The grounds and water features are king here! As you walk through the property, every pool is home to a different species from nurse sharks, to gliding schools of graceful string rays, to the feeding frenzy in the walk through aquariums. We stayed in the Coral Towers, a good central location. Our favourite pool area was quite, and laid back Baths, in front of the iconic Royal Tower, the poster child of Atlantis! It was quite windy while we were there 2nd week in February, and the red flag was up most days at the Beach in front of Coral Towers. A better bet is the calmer Cove beach, a 5-10 minute walk (depending where you start from, hotel or the beach). Two natural coral arms protect a large beach with many lounges with sun covers. The staff are very helpful and will position a lounger where ever you like.
Restaurants very expensive, especially with drinks. Dinner at Virgil's BBQ and with a drink, for 2 = $140. It is "family style; meaning platters. The least we could order was a meat dish (BBQ Ribs was our choice) and a grilled veggie dish to share. Could only each 1/2 of the ribs, which were incredible, by the way.
Less expensive dinner options - definitely try the colorful "fish fry" area in Nassau, had lobster and drink for $28 pp. We went into Nassau in afternoon to shop, and concierge was loading up a shuttle to downtown for $4 pp. Then we took a cab from downtown to Fish Fry area for $10, and cab back to Atlantis for $16 (incl $1 for toll bridge). Well worth the fun. Several good options for lunch in Nassau, we ate at an authentic greek place down one of the alley's from the cruise ship wharf. Straw market is mostly junk, but do go and find the vendors who are in rooms by the stair. I found some beautiful tiles painted with bright local scenes. The young wormen who was the artist, was very enchanting. Also a fellow who carved beautiful sail boats. Local sea salt can also be found here.
Best and cheapest breakfast option was Starbucks with breakfast sandwich selection. There is one in basement of Coral Towers, with trending couches for lounging, or choose to go out the front door of the Coral Tower, down the walk way about 50' and down the stairs to the marina area to Starbuck's with out side seating, under the umbrella's and watch the million dollar yatch's pull in. Several good places to each in this bahamian village style shopping area. We like Bimini, fish served bahamian style, plus continental. We found Atlantis to be very "americanized" with pizza, hamburger joints. Not the best diet, but if you are attracting families, then it makes sense to have lots a places for french fries!
Word of caution, leave your luggage at the front desk and check out your room first. Our first assignment was on 5th floor in main building (even #) facing the lagoon (nice view), but over the bar area and air conditioner, very noisy. We were changed to a room on the 9th floor (odd #), in the second building between the 3 story one by beach and main building. It was nice and quite, looked out towards the ocean and down on the palm trees surrounding the lazy river ride. We left the patio door open all night, and let the tropical breeze cool us.
Do catch one of the feeding frenzies. We were walking back from The Baths poll and entered the cave like area under the Royal tower. You can walk along and see all the fish swimming, but when they throw the feed in, every different species circle forming a swarm of movement, and the big rays appear out of no where!
Do go into Nassau to shop, you will find some deals, at resort is too overpriced. Pass on Antoine's restaurant just across the street from Coral towers; Do go to the convenience store at this same mall and buy water and snacks. Cheapest beer is from the fridge in your room at $6.50. Large bottle of water in room if used is $7.00, at this store, under $4.00. I took crystal lite.
Loved the aquariums, the fish, swimming in the ocean, feeling the little fish tickle my legs as I stood in the shallow calm water of the Cove beach and people watching, especially after dinner walking the Marina area. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection is a centrally located hotel on Paradise Island and within the Atlantis resort. We offer contemporary, relaxed accommodations within a tropically casual atmosphere. Guestrooms have one king or two queen beds with sitting areas and full balconies with water or terrace views. Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection is just steps away from marine exhibits, a seven-acre snorkeling lagoon, BLU Pool, water slides, the Crystal Court Shops, Marina Village, the casino and several casual and gourmet dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Coral Towers Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Coral Hotel
- Atlantis Coral Resort
- Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island