We just came back from The Reef in March 2012 and stayed for 6 nights in an ocean view room studio suite. The studios have a dishwasher, sink, refrigerator, cook top, mini bar, dishes and silverware, etc. Anything not in the room such as dish detergent can be purchased in the lobby store. They also have baby food, diapers, etc. The 1 bedroom suites have a full kitchen and washer/dryer combo unit. Beautiful!
For the baby - we have a 6 month old. They have cribs and crib sheets as well as a care package that they will give to you should you ask free of charge! It consists of Johnson and Johnson baby products, and a nightlight. Be aware-they do not offer baby tubs, bottle warmers, bibs, etc. Also the Atlantis is really not stroller friendly with tons of stairs everywhere so bring a baby carrier to strap to you. That worked the best! Atlantis is great for little babies as well as adults so feel free to bring babies. There are tons!
We also used the Babysitting service everyday for approximately 6-7 hours a day. The Cove and Reef have the same babysitting service and use the same sitters. The rates went up. It is now $25/hour before tip. All babysitters are CPR certified, drug, criminal, and health checked for any diseases etc. Most have been with the Atlantis for 5 or more years. They have 130 sitters in the Beach, Coral, and Royal towers and 80 in the Reef and Cover towers. I was very skeptical of using this service for obvious reasons however, we had no issues other then small things like, not able to get the baby to bed at the right time in the crib but that is to be expected at a new place and with a new sitter not used to your baby. Our sitter was very good and trust worthy. You are not allowed to tip them cash - everything is done per a form that they hand you upon entering your room. They can also join you at the pools, etc but the parents have to be present. Otherwise they are NOT allowed to leave your room for any reason. When you set your sitter up ahead of time - you will get the same sitter everyday. They do not believe in changing sitters unless there is an issue like personality differences. Overall - I would recommend the service however, I would interview the sitter before allowing her to sit. Have her come 1/2 early. I would also do periodic spot checks to help with your insecurities. Hope this review helps!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dynamic and stylish. Sophisticated and sensual. A place where scene meets scenery and urban chic meets white-sand nature. Inspired by the beauty of its surroundings, The Cove Atlantis thrives on the rhythm of the day. While its exclusive ultra-pool and beach club create a seamless day to night scene, its spectacular ocean views and balmy open-air architecture embrace nature’s most compelling elements creating a seductive and indulgent experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, Jetsetter, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cove Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Cove Atlantis Paradise Island
- Atlantis Cove
- The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island