My husband and I, along with 12 other friends stayed at the Atlantis Coral Towers. Let me began by saying that all of us plan on NEVER returning here again. We are all in our mid-twenties, easy-going and dont like to complain. The Coral towers is an old, smelly hotel, one of the worst I have ever stayed at-I would even go as far as to compare it to a Motel 6, definitely not worth the money charged for it. To make matters worse, all hotel staff we encountered (except for the manager, when we complained) are rude, snobby, and condescending.
It began with us being put in an old room the 6th floor, as soon as you step off the elevator, it stinks like mold and cigarrete smoke. Very old looking room, chipping paint, rusty vents, view was of the roof. We went down and complained. The lady then decided to put us in a room on the fourth floor, we slipped her a twenty dollar bill, and asked if there was any other rooms available. She took the money (WHAT?), and then decided that a room on the 11th floor was available. The eleventh floor smelled ok, and we had a nice view of the beach and Atlantis grounds. Once I took of my shoes I felt that the carpet was soaking wet, from the sliding door all the way through halfway in the room. And the wind was whistling through the door to the point that my ears were ringing. Did no one notice this when the room was prepared? we called and complained, and were moved to a room across the hall. Thankfully this room was dry, and no whistling wind. From there, all of us met up for lunch at Murrays Deli (NEVER go here). Our waitress gave us attitude and glares the whole time (when she brought the food, I didnt hear her announce my salad, when I heard her, she plopped the plate in front of me and said with an attitude:, "well, ive been calling it out, and you didnt say anything" .) My husband and I shared a house salad (wilted lettuce with old-looking freezer burned cucumbers) and a club sandwich (Burned toast, and super dry sandwich). This cost us about $45 plus a 15% gratuity which is added anywhere you go in return for the poor service you receive.
The beach was closed because we came right after hurricane Sandy came through and there was sand and debris littered everywhere on the grounds and beach, (Fine, its not their fault). Staff seemed to work at a glacial pace to clean in the rest of the week though.
From there onwards for the rest of our trip, we overpayed for bad food ($50 for breakfast, $100 or more for dinner), got glared at by staff, and were overall treated not like guests staying at a "luxury resort", but perhaps at a Motel 6. I've received better service at a Sharis or Dennys back home. When walking down one of the narrow paths to the pools towards some Atlantis staff members, we didnt hear a hello or receive a smile, instead were almost plowed down, and expected to move out of their path.
On to the positive, thankfully: The grounds are beautiful-the pools, the amazing aquarium, the fun water slides and rapids river. Casino is ok, Royal towers are fancy, Spa is fine.
Overall, very dissapointed with the trip and mostly the service at Atlantis. I would have been ok with the hotel and prices if the service was better. Again, in my book, it is unecceptable to pay so much money to stay at a "luxury resort" and receive such terrible service. Never Again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection is a centrally located hotel on Paradise Island and within the Atlantis resort. We offer contemporary, relaxed accommodations within a tropically casual atmosphere. Guestrooms have one king or two queen beds with sitting areas and full balconies with water or terrace views. Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection is just steps away from marine exhibits, a seven-acre snorkeling lagoon, BLU Pool, water slides, the Crystal Court Shops, Marina Village, the casino and several casual and gourmet dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Coral Towers Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Coral Hotel
- Atlantis Coral Resort
- Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island