The Royal at Atlantis, Autograph Collection
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Comfort Suites Paradise Island(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$260
$198
Bay View Suites Paradise Island(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$140
Sunrise Beach Clubs and Villas(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$221
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas - All Inclusive(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$381
$529
$1,660
$734
$426
  • Beachfront
The Coral at Atlantis, Autograph Collection(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$373
$1,526
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
6,720 results
All reviewsroyal towerswater parkwest towermeal planlazy riverdolphin cayper personmarina villagebimini roadmarine lifefamily vacationdining planleap of faithjohnny rocketsrapid riverseafire steakhouseonce in a lifetime
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

On first arriving the door man took our luggage, we were meeting family who had already been there for two days, who had to already change their room once because the first room they went into smelled like mold so bad they calked down a guy came up with spray expecting to just spray, he noticed the snell was too unbearable, he instantly upgraded their room. we wanted our luggage so we could hit the pools. It took then a good 30 min to get us our luggage. We were checked into room 17551. Everything seemed good we hit the water park. The water parks are so much fun along with the aquariums. Went back to our room took shower and went to bed. Next morning we noticed all of our feet were black, didn't think a lot of it. Washed our feet... 15 min later our feet were BLACK again from walking on the rugs ---- I was disgusted. They came up to vacuum which didn't help. We asked to changed rooms. The second room 23551 did not have the same issue. We had spilt some water on the sheets the next night and needed to have them changed, we waited 3 hours and was up until midnight waiting for sheets after calling down 4 times and finally my husband going down to front desk. The maid manager and maid finally come to our room with no sheets!! But to argue that she had changed the sheets once already that day, which she had, but we still needed new sheets. They promptly got some ( after we waited 3 hours and was up until midnight with a 1 yr old). The next morning we were leaving and got up to take showers to head to the airport. We were in the middle of showers when the water turned burning hot ( yes with my 1 yr old in there) and then completely shut off!!!) we called down and they says they were aware wait 10 min and it will be fixed. The water didn't return at all we had to go to the air port without brushing our teeth and 1/2 showered. They took off $75 at the front desk at check out- not enough considering it $300+ a night!! We have been to the bahamas before and stated at the Sheraton where we had a much better experience. Atlantis seemed to be like the Walmart of hotels. Just get you in and out without quality ... Being there you feel like you are a number not a guest. We did venture to the coral towers which seemed to be more attentive to guests. We travel a Fair amount thus was by far the quest experience for the value we've ever paid! Ps you can't hardly get anywhere with a stroller

