I treated myself to a 40th birthday present to the Cove in Atlantis. I brought my daughter and mother with me as well. We had a great time. We got to the hotel around check in time. They first were giving us a room on a low floor, however I requested and said we would wait for a higher floor. Luckily, they were able to find us one that was ready with 2 beds fairly quickly. The staff is very friendly and helpful, can't say enough about them. Our room was beautiful and the view was breathtaking! It was very spacious and the bathrooms were huge. The beds were very comfortable, and I like that you stepped down to a seperate lounging area from where the beds were. The balconies are not big, if you want to bring a chair out to the balcony you have to angle it sideways just to get it to fit. The hotel was very clean and the staff works non-stop to make the hotel and the grounds stay that way. We did our morning walk to Starbucks everyday which is next store at the Reef, and then would walk the beach. We had a special when we booked our reservation for free daily breakfast. So we would have a late buffet breakfast at Mosaic everyday that would hold us over until dinner. The breakfast was fantastic and they had a great variety of foods to choose from. They had a made to order omelet station that was really nice. It was a great bargain to get such a filling and delicious breakfast each morning for free. The pool area at the Cove is very nice and spacious. We went in mid-October so it closes early, around 6pm. There was plenty of chairs, which are very comfortable at the COve, unlike the chairs at the Royal Towers! The beach is right near the pool, and a quick walk to it, but there was a sign posted saying it was jellyfish season, so I avoided going in the ocean. When my daughter was at the kids camp one day, my Mom and I went to the adult only pool. It was nice and comfortable with music playing. The Royal Towers was a lot of fun and a quick walk to it. Again, we went on the off season, so the lines weren't bad for the waterslides and we all absolutely loves the "lazy" river, which has some great waves and is so much fun to spend a few hours on! My daugther went to the Kids camp a few nights and really enjoyed herself. She is 10 and they had a lot of activities and the staff was very friendly. THey had theme nights and she had a great time participating in all the activities. She also did a cooking class and got to take home her creation which she also really enjoyed. It was worth the price. My mom and I went to the Casino the two different nights my daughter went to the kids camp. The casino is okay, the drinks are very small, but we had a good time, and I won the night we were there on my 40th birthday so that was a treat! The casino is right by the Marina, and its nice to take a walk through the Marina and see all of the amazing yachts that are docked there. Unbelieveable! We also went to Doplhin Cay for the shallow water interaction. It was a lot of fun, it went by quick though. It was an amazing experience and one we would do again. My daughter and I said we would want to do the trainer for the day though to have more time there.
As for the restaurants, they are pricey but also good. The first night we ate at Seafire Steakhouse, it was okay for me (I'm a vegetarian so not a whole lot of options for me). My mother and daughter enjoyed it though. They had a kids menu here so that made it more affordable. We had an offer for a free drink, but it could only be used for mixed drinks not wine or beer, so that was a waste for me. Another night we ate at Mesa Grill which is right at the Cove. We all enjoyed it very much, the food was great and the margaritas were delicious! Again pricey, but good. Our favorite was the Courtyard Terrace at the One & Only Ocean club. You can take the shuttle they offer there from the Cove. The dining area is just beautiful, the staff is very attentive and the food was amazing. We loved it! I would say if you had to pick anywhere to go to dinner it should be there.
We had a great trip to the Cove and I would definitly go back again and probably again in October, given the smaller crowds and the weather still being great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dynamic and stylish. Sophisticated and sensual. A place where scene meets scenery and urban chic meets white-sand nature. Inspired by the beauty of its surroundings, The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection thrives on the rhythm of the day. While our Atlantis hotel's exclusive ultra-pool and beach club create a seamless day to night scene, our Bahamas paradise's spectacular ocean views and balmy open-air architecture embrace nature’s most compelling elements creating a seductive and indulgent experience. Stay with us and enjoy a perfect location steps from pristine beaches and gorgeous Paradise Island lagoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Cancelon, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cove Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Cove Atlantis Paradise Island
- Atlantis Cove
- The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island