“The Cove still Rocks..but the Water park ????”

The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I spent July 4th weekend at the cove. Service at the hotel was excellent. Food at Mosaic and Mesa Grill was delicious. I do have a gripe. Water park opened late each day...any many of the slides opened late too. The staff was totally disinterested. I will NOT be returning any time soon.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank 720garys
There are newer reviews for The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Great hotel. Luxury rooms,pricey restaurants and very helpful staff. One of the best beaches I've visited is Atlantis Cove beach. Deffinetly worth every dollar. Make sure you take a cab to downtown and eat at Bahamian restaurants. You can also take a boat ride to downtown. We will be back for sure.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alex F
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Was not sure what to expect based on the various reviews earlier. Stayed there for 4 nights 5 days during June and this was an absolute delight. This is really one of the best hotels I have ever stayed. The Cove is an all suite tower in Atlantis.

Here are more details:
1. Airport Pickup: Was very well organized and had a separate baggage vehicle
2. Check-in: was very smooth and warm service.
3. Rooms: The rooms are absolutely gorgeous with hugh bathrooms. We were on the 18th Floor facing the beach. All the rooms are suites and have separate bedroom and sitting area with 2 large LCDs TVs. There is a beautiful balcony with fantastic views of the paradise beach and atlantis towers. And you can see the ocean from the bed. The lightings are done very well as well.
4. Hotel Grounds: very huge with so many pools and beaches. there is also an adult only pool if you like less noise. The aisles and lobby are all light up in the evening like lounge with dim candle light and soft music. The Atlantis part ( separate tower ) is like a vegas hotel with shopping, casino, restaurants. The built in aquariums are awesome and huge. The kids will love it.
5. shopping: very expensive & designer brands.
6. Food/ Room Service: Very expensive. average meal should be around USD 100 ( Salmon/ Soup/ Perrier Water ).
7. Restaurants: Plenty of options. The breakfast place is huge. The Olive restaurant was excellent.
8. Activities: went for the snorkeling trip on sail boat. it was very good. the crew is very professional. Heard that the Dolphin feeding is also gorgeous. Most of the activities were great.
9. Mandara Spa: supposed to be very good and top class.
10. Service: This is the only caveat and probably what most people are complaining about. It is very slow and you have to be patient. They are not MGM or Bellagio /Vegas hotels where they can service 5000 rooms efficiently. This is not designed for lots of people. we were there as part of a large corporate event with 600 people. This is where the service got really slow. I can imagine but we were never bothered.
11. Beaches: Plenty of them. Not like the ones you will get in Bali or Maldives or Maui. but quiet and clean. Very safe and children friendly with the coves.
12. Other Things to Do: They have shuttle service to Nassau downtown. We prefered to chill out and enjoy the hotel.

Overall an excellent hotel and I would recommend if you just want to chill out and not bothered too much about the prices.

Room Tip: High Floor Rooms. They have separate price slabs. 5-22 floor are perfect.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank paulrupesh
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We had a great time, while not an exclusive spot, although you will pay like it is. However what they lack in exclusivity they make up for with availability and convenience of casino, good restaurants, great beaches, fun adult pool and many more pluses.

Pros:
The Cove Beach is great, never had to go through the stresses of chairs I hear that the other Atlantis beaches deal with, beach conditions and water was perfect. Service on the beach from the staff was also great.

The Cove (Cain) Pool, one of the highlights, we chose a bed by the plunge pool so we didn't necessarily have to mix with the folks in the main pool. It was rowdy but entertaining watching the main pool. Think Vegas light, but perhaps not that much light depending on who shows up.

Restaurants - I am a serious foodie from NYC, so trust me when I say that while not on par with standard night out in NYC, the food was exceptional particularly for a Caribbean retreat. Mesa Grill and the Dune at the one and only were our favorites. One negative - we both got sick from Cafe Martinique

The room - we chose a deluxe ocean suite, great selection, while I looked at the other more high end suites, they didn't offer much more than more space. The deluxe ocean suite was perfect for us, large bathroom, his and hers vanities, large walk in closet and great views! PS - the bed was super comfortable and the service again was great.

