great VIP treatment at check in. The Coral is in need of an upgrade, so if you are just looking for a place to sleep the Coral is satisfactory. If you plan on spending more time in the rooms definitely look at the Reef or the Cove.

However, one evening we came across cockroaches in our room. We were on a very high floor so I have no idea how this happened. We were very unhappy with their approach to this problem and will never go back. If you have a problem there, be sure to go over the hotel manager's head (Theresa Fritz) as she was quite rude to us.

Atlantis - if you are trying to go for repeat visitors, you just lost one.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank gjv12474
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We went here for a Birthday Celebration with our 2 children. They are 18 and 13. The entire experience from check in to leaving was very awful. No one greets you by your last name, in fact I don't think we were greeted at all. No one took our bags from us, we took them to our room. No one even offered. We were given our room keys and certainly felt no excitement. While we dragged our bags to the elevator and got to our floor which was 2 or 3, the minute the elevator opened I knew this was sub-par for the Atlantis chain. The hotel was filthy, the hallway was dirty, smelled, chipped paint on the walls, and resembled that of a MOTEL. Maybe a Red roof. The room decor was fine but the room was dusty and dirty. During our stay the surge protector blew in our room from the hairdryer, do NOT use your own, and we had no power for over an hour. It was warm in the room and we could not get ready for our dinner out. So we went out with wet hair, as it took to long for someone to come and help. Engineering had to come so they said. The worst of all was my son was sitting at the little table area in the corner of the room and said mom there are tiny BUGS crawling all over the table. I didn't believe him and took a close look and sure enough there were tiny mites of some sort crawling all over. Upon further inspection they were everywhere on the nightstand, the dresser. It was simply disgusting. Thankfully this was a short stay. The worst of the matter was we were there as someone else's guests for a weekend of fun and surely could not complain. That would of been embarrassing and rude. Our shower also dripped and the toilet over flowed. I called they came and fixed it, but the shower still leaked constantly. This is also very far from the pools, casino and most restaurants so do yourself a favor and stay in the Royal Tower or someplace else, definitely don't stay here. Also the room had a balcony which would of been nice to sit on and enjoy a cup of coffee, that was not possible due to the fact that you were attacked by birds landing on you. I would never go back to Atlantis due to this overall experience. This resort is completely overrated, too big and not worth the money you will drop here.

Room Tip: Do not stay in this section.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank justmealicia
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The coral towers are centrally located near the restaurants, casino, cinema and shops so that is fab. However, it is clear the rooms need renovations in the bathroom particularly esp if you are charging those rates I see online! The Internet service sucked! And in my room only worked at certain hours, I had to go in the lobby area to get any kind of speed. I complained about 3 times about the Internet - but they didn't seem to care and the cost still appeared on my bill! I thought customer service was really good otherwise, no issue here at all. Always wonder how others complain about customer service at this property since I have only ever encountered one person who I thought was rude. Unless you are a Spring Breaker avoid the month of March at this place! Overrunned by over zealous college students, who are loud and obnoxious plus rates are extremely high at this time.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank joparke
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The grounds and water features are king here! As you walk through the property, every pool is home to a different species from nurse sharks, to gliding schools of graceful string rays, to the feeding frenzy in the walk through aquariums. We stayed in the Coral Towers, a good central location. Our favourite pool area was quite, and laid back Baths, in front of the iconic Royal Tower, the poster child of Atlantis! It was quite windy while we were there 2nd week in February, and the red flag was up most days at the Beach in front of Coral Towers. A better bet is the calmer Cove beach, a 5-10 minute walk (depending where you start from, hotel or the beach). Two natural coral arms protect a large beach with many lounges with sun covers. The staff are very helpful and will position a lounger where ever you like.
Restaurants very expensive, especially with drinks. Dinner at Virgil's BBQ and with a drink, for 2 = $140. It is "family style; meaning platters. The least we could order was a meat dish (BBQ Ribs was our choice) and a grilled veggie dish to share. Could only each 1/2 of the ribs, which were incredible, by the way.
Less expensive dinner options - definitely try the colorful "fish fry" area in Nassau, had lobster and drink for $28 pp. We went into Nassau in afternoon to shop, and concierge was loading up a shuttle to downtown for $4 pp. Then we took a cab from downtown to Fish Fry area for $10, and cab back to Atlantis for $16 (incl $1 for toll bridge). Well worth the fun. Several good options for lunch in Nassau, we ate at an authentic greek place down one of the alley's from the cruise ship wharf. Straw market is mostly junk, but do go and find the vendors who are in rooms by the stair. I found some beautiful tiles painted with bright local scenes. The young wormen who was the artist, was very enchanting. Also a fellow who carved beautiful sail boats. Local sea salt can also be found here.
Best and cheapest breakfast option was Starbucks with breakfast sandwich selection. There is one in basement of Coral Towers, with trending couches for lounging, or choose to go out the front door of the Coral Tower, down the walk way about 50' and down the stairs to the marina area to Starbuck's with out side seating, under the umbrella's and watch the million dollar yatch's pull in. Several good places to each in this bahamian village style shopping area. We like Bimini, fish served bahamian style, plus continental. We found Atlantis to be very "americanized" with pizza, hamburger joints. Not the best diet, but if you are attracting families, then it makes sense to have lots a places for french fries!
Word of caution, leave your luggage at the front desk and check out your room first. Our first assignment was on 5th floor in main building (even #) facing the lagoon (nice view), but over the bar area and air conditioner, very noisy. We were changed to a room on the 9th floor (odd #), in the second building between the 3 story one by beach and main building. It was nice and quite, looked out towards the ocean and down on the palm trees surrounding the lazy river ride. We left the patio door open all night, and let the tropical breeze cool us.
Do catch one of the feeding frenzies. We were walking back from The Baths poll and entered the cave like area under the Royal tower. You can walk along and see all the fish swimming, but when they throw the feed in, every different species circle forming a swarm of movement, and the big rays appear out of no where!
Do go into Nassau to shop, you will find some deals, at resort is too overpriced. Pass on Antoine's restaurant just across the street from Coral towers; Do go to the convenience store at this same mall and buy water and snacks. Cheapest beer is from the fridge in your room at $6.50. Large bottle of water in room if used is $7.00, at this store, under $4.00. I took crystal lite.
Loved the aquariums, the fish, swimming in the ocean, feeling the little fish tickle my legs as I stood in the shallow calm water of the Cove beach and people watching, especially after dinner walking the Marina area. Enjoy!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends