7,101 results
All reviewsroyal towerswater parkwest towermeal planlazy riverdolphin cayper personmarina villagebimini roadfamily vacationmarine lifedining planjohnny rocketsrapid riverseafire steakhouseleap of faithbahamian club
Reviewed May 25, 2006

We stayed at Atlantis in May - We were there for 6 days, 5 nights - a perfect length in my opinion. We booked travel through JetBlue so did not have pre-arranged transportation. We took a cab to the hotel from the airport ($30 going and $27 coming back - they didn't charge us for our 2-year old on the way back).

We stayed at the Beach Towers. Our original room was right next to an elevator so I requested a change because of our toddler. Thankfully, I got a better room. The original room had a lovely "terrace view" of the major construction going on! I wasn't expecting much in these rooms based on previous reviews, so it was a good thing my expectations were low - it really is no better than a Holiday Inn.

Housekeeping was very inconsistent. When we first went in, it was clean but there was still used soap & shampoo in the tub. And there was only 1 hand towel & bath towel. Our room was only cleaned every other day. Hubby found the towel closet so we just grabbed all we needed.

We never left the facility. Just did the beach, pool & aquarium/marine life every day. Marina Village was very nice as well. The aquarium is pretty neat. We did walk over the Royal towers side to go to another kiddie pool & it's like you're going into another world. the landscaping is beautiful over there. As one of our friends commented, the beach towers is more like the "jersey side".

Dining was expensive. Thanks to great advice here we saved $ by bringing milk & cereal so had breakfast in every morning except for coffee. Here is where we ate:
Mama Loo's - very disappointing. They were so unfriendly and the food was only so-so. Carmine's - the best deal if you are traveling in a large group or with another family. We were traveling with another couple so it worked out well to split meals. We ate there twice since we enjoyed it so much. ~$100 bucks for a meal to serve 4 adults / 2 kids, without drink.
Shark Bites -great for a quick and relatively affordable lunch.
Bimini Road was only so-so for us for lunch but very friendly there
Johnny Rockets is a sure crowd pleaser with the kids. It's just like at home, but service was poor.
Bahamian club - our splurge meal. Very $$, and a bit disappointing. For the price (and for less), I have had better food. This was a little disappointing.

Relative to hospitality and service, we found this to be up and down as well. Getting into the bahamas was easy. Coming out was aggravating. Had to go through security twice, very slow etc etc.

All in all, a great resort if you have kids or enjoy the pools and beaches. I wouldn't go back again any time soon as I would like to go try some other places. It is very expensive, but convenient in that we didn' t need a car rental since we never left the property. There were enough pools, beaches, and marine life to keep us occupied for 6 days.

• Stayed: May 2005
15  Thank lil_acorn
Reviewed May 5, 2006

Stayed at the Royal Towers and enjoyed every minute. Would highly recommend for couples, singles and familes, there is something there for everyone. We were located on the 16th floor of the towers and had a beautiful view. Expected more from the room such as double sinks, maybe a whirpool tub but I feel we paid for the view and convience of location. I'm sure all the towers are great and close to various attractions. In the future I would consider trying Coral and Beach towers. We used the dining plan and really felt it was worth the money and convenience. We enjoyed the Marketplace so much, we ate breakfasts and dinners there all but 1 night. Tried the seafood buffet at WaterEdge but was not impressed, infact, the manager was kind enough to refund our dinner and we proceeded back to the Marketplace. Selection was great, made to order omelets in morn, stir-fry for dinner, steak, ham, pork, turkey sliced to order and I couldn't resist the chocolate fountain to dip fresh fruit and marshmellows along with pies, cakes, cookies, jellow and ice cream! The pools were fantastic, enjoyed the lazy river, leap of faith and slides through the shark pool can't be missed.Children were well-behaved and atmospher was friendly. Be sure also to make time in your schedule to watch the feedings of the sharks and stingrays. Weather was fantastic, 84 degrees and no humidity. Beach is a short walk along with the marina for shopping and island atmosphere. Tried the spa, be sure to book early as they had a non-stop line for massages and facials. Plenty of walking and enjoyed casual strolls through the aqariums. I am a devoted Disney traveler and must say that I feel this hotel rates up there with the Grand Floridian and Yacht Club for service, cleanliness, courtesy, variety and friendliness. Hotel service was excellent, mistakenly ordered a movie and it was immediately credited. Never left the hotel grounds, plenty to do, see, eat, enjoy.

