After reading reviews, we decided to book with Atlantis Royal Towers, knowing that we needed to bring our checkbook! The price isn't even what has me not wanting to go back, but it's the cleanliness of our hotel room and bathroom. Absolutely awful! Mold in the shower, hair all over the place, in the shower on the bathroom floor, and in the sink. It was if they never vacuum or wipe down the place. The bed had glitter all over it as well as hair. The guest before us must have decided the floor in the room is the perfect place to spit your gum because we had sticky gum on the floor, just not right! I contacted the front desk and they said they'd send someone up. Nobody ever came. We stayed outside on the beach as much as possible and stayed out of the disgusting room, but people have to shower and sleep sometime. It really disturbed me, but the front desk seemed not to care. Thinking things can't get any worse, our second day there, the water was shut off and then when it was finally turned back on, the water was completely brown and not just for a few minutes, for hours. I called the front desk and they said to leave our faucet running for a while. Nice. Again thinking things couldn't get much worse, the power turned off, while I was in the shower, and it stayed off for well over 30 minutes. It went off again, but luckily I was out of the shower by that time. And to just top off everything that had gone wrong, the air conditioning unit in our room stopped working. Again, nobody came to fix it, despite the call to the front desk. So, my suggestion is to stay at one of the newer towers, steer clear of this dump if you want to experience the Atlantis.
I do have good things to say about the place. The pools were a lot of fun and the beaches were really nice. They have people there at their pools taking photographs and also have people taking photos on the beach at sunset, I highly recommend having them take your photos and then buy a cd with all the photos at the end of your trip.
The restaurants that you must eat at are Atlas Bar and Grill and Chop Stix (if you don't mind paying a fortune). Both have really great food and very friendly staff! If you want something a bit cheaper, try the Marina Pizzeria, really great pizza! Restaurants to steer clear of are Bimini Road and Murray's Deli, just not worth the money! The food isn't very good at all.
The Dolphin Cay is pretty cool, not worth the money though. It was a whole lot of sitting around doing nothing. We were pushed by a dolphin, which was amazing, but lasted all of a few seconds. You get to hug and kiss a dolphin, which was pretty cool.
We did something call the total package (you book it at the hotel, but it not affiliated with Atlantis). I highly recommend doing this!! It was a half day excursion where we went snorkeling, parasailing, jet skiing, rode a banana boat and got to hang out on a private beach away from Nassau. It was a lot of fun and was about $150/person. Go to the Tours and Excursions Center to book this!
We decided to get a massage at the Mandara Spa, we did a couple's stone massage. It was alright, but not worth the $500! Overall, I was disappointed with the hotel, but I am happy to have had the experience.
Now we know what to do when we come back...such as not stay at the Royal Towers. We did have a wonderful time despite everything that went wrong. We got to snorkel in beautiful water. The fish are already swimming around you before you even get waist deep in the water! That part was amazing and I am happy to have that experience. And we got to eat some really great food! What else do you expect on vacation?? Perhaps a clean hotel room....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal is the icon of Atlantis featuring the awe-inspiring mythology of the Lost City of Atlantis risen from the sea. From the artwork to the experiences, a stay at The Royal is larger than life, with intimate proximity to the world’s largest open air marine habitat situated at its center and the famed Atlantis casino by its side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Royal Towers Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Royal Hotel
- Atlantis Royal Paradise Island
- Atlantis Paradise Island Royal Towers
- Royal Towers Atlantis
- Royal Towers Of Atlantis
- Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island