“Still Excellent”

The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Back from a 5 day stay at the Cove, and it's just as wonderful as the first time. The entire resort is run very effeciently and all of the people that worked there that we encountered were very friendly and helpful. The rooms and views were very comfortable, the food as always was excellent, of course a bit expensive, but, we will return again in the future.

Room Tip: The Cove has 2 differnt ocean view rooms, one faces the marina and paradsie beach, the other view is...
1  Thank Suzi02

Reviewed May 17, 2012

We stayed at The Cove in Paradise Island, Bahamas on May 8th, thru May 12,2012. Words can not express what a wonderful place this resort is. We stayed at The Cove and had the club lounge pass. The bartender Raymond and the wonderful staff Nasette Sawyer,Swanson Bridgewater,Anguanette McKinzie. The grounds are so beautiful and the water rides are awesome. The Dolphin experience shallow water encounter was excellent. Royal tower MUST see walk through aquarium another fun attraction. Also, Must go to the Marina, So Beautiful, The restaurants are very good> Carmines,Cafe Martinique. This resort is fun for all ages.

Room Tip: We suggest The Cove,Club Lounge pass for a additional fee.
2  Thank tirehead
Reviewed May 17, 2012

The Cove at Atlantis is wonderful spot at a busy resort. Just returned from a six night stay.

This was our third time to visit Atlantis. Previously we stayed at the Royal Towers and Harbour side. This time we wanted a little more upscale feel - so we tried The Cove.

Check in was fast and smooth, we travelled with our our older teenagers so we had two side by side rooms. The rooms had an outer door - so we could prop our individual suite doors open when we wanted everyone together.

We brought a case of water and beer with us - so we called down for a fridge which was delivered within 20 minutes and was free of charge.

As everyone knows - food is the expensive part of this place. We ate a different place every night . Good value to be found at Carmines and Virgils BBQ, both serve family style so there is a lot of food. Mesa Grill and the Bahamian Club were wonderful - but very expensive.

We travelled in May - and found the resort busy, but not crowded. No problem getting a spot by the main pools. We tried the Cain (private pool) not that appealing, mainly a young single crowd.

My oldest son lost his license on one of the water slides. When we called lost and found the next day - they had recovered the license and we were able to get it back.

It's not five star - but overall appeal of Atlantis makes it worth the trip. Make sure you budget for the food.

Overall we found the service excellent and we will return.

Room Tip: Book a room at least on the fifth floor. Lower floor room views could be blocked by palm trees.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Doghouse66
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Subject: The Cove Atlantis
Location: Paradise Island, New Providence Island, Bahamas, Caribbean, North
America
Title: Amazing
ID#: 129760688

The hotel is ZEN-gorgeous.

We LOVED the Cain beach club that is restricted to adults staying at the Cove. There are beds in the pool--comfortable lounges, a bar, great staff to get you anything you
want--and gaming tables as well! Try to get a package that includes breakfast-- Lunch- went to Cascades food hut--where they had a couple of the same salads as Cain at
almost half price. You pass it on the way from the
hotel if you go out the right door after getting your
wrist bands from concierge. If you have kids--the Cascades pool is nice--but you can also walk over to the other pools.

You must go on the rapids river run. Get a tube (if you're a couple get a
double) There are many entrances---but we went on near the base of the Mayan
Temple. There is also an entrance at the Hospitality Center (near Coral Beach
Towers)-- you can rent a locker for 8 dollars but bring key back before
6pm or get charged $50.00. Enter near Mayan Temple and grab a tube.
Be careful to sit so your bum is not hanging too far down and keep your legs down - be careful with them because sometimes you are thrown from side to side against rock so people got cuts
on their legs--just be aware when the waves hit so you will position your legs
accordingly. We had fun and did not get hurt.

At the other side of the Mayan Temple --there are steps that go up to the top
where you choose one of two slides-- one you need a tube and one do not. The slide on right is pretty steep downward journey in the dark. We opted for left side with double tube
that went more side to side--fun!

We went to the "Fish fry" in Nassau one night. (taxis know it) If you go--have a drink at "Frankie goes Bananas" for the atmosphere--but eat at "Twin Brothers". (a few doors down) It is not cheap, but definitely cheaper than most Atlantis Restaurants.

At Atlantis--go to the Marina--we loved the fun, casual atmosphere and the
gorgeous yachts. We ate at Murrays Deli--nice size portions and not
crazy prices. There is a pizza place if you are not fussy---it is cheap and you eat outside. Johnny Rockets is at the end near Carmines -- better food than any other JR I've been-fresh salad with really good tuna--not too much mayo and my husband had a fried fish sandwich, fries and shake. The bill was around $35. We ate at Carmines. If you are not from NY--you
should eat there. But, since we are-- it was difficult paying almost double the price for the same food. We did not eat at Bimini Road (Caribbean)--it was very busy but looked like fun!

There is a Nobu(Japanese) and Mesa Grill ( Southwest) in
NY---so we didn't go, but if you want to go for an expensive delicious
dinner--go there. Dune Restaurant is probably the best romantic atmosphere and great fish dinner. Have drinks at the bar and see the sunset over the water! Pricey.