• Stayed: April 2006
27  Thank LANDAOZ
Reviewed May 4, 2006

The overall feel of the resort is nice. The beach and pool areas are great. The bad news is the room was awful! The Royal Towers are supposed to be the nicest rooms on the propery, selling for $350 USD and up per night. We were there on award trip through my company and I felt as if it wasn't an award at all. Our room had dirty carpet, an AC unit which was unadequate to keep our room cool even though the temperature outside never reached over 85 F, the bathroom light fixture was coming out of the wall, the wall switches and covers were all rusting and discolored, and the shower curtain was discolored. I have stayed at many Hampton Inn hotels for less than $80 USD and they have all been nicer than this. I loved the hospitality of the Bahamian people and took advantage of the lower prices on luxury goods, but I will never stay at the Atlantis again. As though the room being awful wasn't enough, be prepared to pay dearly for any food/drinks purchased. Two cocktails by the pool equals $21 USD. Everything you eat/drink has 15% gratuity added so don't expect good service as they don't care because you don't have any control over the tip. What a disappointment!!

• Stayed: May 2006
19  Thank Travel2312
Reviewed May 1, 2006

My husband arranged our trip to Atlantis to celebrate my birthday! He spent a significant amount of time researching the trip in order to plan a perfect long-weekend get-away. Overall, Atlantis was better than we expected. As a couple without kids looking for a little bit of adventure and activity, we were surprised at how well orchestrated the facility ran and how beautiful the grounds were maintained. In many ways, it is the Disney of the Bahamas - a perfect place for kids or youthful adults looking for different options to satisfy any persons desire.

The most pleasant surprises:
1) Dining. Elegant/fine dining was exceptional. Cafe Martinique was memorable. Nobu was enjoyable. Ocean Club Dune was outstanding. Service at the fine restaurants were fantastic - and the food was superb.
2) Cleanliness. No ants. Clean pool and surrounding areas. The flowers, the statues, the acquarium...that's when we felt like we were at Disney. And, having no kids on vacation, we didn't mind the little ones running all around. The place is spacious!
3) Accomodations. Room was great - Nice bedding and decor with a fantastic ocean view in the Royal Towers. And, the high def TV was a perk - especially when we wanted to relax in our room with the balcony door open. And, the best part - the Transit Lounge (for the day when you are departing and you have an afternoon flight) is fantastic so you can store your stuff and shower before leaving the complex.

The common "issues":
1) Service. We're in the Bahamas and shouldn't the staff have at least a friendly "attitude"? Most were unresponsive and unfriendly. Even when we checked in, our clerk didn't even lift her head. Nor was our room ready (common trend...and we checked in after 3 pm). And, when our pre-arranged dinner reservations were cancelled, we were not notified in advance so we had to scramble to make other arrangements (keep in mind, everything was BOOKED solid so we had to push hard to get into a restaurant that same night - it wasn't easy).
2) Expense. I will always tip and pay gratuity for service and hospitality. However, the 15% gratuity on EVERYTHING is a little over the top. It actually frustrated me that whether I was getting my own sandwhich outside by the pool or ordering from the pool waitstaff, there was the automatic 15%. I don't mind paying 15% (and usually I'd pay 20% as my underlying rule) when someone is helpful and providing a service but when I'm getting a sandwhich thrown at me across the counter, I don't see why we need to pay more. Oh well! Plus, we tipped our room every night, only to find an additional $20/gratuity added onto the bill at the end of the trip. They claimed it was for the room servicing even though the bellman and housekeeping are said to be "discretionary". They find a way to get that last nickle from you. Be prepared.
3) Racing speed slides. Ouch! Careful if you are over the height requirement. The water is shallow at the very bottom of these two racing slides. I ended up cutting and bruising my elbow when I hit bottom and my husband had a long scrape on his back. I think they need to make it a little deeper for safety's sake! The rest of the slides - fantastic. I was in my youthful element.

Overall, the place exceeded my expectations based on pervious reviews. I would definitely bring my kids when that time comes. My husband and I had a blast. Just be aware of the common issues so they don't weigh down your spirits. Enjoy!

Stayed: May 2006
29  Thank Sunshine24163
Reviewed April 5, 2006

Me and my wife stayed as guests at Atlantis, Coral towers for four nites. The service was good. Although prices of food and any other neccessities were very high, but I think compared to what else is available, they are ok.

But I would try to make some arrangements for those who do not want to spend as much.

• Stayed: April 2006