I can write a thesis about this place and how awesome it is..
But I'll keep it shorter than that! ;)
We got a room on a higher floor.. facing away from the Cove adults only pool. Our view was towards the end of Paradise Island and the Cruise Ship bay and inlet to the left side.. and the vast ocean right in front.. with unbelievably gorgeous sunset views!!!
We got some of the best photographs of our lives from our room!! :)
It was THE MOST AMAZING 30th Birthday Celebration for my wife!!!
We stayed there for 3 nights.. Cove is the BEST MAINTAINED HOTEL AT THE ATLANTIS COMPLEX.
It gives the best views, benefits and service among the Atlantis hotels. This is coz it's the newest, has the least crowd and well, also COSTS THE MOST. We got a fabulous deal through our travel agent who got our rooms at USD 400 per night incl. taxes and charges etc. This included breakfast and 1 meal voucher I guess; as well as some other cool benefits too! On the website the same deal was going for USD 650+ per night!
Based on earlier reviews, we were careful about what we ate (we avoided certain kinds of seafood and generally ate properly cooked food only); we also picked up lots of drinking water and some snacks from a grocery store on the way from the airport.
The restaurants are very nice.. the Italian one is quite good actually.. Nobu was great!
We did the Shallow water interaction with the dolphins which was AMAZING FUN!
We spent 1 whole day at the Water Park (which we both agreed was way beyond how exciting we imagined it to be) and in the evening went to the seriously luxurious spa! The massages were seriously GOOD!
The ruins of the Atlantis are just so good they're scary! We happened to walk into the area late at night.. So we decided to walk down and get a feel of the view from below at night.. Man the fear in our eyes in the pictures says it all! The HUGE Giant Mantaray and the many sharks and the jelly fish and everything is just awesome!
The outdoor market at the Marina Village is quite cool.. We picked up some beautiful souvenirs there.
We didnt really do any gambling or any clubbing.. But yeah some parts of the hotel do need a lot of maintenance and improvement.. For instance the casino, the older hotels in the complex.. and the walkways etc..
Day trip to Eleuthera (HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!):
On the day of my wife's Birthday, I had planned for a surprise day trip to the islands of Eleuthera and Harbour Island. I had booked an early morning flight (on Pineapple Air) from Nassau Airport to the North Eleuthere Airport. We landed at like 7:10 AM AM I guess; after a 20-25 minute flight on a tiny 19 seater aircraft! hehe.. Anyways, I had booked a self drive car for the day which was left at the airport by the super helpful owner Arthur Nixon (+12423597879).. and he'd also left some good maps, complimentary keychains and other helpful things.. We drove down to the ferry point and took a water taxi to Harbour Island. We walked to the beach on the other side of Harbour Island.. enjoyed an early morning dip in the Atlantic Ocean.. and then had breakfast at a nice hotel there.. then took a water ferry back to Eleuthera.. and drove around the island for a couple of hours.. then headed south.. The highlights of Eleuthera were the SURREAL VIEWS OF THE CONTRAST OF THE DEEP BLUE ATLANTIC OCEAN AND THE TURQUOISE SHALLOW CARIBBEAN SEA at the glass bridge!!! SIMPLY TO DIE FOR!!! We had lunch at the Tippy's Restaurant - which again is outstanding! :) We then took a flight back from the Governor's Harbour Airport after dropping the car at the airport.. and being offered complimentary drinks and being given a bottle of Caribbean Rum at a big discount by Arthur! What a day!! We highly recommend everyone to do this!! :)
All in all, if you plan it well, the Cove could well make the holiday of a lifetime! :)
PS: Let's not forget the AMAZING BAHAMIAN PEOPLE AND THEIR SUPERB HOSPITALITY! :) :) :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dynamic and stylish. Sophisticated and sensual. A place where scene meets scenery and urban chic meets white-sand nature. Inspired by the beauty of its surroundings, The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection thrives on the rhythm of the day. While our Atlantis hotel's exclusive ultra-pool and beach club create a seamless day to night scene, our Bahamas paradise's spectacular ocean views and balmy open-air architecture embrace nature’s most compelling elements creating a seductive and indulgent experience. Stay with us and enjoy a perfect location steps from pristine beaches and gorgeous Paradise Island lagoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Otel, TravelUp, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cove Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Cove Atlantis Paradise Island
- Atlantis Cove
- The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island