The Casino is very large and fun! Lots of different kinds of machines
from 2 cents and up... Right outside casino there is a bar called Plato's with very inexpensive food. For some reason the same salads and sandwiches are cheaper there than anywhere
else.

I walked from Cove to Beach tower and back every day for exercise & shopping. All of the Towers are nice. (check your budget) Coral Towers is
a nice location--as is Royal Towers. We LOVED the Joker's Wild Comedy
Club--the comedians were great(two) It costs $20 dollars pp--best
bargain there!

Shopping--try to have everything you need with you. Everything there is
pricey! Escape--a boutique at The Cove has the most laughable prices I have
ever seen--more than Las Vegas Caesar's Forum shops. Beautiful silk caftans---$1,800 and up??? They have a crystal covered tiger--afor $10,000. Fun to look at - their Kara Ross
clutches were also overpriced. There wasn't anything unique to buy except Tortuga Rum Cakes. (at the Marina) They have the Bacardi Brand Rum cakes they sell in the stores. But Tortuga are better. They have samples and are incredibly addicting even if you don't like rum!

The Candy Place is great--love cherry sour patch dots --on the
right side of Marina walking towards the back. Across from it is an ice cream place.
We also heard Lucianos's Restaurant (Italian) in Nassau is very good but didn't have a
chance to go there.

The beach is absolutely beautiful--soft sand--turquoise water and fish that
come up to you legs--comfortable padded lounges with canopies for sun relief are a great touch. It is a great place for rest, relaxation and fun--but probably a lot
more hectic during school vacations. We heard they sometimes run out of
food at the kiosks by 11:30 am during the those times, but if you have kids and can afford it--it's paradise...... It's also wonderful without kids!

Oh one more thing--they charge 15 dollars a day to use the exercise facility. I
did not have a massage but I heard they are nice(not great) & very expensive.
The Mandara Spa is lovely.

The property is magnificent-- every detail --all bathrooms are beautiful and immaculate. Of course, the Aquarium at the Royal Towers is a must see--it's free and simply awe inspiring--you must go day and night to take amazing pictures of thousands of species of fish!

7  Thank JJ416
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I took my mom on vacation the end of March 2012 for a week. The weather was perfect. The staff were extremely friendly and polite...I have been to many islands and by far the staff here are one of the nicest people I have ever encountered on a vacation. We had a great room with a direct view of the ocean. The room was always clean and maintained very well. The food was fantastic. We dined both in and out the the Atlantis. The food is expensive but was delicious. They have a gorgeous spa and enjoyed great treatments there. The fitness center looked like one of the best I have seen; unfortunately I could not work out due to an injury. My only complaint is people saving chairs with towels for hours and hours which sometimes made it difficult to get a spot. We sat both on the beach and by the adult pool. Lots of fun!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DebfromCT
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Our first trip to Atlantis Cove was 2/12. We've stayed at other properties, but the Cove far exceeded our expectations. It was like staying at the Ritz or Four Seasons. Fabulous suites with breathtaking views. From check in to check out the experience was fabulous. The Cove has private beaches and pools, including an adult only area. The resort is spotless. The Cove was less crowded because the cruise ship day guests are not permitted in the Cove areas. We are going back in June! Can't wait.
We had our best meal at Mesa Grill. We also loved the lazy river. Best ever, with rapids and lots of action, but not too much for this "middle aged" couple! Loved the casino as well. Nice, clean, well supervised.

Room Tip: can't go wrong with The Cove!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank pinkinablueworld
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I have been to the Atlantis three times and to The Cove twice and every time I revel at how gorgeous the open air lobby is. The day my husband and I arrived the weather was much less to be desired but at "check in" the warm greeting by Kendallyn made me realize that no matter the weather this place is great. Kendallyn was very professional and courteous and made "check in" a breeze. In addition it was my husbands B Day celebration and she was very accomodating.
The pool is wonderfull and the beach is better than my screensaver. I love that by The Cove you can relax as if the beach is yours. However, if you crave the excitment you can walk to the Royal Towers. Food is expensive but try and figure out a way to cut cost. My husband and I would have breakfast at Starbucks (The Reef), split a sandwich poolside, and save the money for dinner. Stick to local beer like Kallick (think that's the spelling) and it's a $ saver. Our fav. is Mesa Grill.
I do have a small complaint and one suggestion. I would love if the DJ at "The Cain", and all pools, would lower the music just a bit and play more local music or have steel drums. I am on vacation and want to hear the sounds of the island, I live in NJ "house" music is easy to come by. For the record I am in my early 30's and loud music does not offend me, however, I would prefer more relaxing tunes on vacation.
Suggestion: I would love a screen on my balcony, the tradewinds are so beautiful and would love to sleep with the door open, but without a screen that's not happening.
I suggest you go and form your own opinion, but if choose to take mine, I wouldn't hesitate to book it.

Room Tip: higher floor.
5  Thank Nikki0914
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
#1 of 37 in Nassau
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island

Been to The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!