This was a third trip to the Atlantis resort but our first at the Cove. The others were at the Royal Towers. Being at the Cove you don't feel the crowds of Atlantis at all and if you don't have children under 18 you can enjoy the fabulous adult only pool. It is gorgeous and has the most amazing DJ playing the greatest mixes of music from 9-6 every day. I am a big beach person but found it hard to leave the pool area. I was a bit taken aback that it cost $150 to rent the sunbed but no one ever said Atlantis was cheap.
The room we had in the Cove acomodated three adults - my husband and my son. It was a gorgeous room and as nice as any room we have ever had a luxury hotel. Two flat screen TV's and a beautiful marble bathroom.
Now here is why I won't go back. They literally charge you for every single thing. We took the food plan. LIttle did I know that I would still have to pay for every 15% service charge tacked on to every bill. Bottled water - not included in food plan. And I love this one..... If everyone in the family does not eat together at the same time you get charged for that person's meal. Do they realize that this is vacation and perhaps some people sleep later in the morning than others? Apparently not. After some discussion they fixed this but it was outrageous. The new teen club that they tout for 13-17 years old is a great place for teens to meet each other and have something to do at night but it cost $25 every night and that includes nothing.... not a soda, not a peanut. NOTHING. $15 a day to work out and get rid of that big breakfast buffet. You are better off just walking from the Beach Tower to the Reef and save your money. One Pina Colada was $16, What pray tell was in that?
We knew going in that Atlantis was expensive as we had been there before and I will say again that it is a beautiful place but unless you have a lot of disposable income and money isn't really an object I believe that all inclusive resorts (which we have been doing of late) are a much better deal and value).
The food choices were good and the restaurants were pretty good with the exception of Chop Stix. I didn't recognize it as Chinese Food.
Again, if you want to go and want to stay away from the hustle and bustle of the crowds of Atlantis but still want the experience look into the Cove. You won't regret it - but break open everyone's piggy banks first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dynamic and stylish. Sophisticated and sensual. A place where scene meets scenery and urban chic meets white-sand nature. Inspired by the beauty of its surroundings, The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection thrives on the rhythm of the day. While our Atlantis hotel's exclusive ultra-pool and beach club create a seamless day to night scene, our Bahamas paradise's spectacular ocean views and balmy open-air architecture embrace nature’s most compelling elements creating a seductive and indulgent experience. Stay with us and enjoy a perfect location steps from pristine beaches and gorgeous Paradise Island lagoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Otel, Travelocity, TravelUp, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cove Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Cove Atlantis Paradise Island
- Atlantis Cove
- The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island