One thing I'd like to quickly tell people is that getting the one bedroom suite in the Coral Towers is absolutely NOT worth it. The extra space was nice but you're paying a LOT more for simply having 2 regular rooms and an open door in between them. You'd expect some kind of luxury for the price but you receive nothing. Besides that first comment...
The trip itself was great! I traveled with my wife and 6 months old son and friends of ours who also had a young child. The rooms themselves were clean and nice. The service was fantastic at this place, everyone was always very friendly and greeted you with a smile. Anytime there was a problem they went out of their way to fix it for you. We had our tv down for a couple of days and they credited us some money for it. There also were a couple of days without hot water for our showers, that was not so fun. This was their slow season when we went down so a couple of things were bound to not be working. I recommend going down in early December, the place is half empty, no lines for anything but some restaurants. There was a lack of snack areas during the day that are open since it's slow season.
The restaurants are good food but also very expensive. They are not 5 star gourmet restaurants but you will pay those prices, you have to expect to overpay when you're at a resort. The service was fantastic at the very nice restaurants, very accommodating for our little ones. The resort could use a decent sit down breakfast restaurant, Murray's Deli is all they have, we went to Dunkin Donuts too much for breakfast. Don't get the more expensive meal plan, you'll never make it worth it.
The whole resort was a lot of fun and very relaxing. We spent most of our days down by the pool which was not crowded at all, kids had a blast splashing away. We went to the water park which was a lot of fun, great water park for adults and for kids of any age. Looking at all the fish and different species they had at the resort was fun and interesting, the aquarium was great to walk around.
I would definitely recommend this resort for any families looking to get away for a fun and relaxing time. When getting a regular room the price is well worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are proud to unveil The New Coral, dedicated to multigenerational family fun. From the unconventional flavors of the Bahamas at Sun & Ice in the lobby lounge, to completely renovated rooms and the sparkling private poolscape with cabanas, swim-up bar to grab ice pops and signature drinks – the NEW centerpiece of Atlantis sits beside the white sand beaches of Paradise Island. The Coral has the closest proximity to Marina Village – filled with new Bahamian dining and cultural features, with options for everyone in the family. Unplug. Connect. Rediscover The Coral at Atlantis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Coral at Atlantis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Coral Towers Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Coral Hotel
- Atlantis Coral Resort
- The Coral At Atlantis Bahamas/Paradise Island