We chose the RIU paradise island to celebrate our 30th anniversary. We were not sorry. For the price we paid we had excellent food, drink and weather. The hotel was at full capacity at the time we stayed and the service was still good. The beach is easily accessed .The hotel pool was clean and cool. There is a swim up bar so you don't even have to get out of the water to have a Pina Colada! The bartenders inside and outside were very friendly and very generous with the alcohol in the drinks. The breakfast lunch and dinner buffets were excellent with different choices each day along with the old standby's. Having the lunch buffet open at poolside made it convienient and the extended hours of the buffet had to please everyone. The beach is the same as the Atlantis offers...beautiful unspoiled clear water with little waves. We plan to return in January with our children.
The only negative I can think of is the waiting in line for a reservation to the "specialty" restaurants. We did eat at the Steak House one evening and it was good but I preferred the many many choices the buffet offered. I did not stand in line for the other restaurants but was told they were good.
The Atlantis is literally just across the parking lot from this hotel and is much more crowded and expensive. We were able to view the many marine exhibits and use the casino of the Atlantis without paying the ridiculous prices of their accomodations.
Just a warning that has nothing to do with the RIU-do not book your vacation via US Air. They managed to loose our luggage on a direct flight from Philadelphia!!! The desk manager at the RIU said that was a frequent occurance! Consider yourself warned. Fly another airline and enjoy the RIU! Marsia Kohanski Scranton Pa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Paradise Island (the Bahamas), 3 km/1.8 Miles from Nassau * 100 m/328 ft from "Atlantis", the largest casino in the Caribbean * 14-story building * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 3 km/1.8 Miles to downtown Nassau * 200 m/656 ft from various shops * 25 km/15.5 Miles from the airport * 200 m/656 ft from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Discover ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Evoline ltd, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Paradise Island Hotel Paradise Island
- Riu Hotel Paradise Island
- Paradise Island Sheraton
- Paradise Island Riu Hotel
- Riu Paradise Island Bahamas
- Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island Bahamas