Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island
Comfort Suites Paradise Island(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$322
$251
Bay View Suites Paradise Island(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$150
$559
  • Beachfront
Sunrise Beach Clubs and Villas(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$221
Orbitz.com
$1,325
$309
Hotels.com
5,111 results
All reviewsspecialty restaurantssir alexanderriu staffjet skia la cartesnightly entertainmentswim up barall inclusive hotelstraw marketday passnegative reviewsocean frontnachosmajestic tourspool sidewater taxicable beach
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed the week of July 4th and I was a little scared to go after reading all the reviews. Some things I read were true, some weren't. The hotel is very clean, staff is extremely polite, BUT there's absolutely not any entertainment, except for the bar at night. If you have children, do not make the mistake I did. Go to Atlantis, instead. This hotel is more for people in their 20s who want to get drunk. You have to be downstairs at least by 7:20am everyday to wait in the long line for reservations to one of the restaurants, otherwise, you'll be eating buffet, which is the SAME everyday, so my daughter and I ate salads, pasta and fruit everyday. (They only have hamburgers and hot dogs as the main dish) Is this fair for paying an all inclusive hotel? I don't think so. If you are there for the alcoholic drinks, go for it!, if not, avoid it!. (Umbrellas $25 a day!). Hope this helps.

5  Thank Rocio C
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed 4th of July week. Very crowded. Restaurants were booked in advance every night so it was buffet over an over again. Pool was so crowded by the afternoon it was standing room only and dirty to the point I would not get in. 4th floor room was nice, clean, small balcony but nice view of the beach. Maid service was good. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank donnabq
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Visited the Riu the first week of July 2013, saw a lot of bad reviews on here so I was leery. Was very pleasantly surprised! While checking in we were immediately greeted with drinks. Our rooms were not ready (we arrived prior to check in time) so they told us to go have some lunch and check back in a few minutes. The service was awesome. Staff was very friendly and so eager to help you. The hotel and rooms were very clean. However, being a tropical location we had some dampness in our room, nothing too bad though. Breakfast (one morning we were greeted to a mimosa bar) and Lunch buffets were great, dinner I was not a huge fan of but it was edible.Breakfast and lunch food choices basically stayed the same (though a nice selection), each night at dinner was a different theme (Italian, Mexican, Bahamian, Greek) one night their was even lobster tails on the buffet which was a nice surprise. Room service foods were great as well. I never tried any of the on site restaurants as I did not want to wake up early to stand in line to make reservations. I was pleased with the pool area, chairs were always available. However, the hot tub is located inside the pool and was actually just a couple degrees warmer than the pool it self. The alcoholic drinks were available at all the bars, restaurants, breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets. The drinks seemed weak, but if you ask the bartender for extra alcohol in it they will gladly oblige. Also, the drinks tend to get stronger once you start tipping a few dollars to the bartender. Tips or no tips the staff was exceptionally friendly and the hotel was very clean and a great value. There are beach vendors that will ask if you want jet skis or hair braids or drinks, just say no thank you and they never bother you again. Entertainment wise they are lacking, but each evening the staff tries hard to work up some form of entertainment in the cocktail lounge area. This resort is literally less than a 2 minute walk into the Atlantis property ( which is way overrated in my opinion, too crowded, too fancy but plenty to do there) I purchased 3 slices of pizza and a water for $30 at Atlantis, just to give you an idea of how expensive that place is. We did take the Blue Lagoon Island excursion while we were there, which you can book in the hotel lobby, it was AMAZING. Even if you do not swim with the dolphins, the boat ride to the private island is beautiful, the island itself is gorgeous with plenty of lawn chairs, hammocks, water sports rentals, inflatable waterpark and even a few inflatables to float in the lagoon while you visit. Prices of food and drink on Blue Lagoon Island were fair as well.

5  Thank 185sunshine168
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Had an amazing vacation. Originally we had a room on the 12th floor. This room was kind of small considering we had two small children with us. We paid an extra $500 to upgrade to an Ocean Front room. This room was AMAZING! You need to get this room. It was so spacoious and the balcony had to be twenty feet in lenghth. The pool was fun and relaxing. We would go there in the morning and no problems getting chairs. In the afternoon we would go to the beach. They really don't bother you at all on the beach. You say no once to the vendors and they walk right by you and tell you to enjoy your vacation. The food was Amazing. WQe eat at the buffet every night because you had to wait in line for over an hour to make reservations at one of the restaurants which was crazy!!! They need to change this policy. Don't do the Atlantis waterpark. It's a ripoff! You can go there for free after 6pm. Went to bed early so didn't stay up for the entertainment. The room service was a joke. They only had like 3 cold items on the list. Overall it was an amazing vacation with the family. To make this vacation more relaing you defiently need to get the Ocean FRONT room not the Ocean View. The room is three times the size. I will defiently go back here. I don't know where all these bad reviews come from. I have been to may UPscale places and this place is perfect for the money. You get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Ocean Front room. It's a must or Family Suite room. The other rooms are way too small. Pay the extra $400 its way worth it!
4  Thank jeff d
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed here from July 1-July 7th with my family. Hotel was at 100% capacity and was very busy. We were originally given a room on the 9th floor that was across from the elevators. We asked the front desk for a quieter location and was offered a room on the 3rd floor. The carpets on the 3rd floor were stained and pulling up. This hotel needs to make immediate repairs to this carpet. Our room was average. We paid for 3 adults and they had two double beds pushed together. When we inquired about the sleeping conditions, the front desk personnel said that is what you paid for. Well, had I known that there were 2 small beds pushed together, I would have reconsidered. It was quite uncomfortable and the only solution was a "roll away" bed which would barely fit into the small room. This hotel needs to make changes with how they schedule reservations for their restaurants. To eat in the restaurants, you must get in line early. I just took my Kindle with me and read while I waited for the hostess to arrive. Our favorite restaurants were the Steakhouse and the Krystal fusion. Our food was tasty and the steaks were very tender and seasoned very well. Carl was a wonderful waiter in Krystal fusion restaurant. Breakfast buffet was great. Enjoyed the fresh juice station each day. We went over to the Atlantis but people who stayed there were complaining how expensive it was to eat there. We paid $23.00 for two hamburgers, two cokes, and two small bags of chips. The beach is beautiful but overcrowded due to the public beach being right beside the hotel. Many local folks selling their "wares" and the jet ski guys were annoying. The beaches were trashed by the cruise ship passengers and guests leaving garbage on the beach. The hotel should never offer cruise ship guests access to the hotel grounds for $100.00 a day when I was paying a lot more than that. Guess this is just another way for this hotel to make money. There are only 3 elevators for 15 floors. One elevator went down on Thursday night and was still not repaired when we left Sunday. It was extremely difficult to get an elevator. We had to use the stairway several times due to waiting over 10 minutes for an elevator. And WiFi only worked the first day and then stopped working. Some tips for a good stay: Do the Sandy Toes tour for $79.00 per person. They take you to a private island where you can swim and snorkel. The beach was not overcrowded and it was very relaxing. Atlantis Adventure park is $139.00 per person and is not worth it. It too was over crowded and had to wait in long lines for the slides. The shops in Nassau close by 6:00 pm so there is nothing to do in the evening. Just take the time to kick back and relax. I liked the fact that they kept the refrigerator stocked with water and soda. Overall we had fun but the hotel manager really needs to do rounds on the hotel and initiate some major overhauling so guests will be comfortable when there and recommend this hotel to friends and family.

4  Thank qtmama