A lot of conveniences - stores, small shops, snack places, water park looked fun, aquarium also looked cool, just a lot of other things mixed in.

Cons:
Lack of outdoor night spots, some of the nights were beautiful out, yet there was a major lacking of places to truly enjoy it with drinks and music. We walked around after dinner each night only to head to indoor lounges... while on a Caribbean vacation.. ??? hmmm.

The Cove beach should have some music going to, I hear the other beaches have that.

Challenges with some logistical items, not something I typically deal with at the Ritz or other nice hotels. Odd for such a well put together resort like the Atlantis. Service was fantastic otherwise. Occasional though people operated on "Island time".

Kids at the Cove, I once heard it was adult only even at the hotel, a shame they changed that policy.

Couple of towels in the bathroom had pre-existing stains.

The buffet at the Mosiac was overpriced, the seagrapes was better and cheaper but a bit of a walk.

Summary:
I would definitely go back, but I think this place would be even better with a larger group. I would do it once as a couple but now I think I would try other places if just as a couple. Large groups can take advantage of many things to do together. I would definitely recommend the Cove, but I don't think I would ever stay at the other towers.

We also preferred the Moon Lounge over the Dragon Lounge.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bimmerny
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We just came back and had a horrible experience. Food prices are overpriced. When security leaves at 5pm all the locals harassed our family. My 14 year old daughter was abducted by a local who provided jet ski services to our family earlier in the day. By the grace of God and because her athleticism, she fought him off and escaped. It was a complete joke on how police was handling. We are glad to be back and can not recommend this hotel or going to Bahamas. Go to Tahiti or Kauai if you want an exotic vacation. Crime rate is too high here and not safe with little kids. We tried to take her to best hospital and it was so dirty and surrounded by drug addicts. THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU BOOk!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
24  Thank 751mercedesw
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I have never written a review, but feel like I need to now. We spent a whole lot of money to stay 4 nights at The Cove. It was our first trip to Atlantis. In general, the hotel is nice and looks like by far the best place to stay in Atlantis. However, the customer service at this entire resort (including the Cove) ranges from mediocre (the Cove) to horrible (everywhere else). The food is pretty terrible as well (although we did like Mesa, Mosaic, and Chopstix -- all fine, but still not what you would expect given the insane prices!). Kids loved the entire experience, but my husband and I were shocked by the horrible service throughout the resort. For the amount we paid, we expected the customer service one would get at a luxury resort (like the Ritz) and good food -- you will not get that at Atlantis (including the Cove). So, beautiful beach, nice but completely overcrowded pools and waterpark, mediocre food, the worst customer service we have ever experienced.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank RL41
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I agree with some of the previous reviews - that this property is expensive, but worth the money. We have stayed at Atlantis on 2 previous occasions, but this was the first stay at the Cove and I wouldn't go back. The rooms were spacious with beautiful views. The service was excellent. Just walking through the beautiful open air lobby sets the mood for a peaceful vacation. It one is looking for high end excitement and a lot of people milling around - this is not the place for you (but check out the Royal Tower which fits this description). If you are looking for serene beauty and quiet elegance - this is the place to stay. The staff are courteous and anxious to help. The services are provided cheerfully and efficiently. The pool and beach area are comfortable and so much less crowded than the rest of the resort. If you stay for an extended period of time - you will need to seek out restaurants on the rest of the property if you are looking for fine dining. My one complaint is that the breakfast and lunch options are pretty much non existent if you are looking for non buffet meals. For breakfast (besides room service) - the only option is a very large and crowded buffet (that was not so appealing) and for lunch the options include hamburgers (which were terrible) by the pool; the indoor buffet or a limited (very) menu at a bar (that was unavailable 3 out of our 5 day stay). At dinner, the Mesa Grille (Bobby Flay's restaurant) opens - which I can highly recommend. There are multiple restaurant offerings across the resort - but I would have liked it if the Cove offered a place where families (not just adults) could eat an order off the menu sit down breakfast and lunch option. Other than that - I can not think of any negative attributes about the Cove.

Room Tip: Coincerage level is nice as you have access to the lounge with complimentary breakfast, light lunch...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
#5 of 14 in Paradise Island
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograp...
#10 of 14 in Paradise Island

Been to The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!