Just returned from a 4 night 5 day trip to Cove, Atlantis with 11 and 7 yr old kids. This is a very nice resort with great rooms, the beach view is awesome. We loved paradise beach, its exclusive for Cove guests, the water is calm and you can walk 20-25 ft and the water is only neck deep. Kids loved the beach and we saw a number of different fish, tip take some fish food with you.
Everyone who works there was very friendly and helpful, we never encountered one rude person. We arrived at 10am and the hotel had a room ready for us, which worked out great as that gave us a chance to change and spend the entire first day at the beach and pool. The family pools between the Reef and the Cove were very nice too, the pool and beach chairs had nice cushions which is different from other properties on Atlantis The lobby at Cove is very nice and the whole resort gives a very tropical feeling. We only went to the Royal Towers for couple of hours and did not like it, its seems like run down and needs upgrades, reminds of old casinos in Las Vegas. We did do few rides and they were fun for few hrs. If someone wants to go to Atlantis then Cove is the place to stay.
We had bought the Atlantic meal plan which worked out great, definitely is a big saving if you plan to eat at the resort most of the time. Mosaic breakfast was good everyday, we had dinner twice at Mesa which was a hit and miss, depends on what dishes you order. Its got good atmosphere and service but we definitely have had better food for this kind of restaurant. I do hope that Bobby Flay spends time reviewing the menu and dishes and how they are prepared. The kids macaroni and cheese at Mesa grill is very delicious, the other two items on kids menu were terrible, the meat was either over cooked or raw. We also ate at Casa D Angelo, found the food slightly better than expected. One day we had dinner at Mosaic which is a buffet and worked out good as everyone in the family got their choices taken care of. The lunches at the Paradise beach was very good too. We did not find any surprises in our final checkout bill, only minor error (kids lunch was added to the bill although they were on the kids eat free meals all day plan), the error was promptly corrected when we brought it to their attention.
I would recommend this place for families with kids. This place is expensive but its typical of any resort of this kind, so one should have the right expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dynamic and stylish. Sophisticated and sensual. A place where scene meets scenery and urban chic meets white-sand nature. Inspired by the beauty of its surroundings, The Cove Atlantis thrives on the rhythm of the day. While its exclusive ultra-pool and beach club create a seamless day to night scene, its spectacular ocean views and balmy open-air architecture embrace nature’s most compelling elements creating a seductive and indulgent experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TravelUp, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cove Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Cove Atlantis Paradise Island
- Atlantis Cove
- The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island