Comfort Suites Paradise Island(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$366
$251
$364
Riu.com
  • Breakfast included
$174
Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas - All Inclusive(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$335
$284
Bookit.com
$592
$479
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
Bay View Suites Paradise Island(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$268
$93
Priceline
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $104/night.

Club Land'or Resort(Paradise Island)
$138
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Sunrise Beach Clubs and Villas(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$199
$187
$1,125
$591
Hotelpower.com
7,032 results
All reviewsroyal towerswater parkwest towerlazy rivermeal plandolphin cayper personmarina villagebimini roadfamily vacationmarine lifedining planrapid riverjohnny rocketsleap of faithseafire steakhousebahamian club
Reviewed September 8, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Royal Towers during labor day weekend. Having read a few reviews here, we stopped by the duty free store at JFK and picked up a bottle of liquor, which came in handy. We also did not touch the minibar after hearing about reviews. Overall we had a wonderful time and our favorite part was the waterpark and casino. The resort is great, the rooms are just disappointing.
Negative aspects : The rooms were rather old and not very clean. The bathroom floor was sticky, bring you flipflops. The water in the sink and tub was yellow, we called the "prompt response" number, the lady sounded extremely annoyed with us, and told us to run the water for 25 minutes. We had dinner reservations in 30 mins, so you can imagine how annoyed we were. On saturday, all the pool chairs were taken before 11am, so we had to walk around a lot to find one just to put out stuff on.
Positives: Enjoyed the casino and the beach. There were plenty of pools, so you could always find one that wasnt crowded. The water park is phenomial, as is the aquarium, we did not leave the resort at all during our trip because there was so much to see and do within atlantis. All the restaurants were great, we ate at Nobu (yellowtail jalapeno roll- to die for) and mesa grill which were both fabulous. You can get affordable sandwiches by the pool. The casino was a lot of fun also, very friendly staff. Did not have a chance to try the nightclub.
It seems really great for families, there was tons to keep kids occupied. It was great for us, and might be good for couples who don't mind the kids running around everywhere. This is a place we would go back to as long as we got a good deal. I dont think we would pay full price considering the rooms.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vortex28
Reviewed September 7, 2009

I visit the resort about twice a year and just returned from a long weekend trip for labor day. While the water park itself is still great and lots of fun, the hotel and spa are on a pretty serious decline. The two times I ordered room service I did not receive an accurate order and the food was below par. I didn't complain because there was no one to complain to. When I asked to speak with a manager over room service I was forwarded to a line with no answer. I also didn't receive a wake up call so be sure to bring your own alarm. The room was not very clean and hadn't been vacuumed in a long time... bring flip flops for room & shower. I went to the spa and was first given a dirty robe and the shoes were not cleaned either. I went to the Mandara spa when it first opened and felt the amenities were nice but now, nothing works (steam room broken) and it's not kept up to quality standards. I enjoyed the actual service though.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank MishelkaL
Reviewed September 6, 2009

Let me start by saying - money isn't an issue for me, I make a lot - so this review should be read NOT as someone who couldn't afford it. It became the principal of it.. If you have traveled to other resorts in the Bahamas, Dominican or Caymen's - this place will not WOW you. It's like every other 3-4 star resort, but MUCH more expensive.

For example: a can of spray sunblock you can buy in the states for $8-9 - try $30 there. A 4 cut, personal pan pizza for my 3 year old daughter - $13.50. Small coffee and Small Chocolate milk - $10. So, whatever you THINK you need - DOUBLE it.

The room rate does not include: $10.50 a day vistor tax, $10.50 a day sales tax, $13.50 a day MAID GRATUTITY and $30.00 a day for UTILITIES. So, add all this plus the room rate they quote you and that is your per day cost.

I will say, the staff was great and helpful whenever you needed something. YOu can "Tip" one of the pool guys and they will get you chairs in the morning even though they aren't suppose too..

Last thing - EVERYTHING has a 15% gratutity added.. Buy a back of chips - YUP.. Smoothie - YUP..

So, if you have NEVER been to a resort like this - you will think you have died and gone to heaven. If you have traveled before, you won't hate it, but you won't have any WOW factor..

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank travelerfromohio1026
Reviewed September 5, 2009

Lovely grounds, beautiful waterways and attractions.
1 1/2 hour check-in, room not ready at 4pm. Bell staff stole $200 cash from our luggage, blamed it on the airlines (but some luggage was carry-on and did not leave our sight). Said cameras in storage room prevent theft.. but why did it take them 45 minutes to deliver the luggage? Reimbursed missing funds only after my filing a police report (the station is nearby).
Hotel facilities awful. Toilet was broken at arrival, and repaired after 4 requests. Then toilet broke and flooded my room in the middle of the night. Another hour to have this serviced. Two fire alarms during the night with loud speakers. Radio broken, and the room safe could only be opened by hotel staff, not the guest.
Visit and enjoy the grounds. Would recommend staying at a nice hotel on the island instead of this one.

