3,426 results
All reviews cain pool adult pool club level mesa grill water park sapphire suite royal towers walk in closet turn down service sip sip huge bathroom sea glass cafe martinique lazy river family pool private pool mosaic buffet
Selected filters
Reviewed June 6, 2018

I am writing to thank Francina Brice at the external Bellman Desk at The Cove for quickly solving the problem of transporting my elderly mother (age 80) up from the Dolphin area to the front of the hotel back on the evening of May 3rd. She did this by quickly arranging a golf cart to bring her up the hill. When I asked her how I could commend her, she said to write a note here and that her management will see it. Thank you, Francina!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank GregT7777
Reviewed June 5, 2018

We just returned from a a 6 night vacation at The Cove and couldn't be happier with the experience. The resort is beautiful......our room delightful with a great view of the boats ,cruise ships moving in and out. This vacation was so relaxing and fun for us. Decided to use Marriott points and they happily accommodated us with a ocean front suite. The adult pool was beautiful and soon became a daily spot to enjoy snacks and drinks. Jai was one of the DJ's playing and he was terrific. Wide range of music and kept the guests happy. Enjoyed SIP SIP for lunches, FISH (Jose Andreas restaurant) , and Mosaic for daily breakfasts and two dinners. Mosaic was wonderful....beautifully presented buffet of fresh choices, displayed perfectly. But we can't thank the wonderful staff who work so hard to make your experience enjoyable. The beautiful ladies who greeted us each morning were delightful and helped us enjoy our vacation along with the evening desk ladies, chefs. busboys and our new friends the wait staff. Kudos to the management team who trains these lovely people.
The resort has so many places to sit and enjoy the beautiful landscaping, have a SB's which was on the beach level...very convenient. A nice bus runs in between the different Atlantis resorts which is free and driven by more friendly people. Terrific Concierge office who helped us several times. Nice touch having those great guys who open the doors to the front desk area with a smile, welcome and just a nice touch COVE. We wanted for nothing and in summary as frequent travelers, great experience!

Room tip: worth a water view...rooms were quiet and clean.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Downtheshore
Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the COVE PARADISE in November 2017 for a business trip. The room was great, the view was amazing and the grounds (pools, beaches and the rest of the place) was spectacular. You could get lost in the casino and there was no lack of high end stores for shopping. Would love to go there again and would recommend to friends and family.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Ray3296
Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

Let me start with I've traveled to 50+ countries and I'm Platinum with Marriott/Starwood.

I also read the negative reviews from other visitors and thought "How bad could it be?". I was wrong it is much worse than you can imagine.

Highlights :
*No Platinum loyalty recognition at all.
*Staff wishes you didn't exist.
*Everything is super overpriced and not worth it. Including $55 taxi ride from airport in crappy vehicle.
*Rooms are not well maintained and seem to run out of hot water at night.
*Staff consistently ignores the Do Not Disturb sign.
*This is a first for me : They charge a $6/day per person maid fee. Even if you don't ask for anything or want your room cleaned. This is on top of the $50/day resort fee.

I'll start with the pros :
Atlantis is a really impressive setup with a lot of outdoor activities. So whomever planned it, did a great job.

Well that's it for the Pros.

Cons:
Let me start with this hotel has the worst staff of any resort I've ever been to. I would say a motel 6 in the middle of nowhere has better service.

*When you walk up to a staff member they don't acknowledge you. They look away until you say something. If you don't say something loud enough they will pretend to not hear you - hoping you go away. Then when they respond they act like you are bothering them. I'm not exaggerating.

Here are some of the things I experienced :

Marriott Platinum Recognition :
Totally non existent.
I asked for an upgrade and was told they don't do any upgrades. But they already upgraded me from the 3rd floor to the 5th floor. Thanks.
I asked if I received a complimentary breakfast or anything. I was told you get a welcome amenity: Water, soda, 1/4 bottle of wine (I didn't realize that was a thing) or a beer. Plus cookies or crackers. Wow!

