We arrived at the RIU on Sunday afternoon. The check in staff were very pleasant and efficient. When we arrived in our room, it was evident that it was well used and abused. The (old model) TV was not working and it was a double bedded room. We requested a king bedded room.The patio furniture was dated and damaged.The tub was difficult to maneuver. The handicap bars on the wall near the tub seem to indicate that there may have been some accidents or slipping.
The food at the buffet was moderate, but the staff were consistently most congenial. It was clear that they made every effort to be helpful to their guests. Dishes were picked up in a timely fashion from the table and all requests made to the staff were immediately taken care of.
We ate at most of the restaurants. However, only two are worth noting. The hostess at the Japanese Tengoku restaurant and staff were wonderful. The shrimp tempura, soup, and desserts were excellent and we returned again.
The meal and service at Sir Alexander were quite good as well.
The pool (although small) was cleaned every day and the beach was well groomed. I must admit, the redeeming quality of this location is the beach.
Would we return? The location is terrific. It is within walking distance to the Atlantis, where we spent our evenings. I think no more than 4 nights here would be sufficient. We would not consider this to be a top star all inclusive. If you don't expect premium liquors, high quality meals, or superior rooms, then you will enjoy this RIU.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Paradise Island (the Bahamas), 3 km/1.8 Miles from Nassau * 100 m/328 ft from "Atlantis", the largest casino in the Caribbean * 14-story building * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 3 km/1.8 Miles to downtown Nassau * 200 m/656 ft from various shops * 25 km/15.5 Miles from the airport * 200 m/656 ft from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, RIU Hotels and Resorts, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Paradise Island Hotel Paradise Island
- Riu Hotel Paradise Island
- Paradise Island Sheraton
- Paradise Island Riu Hotel
- Riu Paradise Island Bahamas
- Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island Bahamas