• Stayed: June 2007
3  Thank rtravels2go
Reviewed September 4, 2009

Yes its expensive, but the good news, after setting all of your expectations based upon reading all the other reviews, it won't be THAT expensive. You know what you are getting into for room rate, so that is your decision. After that, it is basically food. On the subject of the food plan, I wish I could have had better info from this site -- but it seemed to be a somewhat evasive subject. I'll try to be clearer. We are a family of four, staying four nights -- with two teenage girls. They don't like to eat big, but have a tendency to want to eat often. My wife is similar; me I can eat a lot at one time and be set for hours. For us, no way was a meal plan going to be a good option. I think, even on casual plan, it was appetizer, soup/salad, entree and dessert -- Uh huh, No way. We went ala carte. Here was our strategy: Took a cab (its $40) from the airport. Asked him to stop at a grocery store (an additional $10). I always tip 20%, so total fee is $60. BTW - The Atlantis shuttle would have been $32 (plus $5 tip, i.e., $37) without the grocery store (this was key), and you would have to wait for shuttle and to load/unload plus several other hotel stops along the way. The extra $28 was well worth it. At the store, one case of water ($20) plus munchie food and breakfast bars -- another $30, so total bill for grocer is $50.

We packed with us several zip lock bags and a small, collapseble polar cooler that we picked up in our local supermarket for $5.00. Each morning, we would pack 6 bottles of water, a zip lock full of ice (easy enough to obtain), breakfast bars, chips, fruit, etc. in other zip locks. For coffee drinkers, here is a tip -- the best deal at Atlantis: Starbucks at the Marina $2.95 for a venti (that's Xlg) coffee. I think I pay more at home. Anyway, we would park ourselves by the pool or beach we where we beginning our day, and have 'breakfast'. Around 1:00 'ish, we would eat at one of the local fares. Here's where it gets good. You can find places with a wrap or sandwich and chips for about $10.00. Then you seat your self, aka food court style and eat, -- with a bottle of store bought cold water. At Plato's (inside Royal Towers) for sure, and other places I think, add $2.50 to get a softdrink -- BTW, Platos makes very good paninis for the same price. Or you can have a full salad (very fresh), sandwich/wrap, fries and softdrink in a more traditional dinig option, like sharkbites, for $20/head. YEs, its pricey -- but is it any more so than what you would expect at a hotel or resort? So figure between $10 - 20 per day/per head for lunch.

Maybe a piece of fruit, or a couple of cookies in the afternoon - and more cold water from our cooler, and we were set until dinner. Ok, so sometimes, I would splurge on smoothies ($8 each) in the afternoon. The pools/slides close at 7:00, so each night we would have a late dinner, around 8:45. We followed the restaurants on the casual meal plan, except for the last night. We ate a Chop Sticks (2 appetizers; 4 soft drinks; 4 entries = $175); Murrays (Hot open sandwiches and soft drinks ($100); Carmine's -- which we all liked very much -- the Carmines salad -- very tasty and easily enough for six; chicken parm and pasta -- plenty for four; and side of meatballs - enough for 6) and softdrinks = $140. Then, we treated ourselves to the Mesa Grill-- my girls split an appetizer and entree, so 3 appetizers, 3 entrees and softdrinks - $250. All the meals came with sufficient food to fill all our bellies, with no room for dessert.

When comparing above to a food plan, keep in mind the following: First on the negative side (1) we did not have the buffet food plans for breakfast (load up for the day) or dinner. The prices there were $25 and $50 respectively per adult., and (2) we did not each have the 3-4 course meals (we wouldn't have finished anyway). On the positive side (1) the prices I supplied included softdrinks and 20% tip -- which are added costs to the food plan. Discount my costs by about 25% for a true comparison; (2) I saved at least $400 as compared to the food plan; and (3) my way included the highly trendy, highly expensive Mesa Grill experience

BTW -- all staff and cab drivers are extremely nice and helpful. We hooked up with Ronald Mackey (sole propreitor) for Big Dipper Transit for a one morning excursion to Nassau and then later, back to airport. We made pre-arranged appointments, which he honored every time. Email Ronald at [--] for a price quote and to meet you at the airport.

Hope this helps!