Day #1
10 am - Arrived at the property.
I put in a request for an early arrival. That was promptly ignored. So when I arrived at 10 am - they told me it would be 4 pm before I could check in. I told them that was unacceptable and that I'm Platinum with Marriott and hoped that out of 600+ rooms they could find one earlier. So then he assigned me a room on the 5th floor - upgraded from my room on the 3rd floor. I asked him to please call housekeeping and ask them to try to clean my room asap. He called and they basically told him No. He said check back in an hour. Additionally, I'm also told because I booked 2 nights separately I need to come down tomorrow with my ID, credit card, and get a new key (for the same exact room) - ridiculous.

10:15 am
We go to the Transit Lounge to store our things. They have the most complicated system ever - this takes 20 minutes to store our bags.

11 am
I'm told room is not quite ready, but close.

11:30 am
We eat at the breakfast buffet. $100 for 2 people - it was okay but really overpriced for what it was.

12:30 pm
Checked on room - still not ready. But close and I'm told to check back in 30 minutes.

1:30 pm
I'm now told the guests just left the room! I'm really angry at this point. So I again ask if they can clean the room right away. I'm again told No, it will be at least an hour. I tell them I don't care about my room, can I have another room. I even ask if I can pay for an upgrade, since they don't give me one for being Platinum. The lady calls and speaks to someone who says "I can't pay for an upgrade because I used Marriott points". Which I guess they consider a bad thing. I give up and go to the pool.

1:45 pm
We go to the adults pool. Which is like a bad attempt at a Las Vegas day club. Dj playing loud music - that isn't great or current. So I ignore the music and try to find a spot to sit. After walking around I realize there are no clean lounge chairs. So I have to ask a group of pool attendants who are talking and ignoring me, for help. He then promptly takes me to a chair next to us, removes the towels and says here you go. My opinion is that they purposely don't clear the chairs so that you have to ask them for help - in hopes you will tip them.

3:30 pm
We go to the beach. Guess what? No chairs. Just a bunch of chairs taken with people's stuff on them or towels. I would say 60% of the lounge chairs no one was in them - but there was stuff or towels. This seems like a combination of people hogging the lounge chairs but going somewhere and the attendants just not clearing the chairs.

4:45 pm
We pickup our things from the transit lounge. Then we go to our room.
The keys don't work - which is about the last thing I want to deal with. So I ask a housekeeper if she can help. She basically says not her problem. I ask her if she can ask security to come up to let me into my room. She says No.

4:55 pm
I pick up a lobby phone and ask for help. I'm told I need to come down and get new keys. I tell them I'm waiting here for someone to bring me new keys. She says No. Then I ask for a supervisor. She puts me on hold for 15 minutes and I give up and drag myself down to the front desk with all my things.

5:10 pm
I'm insanely upset at this point and exhausted from traveling from the West Coast. Which by the way is not worth it - Hawaii is 10x more beautiful and the service is 1000x better. Anyone who travels from the west coast of the US to the Bahamas is foolish (myself included). Sorry for the tangent. So at the front desk I again find the staff talking to each other and not "warm and friendly" as you would hope. I ask for a manager. They respond could I explain the issue, I say No. I want a manager and they go to fetch one.

5:25 pm.
Finally a manager comes out. I tell her my entire story, she apologizes and says those things should not have happened. Blames the phone operator not knowing that someone could bring me the keys, since they are not located in the property - they work remotely. She offers me an upgraded room, to help make up for some of my issues. Asks if she can do anything else. I say that today is my birthday (which it was) and asked if they could send up a small cake or cupcakes. She says she will work on it. Normally, with Starwood properties I don't have to ask for things like this but I guess Marriott doesn't seem to care.

5:35 pm
I'm in the room - it is NOT an upgrade. It is the same size room I booked. I'm now even more mad. I ask for my Platinum welcome ammenity, they say they will bring it right up.

6:30 pm
We eat at "Fish" a Jose Andres restaurant. It was not great and really overpriced. I sent back 2 dishes.

