This is a late review... I kept meaning to do a review but other things came up. I went with my parents and sister in December. My sister and I are in our 20's, just to give you an idea of what someone our age thinks of the resort. The hotel was very nice. We didn't have any problems with our room. We stayed in RT and were very glad we did. The Beach Towers were our other option. We decided to spend a little more in order to have a more centralized room. The resort seems huge at first, but it's not too bad of a walk. It's definitely more of an adventurous, fun place though, and I wouldn't suggest it for those who may be older or physically challenged. The biggest thing to do there is the water park. My dad had recently hurt his back, so he couldn't do many of the water rides.
The food was good, but VERY expensive. Plan to spend $15 or so on sandwiches and $25-30 at least on entrees. There is a shopping area across the street with Dunkin Donuts and a pizza place/restaurant. Both were good. Still pricey, but not as bad. The Marina Village pizza place was good and actually not too expensive. The BBQ place was probably our least favorite. Being from the Midwestern United States, we're used to good BBQ. This place was very expensive and just not worth it. The best thing there were the hush puppies we got for an appetizer. Most of the time we split sandwiches. One sandwich and fries was enough for two people, especially just for lunch. We drank tap water there. It's safe and no one got sick from it. That also allowed us to save some money.
We went to Blue Lagoon to swim with the dolphins. We did the package that included the dolphin push. We all loved it and I think it was definitely worth the money!
We also went on a cruise to Sandy Toes at Rose Island (through Majestic Tours, they have a booth/counter at the resort). They provided lunch and we went snorkeling. We would also definitely recommend this!
Our family has also been to St. Thomas. I don't think the water is quite as pretty in the Bahamas as it is in St. Thomas, but when we went to Sandy Toes it was prettier there. As far as snorkeling, we saw about the same amount of things at both places.
We were told we could take a ferry to downtown Nassau to go shopping. Don't take the ferry! We got to the dock after winding through the sidewalk with walls on both sides, so it was very secluded. The only people on the doc were locals. We thought it was strange that there were no other tourists there to take the ferry. The vendors were very pushy. The ferry was late and the ones that we saw sitting at the dock looked in terrible condition. They couldn't tell us for sure when the ferry would come so we convinced them to give us our money back. We ended up taking a taxi into downtown. It wasn't worth it. It was dirty and very crowded. We didn't really feel safe. Plus, the designer shops (Coach, etc.) were the same prices that they are back in the US.
I think we all had a great time! Atlantis is definitely something to experience once in your life.
P.S. please ignore my typos :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The iconic Royal Towers are the most reflective of mythical Atlantis, featuring grand architecture, artwork and design. Standard rooms have one king or two queen beds, a sitting area, and French balconies, while suites have full balconies. All rooms and suites offer terrace, harbour or water views. These towers are closest to Mandara Spa, the Fitness Center, Aquaventure, Atlantis Kids Adventures, The Dig, Casino, two main pools, and several gourmet dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Royal Towers Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Royal Hotel
- Atlantis Royal Paradise Island
- Atlantis Paradise Island Royal Towers
- Royal Towers Atlantis
- Royal Towers Of Atlantis
- Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island