This was a 10 year anniversary trip for us. We travel a lot (always beach vacations) and wanted to try the Bahamas this time. The Cove is beautifully decorated and the furnishings / decor is high end. You won't be disappointed in the view either (we were on the 17th floor).
- we went towards the middle/end of September and occupancy was in the 20-30% range. We weren't told ahead of time, but a lot of things are closed for maintenance in September / October because those are the slow months. It would be nice to have been told before making our reservation.
- Loved the lazy river with rapids. You can ride this all around the main pool area and hop off when you want to get on water slides, etc.
- Cain @ the Cove pool. Awesome pool, atmosphere and music. Seemed really strange that at 6pm the pool closes (music stops, service stops, etc.). Maybe it was because of the slow season?
- Getting around - shuttle service is fast, we found it easy to get around the property by shuttle or walking.
- Restaurants also closed at 10pm except for some snack bar type places in the Royal Towers and Room service. Breakfast at Mosaic is definitely great food, but that was the only standout. Nobu and Mesa were ok.
- Pricing - Incredibly Expensive. Almost double what we have paid for food at other high end resorts and we have been to a lot.
- Casino - by far the best service around the property (T'shura at 3 card poker and pit boss Katie were tons of fun)
- Room Service - not great. We didn't get anything refreshed while we were there (coffee, cups, towels, etc.). It seemed like they were stopping by to make the bed and that was about it. 2 days we were there they stopped by in the evening to give us water bottles, but they didn't do it on the other nights.
The property is beautiful and really has everything you could want or need. The only reason I would think twice about coming back is because of the terrible customer service. Not sure if it is because 15% gratuity is already included in everything, but we very rarery got service with a smile. Mostly service staff tried not to make eye contact and when they did come finally come over they just seemed really annoyed to have to help you. Definitely the worst service of anywhere I have been. Even off-property people really seemed like tourists are a burden.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dynamic and stylish. Sophisticated and sensual. A place where scene meets scenery and urban chic meets white-sand nature. Inspired by the beauty of its surroundings, The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection thrives on the rhythm of the day. While our Atlantis hotel's exclusive ultra-pool and beach club create a seamless day to night scene, our Bahamas paradise's spectacular ocean views and balmy open-air architecture embrace nature’s most compelling elements creating a seductive and indulgent experience. Stay with us and enjoy a perfect location steps from pristine beaches and gorgeous Paradise Island lagoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Otel, Booking.com, Cancelon, TravelUp, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cove Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Cove Atlantis Paradise Island
- Atlantis Cove
- The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island