“The Cove Atlantis”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Derry, New Hampshire
“The Cove Atlantis”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We just returned from our stay at The Cove. Everything was fabulous. Great Service and the rooms were immaculate. Loved every minute. I would recommend this place to anyone. It was a bit pricey but I would go again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (734)
Montclair, New Jersey
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Just got back from Atlantis, and we were very happy with our experience. My husband and I travelled with our 13-yr-old son. They loved the water slides, while I enjoyed the Cove-only pool and beach. There was also an adults-only pool, which definitely had a more sophisticated vibe. More adults smoked cigarettes and cigars (probably Cuban, which are readily available) by the adult pool, but it didn't bother me. The music that was played by the pools was excellent, which really added to the pleasant atmosphere. There were singers and djs who were all very talented and friendly. I found all the people who worked at Atlantis to be extremely friendly and helpful.

We dined at Nobu, Mesa, Cafe Martinique, Olives, and Virgil's.
Nobu was excellent, but not on par with Nobu in New York. Mesa was very good, and the margaritas were the best on the island. At Olives, you should order the pasta or flatbread. Virgil's was a nice family friendly barbecue place. Cafe Martinique, where some scenes from Thunderball were filmed, was my favorite. It had a relaxed, yet elegant atmosphere, and the food was on point.
Everyone complains about the expense, but it's no more expensive than NYC. Have the taxi stop at the little grocery store on the way so you can pick up water, which is very expensive at the resort. And whatever you do, don't forget your sunblock, because it's about $25 a tube in Atlantis. We also packed some snacks. We went to Starbucks for coffee in the morning (get there before 9), and then we had a light lunch or just snacks before our dinners out.
I would definitely stay at the Cove again for the less crowded pools and beach. If I were traveling with a larger group, I would stay at the reef in a room with a kitchen. But for the 3 of us, one room with 2 queen beds was perfect.

• Stayed August 2013
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We stay at the cove, because the pool is adults only. We love kids but none with us so the atmosphere is different. We rent a cabana and I would suggest it if you can it is GREAT. Best ever. Only negative we found was dinner at Nobu, food mediocre, service Terrible. I noticed all the better restaurants we went to, the service was lacking, and we don't even try the casual dining restaurants. So for the money service should be outstanding. We will return, just love the atmosphere.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank 70JAM
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I spent my anniversary there. I loved the privacy of the hotel. The views and hotel accommodations were excellent. Great service. Friendly and accommodating staff. Issues with wifi. Need to have dining plan to make it cost effective. I wish more services were included in the cost of our stay, such as spa and fitness club. I did not like that there was only one restaurant directly on the property and that had to take a shuttle over to the Beach tower or Royal tower to get to other restaurants. The restaurants were good though. I did not spend much time at the water slides since too nosy and full of kids.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bigsis1mille
Montreal
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We went to the Atlantis for a 4 day getaway.I was always curious about it. I would not return. Not because it isn't beautiful and amazing, it is! But it's just not our style. We prefer a quiet resort with no kids. we can here with our 17 year old daughter. Here is my breakdown.

Check in- went very quick and smooth, the woman who served me was very friendly and accommodating .the whole thing took 10 minutes max.

Room- we chose the Cove because we wanted to be in the resort that had the least kids and was most luxurious . The room was very nice , two queen beds and a pull out double sofa bed,huge beautiful bathroom. The only complaint with the room was the balcony is so small you can nearly get a chair on it and the room is carpeted which I find very dirty. Tile or wood would be much nicer.
There is a mini bar and snack drawer but the prices are quite a rip off, it's better to go to the small shopping area near the coral resort (it has a Scotia bank) the prices there are like home $ 1.00 for soda or small chips and there is a alcohol place called Bristol which has better prices as well(case of Heineken for $54.00) they gave us a small fridge to use for free.

Maid service- usually the room wasn't cleaned until after 2 , they always did a great job and puts lots of towels.

Beach- one of the nicest I have seen, very clean and the water was warm and small waves. It is however very crowded and most chairs were broken as in the part that goes up and gives shade didn't work, we would get down to the beach early to grab good ones. This is not a place to save chairs for long, the staff remove your towels if you are not there for awhile.

Pools- they looked nice but very loud with DJ's and blasting music so we avoided them.

Food- not really what we like, most food was huge portions for big money and no attention to taste. We liked the cheaper ones
Ike Johnny Rockets and Murray's Deli not because of price cause we don't mind spending allot if the food is good but it wasn't.

We didn't do the watersides or animal interactions. We did check out the Dig and Predator cave which was amazing.

the resort is beautiful and there is allot to do, they have a movie theatre and clubs,Casio etc but it just isn't our style. if you are going for a Vegas, Disney type of vacation this is the place for you.

The staff are very friendly and accommodating,with the exception of Virgil's restaurant.Beach gorgeous and so much to do.

Room Tip: If you want to be in a quieter area choose the cove.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Sandypony
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2013

we were at The Cove 5 years ago and had a fantastic time. Everything was amazing and decided to return there for our 12 year anniversary again. The grounds and surroundings were beautiful and clean. When we checked in and got to our room, the room smelled of food, the carpet was soiled and the wooden steps were dirty with hair and food. Also the balcony had three cigarette butts and a broken lighter on the ground. I did not hear a vaccum the whole time I was at the resort which explained the little piece of glass my husband got stick in his heel that evening walking across the bed! I did call when we first arrived about the condition of the room and all that was done was the balcony was cleaned of the cigarettes. We had the day bed during our whole trip and on the Friday and Saturday there is a $500 spending minimum which is fine. The only problem was the service on those two days was crappy. Slow and we felt as if we were bothering the wait staff. We did have a pleasant time but by the end of the trip we spent more than what we paid in the room and i really don't think I would go again. Id rather spend my money somewhere else. If you can turn a blind eye to the cost of everything and if your room was in the same condition that ours was in, The Cain rocks... especially if you are having a trip away from the kids.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lovetoeat0707
Hayward, CA
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Property is modern, spacious, lovely views but Atlantis has turned into Vegas meets Disneyland at the beach. With all the people from cruise ships with day passes, the mark-up on the cost of everything, the lazy service - it's just not worth the final bill. The food at all of the pools leaves a lot to be desired. I did enjoy Victor's BBQ and Mosaic but not for the $300 bill. This place is a ripoff, crazy it took me 3 trips to finally move on.

The staff try's very hard and I appreciate that.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
#5 of 14 in Paradise Island
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograp...
#10 of 14 in Paradise Island

Been to The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!