I must say that while Atlantis may not be my favorite place to go on holiday (there are too many people), but it does have everything you need for a complete family vacation. It has a beautiful beach, great restaurants for adults, tons of activities for the kids and gambling.
We usually stay at the Cove which is more high end and exclusive, but there are still too many people. All guests wear bracelets to give you access to your area of the resort.
The beaches are beautiful, white sands, crystal blue water. Water is warm for most of the year except in December when we went. It was too cold to swim in the sea but the pools were ok.
Atlantis has tons of pools with slides of different levels which the kids love. There is also a wave pool for rafting which is great for most ages. There are life guards all over to ensure safety.
For kids there is also a speedway where you can build a car, a game room and a children's activity center where there are different organized activities every day to keep the kids occupied. There is also rock climbing. They also offer swimming with dolphins, interacting with dolphins and interacting with sea lions.
There are tons of restaurants to chose from including famous restaurants from the US such as Nobu, Mesa Grill and Carmine's. The breakfast buffet is beyond comprehensive. It has everything and more.
The rooms at the Cove are well sized. We had a junior suite which was good for a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids). The bathroom is very big. However the rooms need refurbishment as they are getting worn. Housekeeping was also not as thorough in cleaning, sand was left in the bathroom and the drains got clogged, they also forgot to replace the soap.
The ammenities are great, they use Red Earth.
Internet costs $25 a day per room but works for several devices. There is WIFI throughout the resort but is spotty in some areas.
The gym is one of the best I've seen in a hotel. It can rival any gym in a big city. It has loads of cardio equipment and the weight machines. It also offers spinning and pilates classes.
The massages are not so great, you feel like you're part of an assembly line and can't really relax, I would skip it.
Be ready to spend a lot of money, the Cove and Atlantis in general is expensive. Everything has a price in this Disneyland for adults and kids alike.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dynamic and stylish. Sophisticated and sensual. A place where scene meets scenery and urban chic meets white-sand nature. Inspired by the beauty of its surroundings, The Cove Atlantis thrives on the rhythm of the day. While its exclusive ultra-pool and beach club create a seamless day to night scene, its spectacular ocean views and balmy open-air architecture embrace nature’s most compelling elements creating a seductive and indulgent experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cove Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Cove Atlantis Paradise Island
- Atlantis Cove
- The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island