I have wanted to stay at Atlantis for as long as I can remember & finally got the chance in July. Overall the grounds were beautiful & we had a good time. There was plenty of activities to do during the day but we were surprised by the lack of night life during the week. Besides the comedy club, there wasn't much to do except go to the casino. The pools all close by 7 pm. There were no outside beach bars or beach parties in the evening. Finally on Thur & Fri night, there were lounge acts which were entertaining. Not sure why they werent playing all week. We were not impressed with the Aura night club which had been hyped all week. It was tiny, no place to sit unless you reserved a private VIP area, the dance area was small and there was only 1 bar so it was difficult to get a drink & you couldn't bring drinks up from the casino. It struck us as funny that there was more evening entertainment options geared toward teens than adults. We concluded that Atlantis is really more of a family resort.
We stayed in Coral reefs which was clean but nothing too spectacular. Our balcony overlooked the small shark lagoon which was pretty cool. We did the meal plan but aren't sure if it is worth it. We ate at the buffets for breakfast and the other restaraunts at night. Portions were so huge it would have been possible to split 1 meal at several places. Food was okay but nothing special overall. We had gone on a cruise (Oasis of the Seas) the year before so we did find ourselves comparing our experience to that.
All in all, we enjoyed the Bahamas but plan to try out somewhere else our next stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are proud to unveil The New Coral, dedicated to multigenerational family fun. From the unconventional flavors of the Bahamas at Sun & Ice in the lobby lounge, to completely renovated rooms and the sparkling private poolscape with cabanas, swim-up bar to grab ice pops and signature drinks – the NEW centerpiece of Atlantis sits beside the white sand beaches of Paradise Island. The Coral has the closest proximity to Marina Village – filled with new Bahamian dining and cultural features, with options for everyone in the family. Unplug. Connect. Rediscover The Coral at Atlantis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Coral Towers Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Coral Hotel
- Atlantis Coral Resort
- Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island