“Another great vacation at Atlantis!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection

Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Seagoville, Texas
“Another great vacation at Atlantis!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stayed during Thanksgiving week 2012. We weren't there for Battle 4 Atlantis, but that basketball tournament simply added to the fun. This was my fourth visit and my husband & daughter's third visits. We stayed in Coral Towers again, as we like being near the casino and Marina Village. Yes, it was an expensive trip, but yes, it was totally worth it. Although the wind kept shifting from North to South and was occasionally chilly, we were still able to enjoy Aquaventure. I'd just like to say that I've seen posts from travelers complaining of rude staff and poor service, but I can honestly say that in my four visits I have never, ever, even once encountered an unfriendly or rude employee at Atlantis. David, one of the bartenders at the Lagoon Bar, was wonderfully entertaining and makes a mean mango margarita. He has been working there for 20+ years. If tequila isn't one of your favorites, try David's mango daiquiri. You'll be glad you did. I was very sad to leave, and can't wait till my next trip to Atlantis!

• 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (752)
  • Turkish first
Wichita, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I have wanted to stay at Atlantis for as long as I can remember & finally got the chance in July. Overall the grounds were beautiful & we had a good time. There was plenty of activities to do during the day but we were surprised by the lack of night life during the week. Besides the comedy club, there wasn't much to do except go to the casino. The pools all close by 7 pm. There were no outside beach bars or beach parties in the evening. Finally on Thur & Fri night, there were lounge acts which were entertaining. Not sure why they werent playing all week. We were not impressed with the Aura night club which had been hyped all week. It was tiny, no place to sit unless you reserved a private VIP area, the dance area was small and there was only 1 bar so it was difficult to get a drink & you couldn't bring drinks up from the casino. It struck us as funny that there was more evening entertainment options geared toward teens than adults. We concluded that Atlantis is really more of a family resort.

We stayed in Coral reefs which was clean but nothing too spectacular. Our balcony overlooked the small shark lagoon which was pretty cool. We did the meal plan but aren't sure if it is worth it. We ate at the buffets for breakfast and the other restaraunts at night. Portions were so huge it would have been possible to split 1 meal at several places. Food was okay but nothing special overall. We had gone on a cruise (Oasis of the Seas) the year before so we did find ourselves comparing our experience to that.

All in all, we enjoyed the Bahamas but plan to try out somewhere else our next stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have to say we read many Tripadvisor reviews and were concerned about our stay at the Coral Tower. I did alot of review reading and put together a list of all the tips those who stayed there gave: stay in the Ocean View tower (a little more but worth it), floor 10 or above, even # rooms (facing Royal Towers the view is gorgeous) , newly renovated. At check in I rattled all this off, I was told I really did my homework. Our room was perfect, clean, couldn't ask for better. Our experience was too notch. Dining Plan is costly but eat at the fine restaurants and it's worth every penny! Cannot wait to for back and staying in the Coral Towers. Hope this helps. Enjoy!

• Stayed November 2012
5 Thank afmm224
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My friend and I stayed at the Atlantis in Nassau for 5 nights last week. The Atlantis is definitely one of the best places I've ever stayed. We had reserved a waterview room at the Beach Tower but was upgraded to the Coral Towers when we arrived. The room was very basic and clean but the view was gorgeous! Every morning we enjoyed coffee on our balcony overlooking the property, pools and the bluest ocean. We found the staff and all the people in the Bahamas to be extremely friendly and helpful. The restaurants are expensive, as you would expect in any resort so we brought snacks and purchased bottled water away from resort to save a few dollars. We ate at Mesa Grill one evening and loved it. The Atlantis Bar and Grill was another, less expensive, good choice. The room charges are a little ridiculous, daily charges for utility service fee ($27.90) and daily Gratuity fee ($10) added to the bill is my only complaint. Overall I'm very happy with the Atlantis and Nassau and can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Get the water view with balcony - it's worth it!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Our family of four (2 adults, 2 school aged children) just spent 5 days at Atlantis. We chose Atlantis because of its excellent reputation, and the Coral Towers because we wanted something nice. Overall, we were disappointed. The Coral Towers is an aging hotel in need of a facelift. The carpets were stained, the beds hard and uncomfortable - not what we were hoping for (we thought Atlantis was a five star resort - we were wrong). Even more disappointing was the lack of service. The staff have clearly been instructed that the most important thing is to squeeze every dollar out of their guests (e.g. refusing to give my nine year old three gummy bears on his ice cream without the $1.50 he did not have on him for the second topping). The best part of the holiday was the fun our children had on the attractions, especially the water slides in Aquaventure. We were lucky to go in November, when the resort was at 10% capacity (we were told as many as 30,000 people could visit Atlantis on its busiest days, due to guests from visiting cruise ships).

Room Tip: It is nice to look out from the water view side, but the room itself (Coral tower) was old and in ne...
1 Thank Frequentflier22
Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We recently returned from our vacation at the Atlantis. We had a wonderful time. My family of rented 6 rented connecting rooms in the Coral Towers at the Atlantis. I was a little worried about the space but it truly wasn't too bad. For the money it was worth it:) Our children range in age from 13 to 1. There is nothing fancy about the rooms at the Coral Towers--they are regular hotel rooms. They could stand to be updated a little, but they were clean and served us well. You are hardly in the room because there is just so much to do on the property. The resort is simply beautiful. This was our second trip to Atlantis and my husband and I both agreed that they have made a lot of improvements. Aqua-adventure is a ton of fun and that is where we spent the bulk of our day. The kids loved the slides and the water adventures. We also did the Dolphin Quest. THat was fun but not sure if I'd do it again. We purchased the Atlantis Dining Package. This was great--it cost us 125.00 a day per adult and the special that they had running when we went was that kids ate free with every adult purchase:) So for 375.00 a day we ate breakfast and dinner. It was a good deal--MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS AHEAD of TIME!!! We were very happy to have reservations every night. Nothing worse than having 4 hungry kids and having to wait hours to eat:) We are already planning our return trip to paradise--happy travels!

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the coral towers 1st time in the Bahamas. We had the best time room was clean, balacony overlooked the lagoon. The food was alillte pricey but worth every cent. We ordered room service for breakfast the food was okay could have been better the price. The kitchen manager was some what rude when I needed to make adjustments on my order. Besides that we were very pleased with the resort. We can not wait to return 5 day's and still plenty more to see .

Room Tip: Its worth the extra money to stay in a room facing the lagoon
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple