The value for the dollar is good. I will say that. However most of the reviews are very much correct. This place should not be a RIU and to call it 4 or 5 star is a joke.
Positives: The staff is extremely nice and friendly and have great attitudes. I was happy with them, they really are nice and the Bahamian people are just lovely. Rooms look nice and have good views. Food overall was actually very good and there was a nice variety in the buffets. Drinks were actually pretty good and if you ask for "barcardi" you'll get it versus well drinks. There was alot of cheap booze but what do you expect for an all inclusive. The bar staff is attentive and friendly and don't make you wait. Again, Good for an all-inclusive.
Negatives: There are many issues with this place. The most aggravating of all is the process for reserving a specialty restaurant. You must PHYSICALLY go to the ballroom at 8 am on your vacation (INSANE,YES) and then when I did that there was a 50 person line and by the time I got up there they gave away the last table for the night!!!!!!!! 40 minute wait for nothing on my vacation! Insane! And you can only reserve for that night and the following. Whoever thought this up has no concept of guest service and guest satisfaction. What a joke.
While the room was attractive the carpet was always damp and wet. So were the bedspreads. I don't know why. The safe constantly broke. The common areas were OK but kind of cheesy looking the way it is appointed. The buffets had a good selection and the food was good overall, but pidgeons and birds would get into the place and walk around eating scraps and jumping on tables. It was unsanitary. Also all the tablecloths and chairs were stained and need to all be replaced.
The pool was good looking but as other reviewers said there was scum and crap floating in the water which made me not go in. They tried to fish it out with nets but it really didn't work. And the worst of all was the "entertainment" that was screaming loud rap music and an EMCEE who was so unbelievably loud that you cannot relax and it went on for hours. So loud we couldn't escape it even when in the room!
The band was very good at night.
The beach was ok. lots of people selling their stuff. No big deal. It was very windy and rough but there is nothing they can do about that.
Atlantis is right next door and after 6 you can see the aquarium for free which is a great thing to do. The straw market and Pirate Museum in Nassau were also very good. Atlantis is nice but outrageously expensive, think double or triple normal US prices.
I will say we had a good time but there were many things Riu must fix. It really should be more of a Holiday Inn or something, it is NOT a luxury property. Would I got back? Probably not. Was it a bad deal? No. But they should really start over. What a great location that is wasted on their obvious desire to squeeze out profits at the sacrifice of the brand and the guests.
If your expectations are set, you can have a fun getaway. But don't set them too high.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 24-hour All Inclusive renovated in 2017, Adults Only Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island opens all year round, located on the beautiful Cabbage Beach, next to Atlantis, the biggest casino in the Caribbean. RIU Palace is the most elegant category in the RIU hotel chain, with hotels that meet the highest standards in terms of luxury, excellence and sophistication, creating a unique experience. The location is ideal due to its proximity to Lynden Pindling Airport (20 km) and Nassau (3.3 km) and invites you to explore the area. The hotel has 379 cozily furnished rooms with free Wi-Fi and offers many amenities. Relax in our spa, or get in shape at the gym or on the beach volleyball court. 2 outdoor pools. Day and evening entertainment. For lovers of gastronomy, we offer live cooking stations at our main restaurant, Japanese, Indian, Krystal Fusion restaurants and Steakhouse, as well as 3 bars and our Capuchino Patisserie & Ice Cream Parlor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Paradise Island Hotel Paradise Island
- Riu Hotel Paradise Island
- Paradise Island Sheraton
- Paradise Island Riu Hotel
- Riu Paradise Island Bahamas
- Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island Bahamas