8:30 pm
We realize the sink is clogged and Do Not Disturb button doesn't work. We call maintenance and they come promptly and fix it (shocking).

9 pm
We call again and ask for the ammenity and the birthday item. Told it will be right up.

10:30 pm
We give up and go to bed. I put the Do Not Disturb on the door.

12:15 am
Knock on the door. I answer it is my welcome ammenity. 4 cookies and 2 small cheap waters. I go back to bed.

Day #2
I've reset my expectations to as low as they can go.

10 am
Similar issues with the beach. This time I just gave the guy money to find me chairs.

1 pm
I go to the gym and they won't let me work out in non gym shoes. Suddenly one thing they actually pay attention to.

2 pm
We make dinner reservations for a restaurant at Atlantis.

3 pm
We stop by a store for sunscreen and allergy medicine. We leave $50 lighter.

7 pm
We take the shuttle to one of the other towers for dinner. We walk up and are suddenly now told they have a "Dress Code". My girlfriend is in a nice dress, but I'm in shorts. They offer to seat us on the balcony - but I refuse since I was looking forward to being indoors from the high humidity. I ask why when I called and made the reservation was I not told about a dress code, they just blankly stared back at me.

8 pm
We eat at a buffet - it's okay.

9:30 pm
We call down and inquire into my birthday item. This takes 45 minutes of talking to people.

11:30 pm.
4 cupcakes and candles show up.

Day #3
We decided to cut our trip short and change our flights and flew back that afternoon to Los Angeles. We could not handle anymore of this awful treatment.

I have never been so happy to be home after a "vacation" in my life.

If Atlantis paid for my entire trip to return - I would say No Way.

***Please do yourself and your family a favor and go anywhere but to the Atlantis hotels***

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
19  Thank SuperStar777
Sydney E, Manager at The Cove at Atlantis, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2018

Hi SuperStar777,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review The Cove, following your visit to Paradise Island. We are very disappointed to learn about your recent stay on-property, and we truly apologize for the inconveniences you had along the way. Our guests are our number one priority, so we'd love to be able to speak with you further to hear more about your time at the resort and help rectify any issues. At your earliest convenience, please e-mail Sydney.Engel@atlantisparadise.com, who will ensure you are put in touch with a member of The Cove's Executive Team.

- Atlantis Management Team

Reviewed June 1, 2018

We went to celebrate a special birthday, but was very disappointed. We decided to get an Indigo Suite which was fantastic. We were hoping to spend time at the pool. First we couldn't believe the hours of the pool. They are only opened 8 hours per day, starting at 9 or 10am. We went down our first day, got down on the second step and it was like ice. We thought it was strange that no one was in the pool, but soon learned why - ICE COLD WATER. We talked to several staff around the pool, but got no response. We then talked to someone at the Concierge desk, they began arguing with us and said the water wasn't cold. Really? Is that the Marriott way of customer relations. We continued to complain to others including Front Desk Manager, but again, all they did was argue with us. Every person we talked to gave us a different answer. One said the pool was heated, another said it was climate controlled - we never got the same answer.

Our trip was for 10 days and was the most disappointing trip we have ever had with Marriott. We are brand loyal - but will NEVER go to another Autograph Collection location again. Considering the half million points and the couple thousand we paid at check-out - we did NOT get our value.

While we had read several reviews before we went, we don't base on decisions on that. We are so sorry - we didn't believe the reviews that said it was a waste of points. We wish we would have listened.

PLEASE DON"T MAKE THAT SAME MISTAKE. Only go to the Cove if you want to waste your points.

Room tip: Suite was very spacious. Luxury bathroom
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank Rick G

Hi rick835,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review The Cove, following your visit to Paradise Island. We are very disappointed to learn that your stay did not live up to your expectations. We want to help make this right and be able to speak with you further about your time on-property. It is our number one priority to ensure our guests have a positive experience when choosing our resort, and we will discuss all details of your stay directly. At your earliest convenience, please reach out to Sydney.Engel@atlantisparadise.com, who will put you in touch with a member of our Executive Team.

- Atlantis Management Team