1,021 results
All reviews specialty restaurants calypso bar jerk chicken swim up bar infinity pool cappuccino bar jerk hut hour bar liquor dispenser family suite a la cartes larger pool sewage smell all inclusive resort nightly entertainment reservation system chairs and umbrellas
Selected filters
Reviewed June 15, 2019 via mobile

The beach is the best thing about this resort. It is crystal clear and warm, you could literally spend hours in it. The food at this resort is tasteless and poor quality. The only specialty restaurant we tried was the steakhouse and neither one of us liked or could finish our steaks. Just bad. Also reiterating what everyone else has said about waiting in line well before 6 pm to even think about having something to eat other than buffet, ridiculous. The service is spotty. A few mornings of our stay I had to pull down my own chairs and table to the beach because there was either a) no one to be found well after 8 am or b) someone was there but showed no interest of helping (unless you handed them some cash). Bartenders were friendly. Drinks were actually good. I enjoyed the Pinot Grigio, strawberry daiquiris and the draft beer. There was no welcome drink at check in, no explanation about dinner, there were a couple of activities around the pool/beach. No service at the beach and even at the pool they would hardly look at you to avoid seeing if you needed something. This resort is good for a quick last minute trip where you’re not expecting much. Proximity to Atlantis is good for gamblers and people just looking for something else to do. We even paid $$ to eat there one night just to avoid the food at this resort. Go for the beach and the drinks, don’t if good food and service mean something to you.

Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank alliemaclachlan
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Allie,

Thank you for your time in providing feedback about your recent stay with us.

We are truly sorry for the disappointment and frustration you experienced during your recent visit at our Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island, as we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience to our guests.

For this reason we are very sorry to know you found your stay to be lacking, and it seems to have let you down in a number of areas. This was certainly not our intention and we can assure you that the experience you encountered is not typical of our hotel and definitely does not meet our standards.

We are reviewing your comments with our involved team internally in case our standards have not been fulfilled at some point. Feedback such as yours helps us in focusing on any failings to the standards we strive for.

Again, my apologies for an unsatisfactory stay with us and we would like the opportunity to welcome you back to one of our worldwide available hotels in the near future and to provide a more superior experience and to prove that your unsatisfactory stay was an exception!

With our best wishes we remain,

Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island
Online Reputation Manager

Reviewed June 14, 2019

My husband and I very much enjoyed our visit here. The staff was all super nice and helpful. The food is great. Unlimited adult beverages can’t complain there. The rooms are clean and comfy. They accidentally gave us the wrong room our first day (it was still very nice!). The next day our room was upgraded substantially!!! We are already planning the next trip!

Overall The Bahamas has been our favorite vacation spot!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2019

This is my first time at an all inclusive and I must say RIU has left a lot to be desired. The late night food choices are minimal and is basically stadium food. The pool closed at 6pm. It’s an adult only hotel with elementary school curfews. The lobby and bottom floor of the hotel has smelled like sewage since our arrival and I’m amazed management walks around as if they cannot smell the odor. It’s not subtle at all: I was going to wait until I got home to write a review but I’m currently sleepy but wide awake because when I went to the bathroom there was a roach waiting for me. I’m glad I’ll be leaving tomorrow. If I could check out and leave tonight I would. I can’t believe I spent the kind of money I did to be killing roaches. And I can’t see myself having a good nights sleep tonight. Extremely disappointed. I would not suggests this hotel to anybody. The unfortunate thing for the RIU brand is I hear from other guests that the RIU in other locations are a lot better than this one but based on my stay here I would probably not choose any RIU brand hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank btraveler40
Reviewed June 13, 2019

My friends and I stayed at the Riu and had a wonderful stay. Beautiful beaches and great staff. Our room was in a good condition. The dresser drawers kind of smellled causing our clothes to smell a bit, our patio door never seemed to latch and there was a missing panel of the bathroom mirror frame. The shower was amazing! The mini bar was always stocked. Plenty of towels in the bathroom. The staff was always very nice and fun to be around. Static & Brooks...I think that were their names, Very nice and engaging. We never went hungry and enjoyed every meal. Only one night we ran in to issues in the Japanese resturant. Rude service and the sushi was gummy and had been sitting out. After two rude encounters with the waiters we left and spoke to a manager. They took care of us the next night. There was another waiter Deon who was always a delight. You can walk across the parking lot to the Alantis complex.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 13, 2019

The staff was great, they were always ready to assist us with anything we needed without any delay. The peas and rice was all I wanted . The restaurants were ok but I wasn't particularly impressed with the selection. Our room was overall good, nothing out of the norm. One thing that stuck out to me as weird was the liquor. It seemed a bit watered down. I guess that is to be expected. If traveling around town the taxis right out from were a bit rude and priced higher than the ones just around the corner.

Date of stay: June 2019
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear QuickAsEver,

We are glad to learn that overall you had a good experience during your stay at our Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island! We appreciate that you highlight the great customer service provided by our staff members, your comfortable room and also that you were provided with your desired peas and rice!

Nevertheless, we lament that we could not fully meet your taste with our beverage offer. However, we would like to clarify that all alcoholic beverages served at RIU Hotels & Resorts are purchased bottled and sealed, from reliable suppliers whose products pass all internal and external quality, safety and hygiene controls.

We hope to host you again in one of our worldwide hotels in the future!

Greetings,