We went to Atlantis just before Christmas. The hotel rooms were very nice and quite large for a resort such as Atlantis. The staff were very friendly and helpful except for one area which I'll get to soon. The lobby could be a bit bigger as there were too many people and it was considered pre-rush for Christmas.
Atlantis itself as a waterpark was great the first 2 days. But then on December 24th they let in a whole bunch of cruise ships besides the resort getting busy so that by 10 am the wait was an hour on any ride. Perhaps they should not allow cruises at high traffic times.
Service; everyone was great except the bell captain area. I did not get my bag from air bahamas (PS don't check bags at Air Bahamas during busy time, as they allow people to bring up to 5 bags, so the residents do all their Christmas shopping in Florida bumping a whole bunch of other clients) for 12 hours and I asked for help. They kept on saying they would help. Finally they told me by midnight it would be delivered. The next morning my bag had stil not arrived and the lady (bell captain)kept shaking her head like I would get it eventually. Finally around noon I found out that air bahamas couldn't find my bag. It was right about that time that I met Felicia at guest services at the main water park. She told me she would see what she could do. Low and behold 20 minutes later they found my bag at another Atlantis Hotel. I can't believe that the bell captain at the hotel couldn't figure that out herself.
I also want to mention thank you to Rawver for helping us out.
Finally, billing. Its a good thing I read someone else's review. You have to keep on checking your bill everyday, cause they keep on getting charges wrong. We were on meal plans, which I highly recommend. Even when we got home I was overcharged. I called once but they sent me to another department that was closed. I will eventually handle it, but a resort this size should know better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Coral Towers at Atlantis are centrally located and offer contemporary, relaxed accommodations within a tropically casual atmosphere. Guestrooms have one king or two queen beds with sitting areas and full balconies with water or terrace views. Coral Towers is just steps away from marine exhibits, a seven-acre snorkeling lagoon, BLU Pool, water slides, the Crystal Court Shops, Marina Village, the casino and several casual and gourmet dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Coral Towers Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Coral Hotel
- Atlantis Coral Resort
- Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island