I had to write a review after reading so many negative reviews before my trip. I stayed 4 nights over the Labor Day holiday. When we checked in there was a lady w/a tray of Rum punch at the reception area to greet you. The hotel location is right on the beach and the views are amazing - every day! I upgraded to an Ocean Front king and the room was very clean and spacious (walk-in closet), clean bathroom. Mini-bar and refrigerator in room (mini fridge was stocked w/sodas & water). Simply amazing views and the balcony was large.
I really liked the food at the buffet & was always able to find something I loved. Only ate at 2 of the specialty restaurants and the Japanese was the best. Wouldn't waste my time at Krystal - too gourmet for my taste.
Swim up pool bar - Great! Drinks were so good!
Don't see what all the riff was about in the other reviews about the locals at the beach. All they're trying to do is make a living & will leave you be if you tell them you aren't interested. We actually waited until our last day & rented Jet Ski's from them. Had a blast w/that & negotiated our price.
Didn't catch any of the nightly entertainment - mostly by choice. Enjoyed sitting in front of the hotel in the nice lounge sets and catching a breeze.
A few must do's -
1. There is a pond nearby (walking distance) that is full of turtles and fish. Take some bread from the buffet and walk off your meal and feed the fish & turtles. Very enjoyable!
2. Powerboat adventures - Incredible full day excursion - well worth the $$ and the crew is so friendly. You will be tried when you get back to the hotel.
In summary - the RIU is a lovely place to stay & you can't beat the location and food/drink options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Paradise Island (the Bahamas), 3 km/1.8 Miles from Nassau * 100 m/328 ft from "Atlantis", the largest casino in the Caribbean * 14-story building * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 3 km/1.8 Miles to downtown Nassau * 200 m/656 ft from various shops * 25 km/15.5 Miles from the airport * 200 m/656 ft from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Discover ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, RIU Hotels and Resorts, BookIt.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Paradise Island Hotel Paradise Island
- Riu Hotel Paradise Island
- Paradise Island Sheraton
- Paradise Island Riu Hotel
- Riu Paradise Island Bahamas
- Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island Bahamas