First note: I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS RESORT OR GO BACK
My husband and I spent 8 days at Atlantis and I am going to write a very honest review here.
Let me begin with giving you a more general overview of the Resort as to the way its built. Atlantis has 5 Towers - Beach, Coral, Royal and Cove and Reef. The Beach and Coral Towers are ONLY in my opinion 3 star hotels. The rooms are mediocre (older and somewhat run down furniture, building and bathroom) and the overall atmosphere is not luxury. I would say the Beach is a low-standard Best Western/Holiday Inn and the Coral is a more upgraded Best Western at best. NO Minibar in both rooms.
We first stayed at the Beach Tower but due to a dirty bathroom (black hairs in the tub and in every corner of the bathroom - some might have been pubic hair) and general dislike of the room, we got "upgraded" to a room at the Coral Tower with ocean view. It was better but in no way luxury.
I traveled to Atlantis with the expectation of it being a luxury, outstanding and world class resort. I can tell you - It is not!
The food is low quality (over cooked and cheaply made) at most places but very pricey. I would say it's about $100 (or more) per dinner for 2 people with only 1 glass of wine each. Lunch by the pools is simple (hamburgers etc.) and will cost you about $20-30 for 2 people.
To summarize it, here are my recommendations:
- Only stay at the Royal, Cove or Reef (I didn't see the rooms but seeing the lobbies and experiencing the atmosphere, it's a luxury standard)
- The ONLY yummy and reasonable priced food/drinks are at the bohemian restaurant in the "village" of the resort, called the Marina
- If you DON'T have kids, this is not the place for you. It's NOT a couples resort.
- If you DO have kids, 4 days are enough (Slides, aquariums and other activities can be done in that amount of time)
- It's ok for a bigger "party group"
- The staff was nice and very helpful to accommodate our needs (That's why I gave it 3 stars and not 2)
- Be ready to pay more for what it's worth (Food, Drinks, Casino, Activities)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection is a centrally located hotel on Paradise Island and within the Atlantis resort. We offer contemporary, relaxed accommodations within a tropically casual atmosphere. Guestrooms have one king or two queen beds with sitting areas and full balconies with water or terrace views. Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection is just steps away from marine exhibits, a seven-acre snorkeling lagoon, BLU Pool, water slides, the Crystal Court Shops, Marina Village, the casino and several casual and gourmet dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Coral Towers Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Coral Hotel
- Atlantis Coral Resort
- Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island