We just returned home from our 6 night stay at the Atlantis. We were there as part of a sales award trip for hubby, so we had some planned events, dinners, etc. to attend, but we also had a lot of free time.
ROOM: Royal Towers East, Harbor View, 16th Floor. The room was clean, a little dated, but nothing to complain about. When we arrived, they had us in a double room. We asked to be moved to a King and our request was granted with no problem.
ATLANTIS: This is a HUGE property. Be prepared to walk...a lot. No matter where you stay, you will inevitably find that something you want to do is on the other end of the property. Don't stress. Enjoy the walk...look around a bit, enjoy the sights.
POOLS: Pre-trip, I read a lot about people needing to go reserve pool chairs early in the morning. We did not experience this at all. Most days we didn't even try to find a chair until noonish. Yes, there are a lot of cruise ship passengers on site. No, it's not really a problem.
BEACHES: We spent most of our time at Cove Beach. One day we ventured over to Atlantis Beach, but were overcome by cigar smoke (and people selling cigars, flutes, hair braiding, etc.) and headed back over to Cove Beach. Never had a problem finding a beach chair at CB. This is a blessing and a curse...so many chairs on the beach make it seem crowded. On the other hand, we always had a chair. Pick your poison.
FOOD: Make reservations if you can before you go. If you can't get a ressie, don't give up. We were told Mesa Grill was booked, but we chanced it and walked over there. They seated us immediately and we had the best meal of our trip. Yes, the breakfast buffet is expensive ($32 pp), but it has a TON of food. Some days we ate breakfast, small snack during the day (are Pina Coladas considered a snack?), and then had dinner. Plenty of food options here at varying price points.
PEOPLE: I had read many reports of the staff being rude. We didn't have that experience at all. They were extremely nice, helpful, etc. Maybe in some instances you get what you give. Smile...be friendly....you'll get it back, I promise. The only extremely rude people we ran into on the entire trip were 2 ladies working TSA upon our departure...I mean, EXTREMELY rude.
OVERVIEW: Had a great trip. Don't know if I'll ever return since there are so many places to visit in our great world, but I'm glad I had this experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The iconic Royal Towers are the most reflective of mythical Atlantis, featuring grand architecture, artwork and design. Standard rooms have one king or two queen beds, a sitting area, and French balconies, while suites have full balconies. All rooms and suites offer terrace, harbour or water views. These towers are closest to Mandara Spa, the Fitness Center, Aquaventure, Atlantis Kids Adventures, The Dig, Casino, two main pools, and several gourmet dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and getaroom.com so you can book your Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Royal Towers Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Royal Hotel
- Atlantis Royal Paradise Island
- Atlantis Paradise Island Royal Towers
- Royal Towers Atlantis
- Royal Towers Of Atlantis
- Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island