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank abrick1
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Just got back from a four night stay at Atlantis. It was wonderful and relaxing. Just walking around the enormous property gets you worn out and well prepared for a good nights sleep. We booked, through Atlantis, the Dan Knowles airport shuttle. It wasn't a fancy vehicle but it did the job however, despite the small size of Nassau, it does take 35 - 40 minutes to get from/to the airport. It seems that booking the transfer as part of your Atlantis reservation saves you money. We paid $52 for a round trip transfer for two of us. $26 each is not bad considering the cost of a taxi. Our room was in the east tower. A good sized room, with two very comfortable queen beds, a large flat screen TV, nice sized closet with a complimentary safe, adequate sized dresser and a good sized bathroom. The only complaint I had about the room was that the shower curtain was barely long enough to stay in the tub while taking a shower. The room also had a fully stocked refrigerator which we did not use due to the high cost of just removing an item from the refrigerator. We had a harbor view overlooking Nassau, Harborside and the cruise ship port. We could also see Dolphin Cay. The room had a sliding glass door which led out to a tiny balcony which was not much more than 18 inches deep. Check-in and check-out were quick. Atlantis also provides a quick check-out process through the TV in the room. On the grounds there is water every where. Many pools, a kids pool with play area, a lazy river (which was closed for repairs), a tube ride which was anything but a lazy river which has a portion of the ride through a tube that runs through shark tank. Sea life every where. Plenty of places to eat from five star restaurants to snack shops. Places we enjoyed were Bimini Road in the market place, the deli at the marina, the Lagoon bar and grill and Pisces near the beach. Food prices at your casual restaurants are on the high side ($19 - $22 for a burger, $3.50 for a small soda (No free refills)). Pisces had the best value of all the places we ate. If you are a bagel/donut/coffee person then head off-site to the Dunkin Donuts in the Paradise Plaza. To get there walk to the Atlantis Market Place, take the walkway next to Ben and Jerrys, turn right at the guard gate and the Paradise Plaza is just ahead across the street. The Dunkin Donuts is also the only place you will find complimentary WI-FI. Every where else you have to pay for it. At Atlantis the WI-FI will cost you $19.95 for a 24 hour period. Also, if you want to buy post cards, tee-shirts, hats, and other soveniers look for them at the plaza, you'll save money. Also at the plaza is a small grocery store (Village Grocery). They sell cans of soda for $1.10 while Atlantis sells cans for $3.50. If you want to go across the harbor to Nassau take the water taxi/ferry. $8 round trip. From the ferry port in Nassau you can walk to Nassau's fish fry area in about 20 minutes. Before I forget, no matter where you eat at Atlantis a 15% gratuity will be added to your bill. The only location where I did not think the 15% was worth it was at Johnny Rockets as our waitress did not appear to like her job. Also, if you want to conserve your money, stay out of the casino. Atlantis also has a complimentary 350 seat movie theatre which shows current movies three times a day.

Room Tip: For a good view book an upper level room in the Royal Towers. To save a few dollars book in the Coral Towers. It really does not make any difference as they are connected.
1  Thank divearnd
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I booked a trip the Atlantis resort for a 6 night stay with my boyfriend in October. We were so excited to check out a place we had only seen in pictures and dreamed about when the Atlantis commercials came on the TV. After reading numerous reviews, I became skeptical and nervous about the food prices everyone was talking about but the truth is, there is a budget for just about any budget in Paradise Island. You just have to be smart and know where to look.

We landed around 4:30pm after flying all night so were were exhausted and customs was a breeze, took a taxi from the airport and we were on our way. The Royal Towers is impressive once you get there just HUGE! The biggest hotel property I have ever seen in my life. Think Vegas only with a whimsy Little Mermaid twist. Checking in was rather quick, we got a room in the East wing facing the harbor on the 8th floor with a king bed. I then noticed our wing was the most efficient to get to the front of the hotel then any of the other wings so if you're wanting a quick jont to the lobby, request the East wing. Be aware of the refrigerator and the sensors, especially if you have kids. Don't remove anything unless you want to pay for it. We had an ice machine close to our room which was a plus for drinking cold water we brought.

The Marine life is amazing, I really enjoyed all the displays especially the turtle and ray tanks. My boyfriend and I walked the entire property and it was a breeze. If your wanting to get between tower to tower fast, there;s a shuttle that arrives every 15 minutes and will drop you off where ever you want in the resort.
I was very uninterested in the water slides after racking my butt and scraping my toes hard on the way own a waterslide. My boyfriend and I are fairly athletic and figured we were built perfectly for these slides. We ended up with a couple scrapes and bruises, nothing major we just discontinued the water slides after the first one. We took pleasure in the lazy river to cool off after swimming in the ocean. If you prefer spending all day at the beach, you are better off staying at the Cove or The Reef, the more expensive buildings but it's worth it. Remember to get your bracelets first thing in the morning to avoid having to show you key card to security by going into the towel huts that are scattered throughout the property.

