We stayed at Atlantis in May - We were there for 6 days, 5 nights - a perfect length in my opinion. We booked travel through JetBlue so did not have pre-arranged transportation. We took a cab to the hotel from the airport ($30 going and $27 coming back - they didn't charge us for our 2-year old on the way back).
We stayed at the Beach Towers. Our original room was right next to an elevator so I requested a change because of our toddler. Thankfully, I got a better room. The original room had a lovely "terrace view" of the major construction going on! I wasn't expecting much in these rooms based on previous reviews, so it was a good thing my expectations were low - it really is no better than a Holiday Inn.
Housekeeping was very inconsistent. When we first went in, it was clean but there was still used soap & shampoo in the tub. And there was only 1 hand towel & bath towel. Our room was only cleaned every other day. Hubby found the towel closet so we just grabbed all we needed.
We never left the facility. Just did the beach, pool & aquarium/marine life every day. Marina Village was very nice as well. The aquarium is pretty neat. We did walk over the Royal towers side to go to another kiddie pool & it's like you're going into another world. the landscaping is beautiful over there. As one of our friends commented, the beach towers is more like the "jersey side".
Dining was expensive. Thanks to great advice here we saved $ by bringing milk & cereal so had breakfast in every morning except for coffee. Here is where we ate:
Mama Loo's - very disappointing. They were so unfriendly and the food was only so-so. Carmine's - the best deal if you are traveling in a large group or with another family. We were traveling with another couple so it worked out well to split meals. We ate there twice since we enjoyed it so much. ~$100 bucks for a meal to serve 4 adults / 2 kids, without drink.
Shark Bites -great for a quick and relatively affordable lunch.
Bimini Road was only so-so for us for lunch but very friendly there
Johnny Rockets is a sure crowd pleaser with the kids. It's just like at home, but service was poor.
Bahamian club - our splurge meal. Very $$, and a bit disappointing. For the price (and for less), I have had better food. This was a little disappointing.
Relative to hospitality and service, we found this to be up and down as well. Getting into the bahamas was easy. Coming out was aggravating. Had to go through security twice, very slow etc etc.
All in all, a great resort if you have kids or enjoy the pools and beaches. I wouldn't go back again any time soon as I would like to go try some other places. It is very expensive, but convenient in that we didn' t need a car rental since we never left the property. There were enough pools, beaches, and marine life to keep us occupied for 6 days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The iconic Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection is the most reflective of mythical Atlantis, featuring grand architecture, artwork and design. Standard rooms at Paradise Island hotel have one king or two queen beds, a sitting area, and French balconies, while suites have full balconies. All rooms and suites offer terrace, harbour or water views. These towers are closest to Mandara Spa, the Fitness Center, Aquaventure, Atlantis Kids Adventures, The Dig, Casino, two main pools, and several gourmet dining options. It's easy to enjoy the pristine white beaches of Paradise Island and gorgeous lagoons from our resort hotel in the Bahamas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Royal Towers Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Royal Hotel
- Atlantis Royal Paradise Island
- Atlantis Paradise Island Royal Towers
- Royal Towers Atlantis
- Royal Towers Of Atlantis
- Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island