First of all, we did know what we were in for with the cost of everything at Atlantis. And most of the staff was very friendly and accommodating. That said, our room in the Royal Towers was very average (the view was very nice though). The elevator was miles from our room. Our phone wasn't working and they didn't fix it for a couple days. It rang in the middle of the night a few times in the bathroom... yes, there was a phone right by the potty for some reason? They sent us a beautiful "welcome basket" which they later said was sent to the wrong guest room. With their tales between their legs, they called to ask for anything we didn't open back - really??? Then we kept getting calls about our "door", but we'd never called about a problem.
When we arrived at the hotel on Friday night at 5pm, all the pools were closed and could not be used? We asked why the hotel pool & all pools, hot tubs were closed at 5pm every night, but didn't get an answer. Plus, we were told many variations of answers from many of the staff when we asked if they had a "hot tub". No one really knew, or wanted us to know. We believe it's because they want travelers to spent money shopping in the Harborside or in the hotel "mall" between the Beach & Coral Towers - or gambling at the casino. We weren't on vacation to do that. We like to take a late night swim or relax in a hot tub.
The food at the Market was very good, but the cost for the kids ages 11 shouldn't be the same as the adults for the buffet ($60)... they just can't eat that much. The kids had blast at the waterpark, and loved the lagoon and the aquariums. So that part of the trip was excellent. Plus our dolphin adventure was fun, and the staff was wonderful there! They did take way too many photos, and it did feel a bit too commercial at the end- like it was all about the photos and not the "adventure". We bought the photo cd for $100 rather than purchase separate photos for a ton of $ each.
We wanted an extra night there since our plane went out a day late. The pools and grounds were nearly vacant on Tues/Wed, so we thought we'd ask to stay for the additional night rather than move to the other hotel we'd reserved outside Atlantis. Since we'd had some problems with our room, we thought they might give us a break on the $600/night charge - but that wasn't "possible" said the young man at the front desk, even after her "asked" the manager. That made us feel better about leaving. We ended up staying at Paradise Harbor Resort for only $167/night with a full suite, pool & right at the marina.
I understand that Atlantis has to pay for all the staff at the waterparks, aquariums & beaches, but they should also be more accommodating to their guests. That includes giving them free wifi, and other essentials that all hotels provide. If they were more customer focused they would have us as return customers. I believe that most visitors go once, then move on. They would be smart to understand the concept of repeat business. On the way home Jet Blue gave us that service and we will always go back to them now:)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The iconic Royal Towers are the most reflective of mythical Atlantis, featuring grand architecture, artwork and design. Standard rooms have one king or two queen beds, a sitting area, and French balconies, while suites have full balconies. All rooms and suites offer terrace, harbour or water views. These towers are closest to Mandara Spa, the Fitness Center, Aquaventure, Atlantis Kids Adventures, The Dig, Casino, two main pools, and several gourmet dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Royal Towers Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Royal Hotel
- Atlantis Royal Paradise Island
- Atlantis Paradise Island Royal Towers
- Royal Towers Atlantis
- Royal Towers Of Atlantis
- Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island