For food you have the option to buy your dinner plans (we did not) or eat at the various fancy and expensive restaurants. For breakfast we bought our own cereal and purchased milk and juice downtown by taking a taxi. For lunch you can always go to the Pool and eat the typical Hamburguer, Hot dog, pizza or my favorite, the Chicken Caesar Wrap. For dinner we experimented a little and went to the Fish Fry (a short 15 min ride and $25 for 2 adults). We went with a guy named Ken who was on our bus from SCUBA diving and he recommended a place called Anchorage. It's a local spot right at the end of the market right on the water and I liked it because they didn't hound locals to try their food. The menu was fantastic, the best fried yellow tail snapper I've ever had and the lobster was amazing. We spent about $30 and my boyfriend and I were full and happy. Everyone is served on a plastic plate and the beer in plastic cups, but the atmosphere is friendly and the folks who worked there kept giving us a hard time for ordering, "what the locals eat" aka rice and beans, fried fish and beer. We had a merry time. We then took a taxi back to the island.

Another night we ate pizza at the Marina Pizzeria. 2 adults ate for $35 dollars... not bad at all!

We did try a sushi place inside the resort called Nobu which was a huge mistake. I'm used to decent sushi back home in Seattle at a more expensive cost, and Nobu's prices for what we got shocked me. When I see a $20 roll on a menu, I expect a decent size roll, 6 thickly sliced wedges of succulent fish and finely wrapped rice. I'm not picky by any means, but what we received was a mediocre spice tuna roll, nothing fancy, minimal wasabi the size of a pea, I was PISSED. My boyfriend ordered another roll when I saw the how sparingly they added actual fish, I said noway can we eat here. After ordering 3 rolls, I told my boyfriend I had had enough, took our bill ($75, ridiculous!) for crappy sushi and we left. Don't eat there.

Overall we really enjoyed my time in the Atlantis and The Royal Towers. My main issues were: 1) Bahamian time is clocked differently then on US time. So when renting jet ski's, keep a watch on you otherwise, the young kids will jip you. I was more angry then my boyfriend was. He was more understanding in a sense that this is how they make their income. 2) The bathroom toilet sounded like a dying seal every time I flushed. The maintenance needs some work and the buildings could use a good pressure wash outside.

Next time I return to the Bahamas for SCUBA diving, I plan on staying in a less expensive hotel closer to our dive sites, and less commercial so we get more of the island experience.

Room Tip: Get a room in the east tower. Its closer to the lobby & entrance to the hotel. Also request something above floor 5 so you get a view.
3  Thank Sarah F
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We recently returned from a trip to Atlantis, staying in the Royal Towers. I was a little nervous after reading some of people's comments, but happily it was a wonderful vacation and Atlantis and the Royal Towers were beautiful. The best advise I can give anyone is to read the reviews and learn as much and get as many tips from people as you can. Atlantis does a wonderful job of making sure that only people that belong on the property are there, so make sure you get your wristband every morning as they will be checking often. The rooms at Royal Towers are nice, I would agree with some that they could use a little updating, we stayed on the fifth floor west side water view and had a nice view. I would recommend higher though as we could just see over the palm trees and any lower level would probably not have a very good view. As far as eating I would recommend the Marketplace for Sunday brunch and the breakfast buffet, there are many options, the food was very good and they also offered some Bahamian food options. The Marina Pizza is the best deal, inexpensive and large slices of pizza. Johnny Rockets is also a less expensive option. I am also so glad I read about The Poop Deck in Nassau, the food was delicious, the view beautiful, and we got to try conch and grouper. We did the Behind the Scenes sea lion tour, it was great, we were one on one with a trainer and got to see how the animals are cared for and trained and got to take pictures with a sea lion, it is not advertised very much so ask about it. Overall I can't think of one thing that I would change about our trip from arriving at the airport (and yes take a taxi and not a shuttle, taxis are readily available at both the airport and Atlantis) to going home. As I said do your research before you get there, people on Trip Advisor offer invaluable tips that can help make your experience as good as ours was.

4  Thank petpenny
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We've visited the resort twice...2009 and 2013. To my family, there is no better place to vacation. There is something to do for everyone. You can't even cover the whole resort in a week (hence we've gone twice). The service is outstanding, food is fantatstic. You don't need to leave the resort to have an outstanding vacation. We'll be going back again!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family